+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Cloris Leachman - Season 7

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

Re: Cloris Leachman - Season 7

I wanted to see how Cloris would do at the dancing and I'm still waiting. Give me back Kenny Main. He treated the whole thing like a joke and really wanted to be booted.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

I do think we are getting into Master P territory here with Cloris, although I don't think that even he stooped to such blatantly tasteless routines. He just didn't really care and danced like it.

At first maybe people were laughing with Cloris, but now I think it's more laughing AT her, and there's big difference. She is making a total mockery of the effort and hard work that others are putting forth. It's insulting. I don't even find her remotely entertaining at all.

I can't imagine what people are thinking when they vote to keep her on. Are they so desperate for a cheap laugh that they want to see this woman again?

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Well, I think Cloris is WONDERFUL. Ok, she isn't a great dancer, but she's definitely entertaining. Slipping the judges $10 each to bribe them to give her "10"s!! I don't expect her to make it to the finals or even past the next couple of weeks, but I think she's giving it all she's got and them some.

The woman is 82 and she's still full of gumption. I hope that I'll be as active in my 80's.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by Nativenewyorker;3205427;
    I do think we are getting into Master P territory here with Cloris, although I don't think that even he stooped to such blatantly tasteless routines. He just didn't really care and danced like it.

At first maybe people were laughing with Cloris, but now I think it's more laughing AT her, and there's big difference. She is making a total mockery of the effort and hard work that others are putting forth. It's insulting. I don't even find her remotely entertaining at all.

I can't imagine what people are thinking when they vote to keep her on. Are they so desperate for a cheap laugh that they want to see this woman again?

I couldn't agree more! The whole thing is pissing me off to be honest. I said since they announced her, and I stick by it: She should NOT be on the show. Period.

She is not funny at all, she is annoying to watch & listen to. And I think Corky is getting a bit fed up with her too.

Anyone think Carrie Ann is going to give her another charity 6 (when it should have been a 3), after Cloris quite visibly called her a B----?

(And it pisses me off that they let her do that ... this is a family show, my 8 and 5 year old watch it with us, and our 8 year old DEFINITELY could read her lips on that word even though it was censored out.)

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3206202;
    Anyone think Carrie Ann is going to give her another charity 6 (when it should have been a 3), after Cloris quite visibly called her a B----?

(And it pisses me off that they let her do that ... this is a family show, my 8 and 5 year old watch it with us, and our 8 year old DEFINITELY could read her lips on that word even though it was censored out.)
    I don't have kids, but I agree. This is supposed to be a family friendly show. Cloris's antics and "bribing" the judges are bad enough (seriously, I'll scream if she does that bit again). But her cussing backstage isn't cute and just bad acting. Not to mention disrespectful. She should have been on her knees saying thank you for not getting 2's. I hate to think of what she'll butcher next week.

I was just talking to my sister who is no longer letting my 9 year old neice watch the show after the first episode. It's not just Cloris' antics but it's the fact that the female dancers are half naked and Cody drooling all over Julianne. It's more about Cody's reaction to Julianne than anything else. My neice is sooooo mad at my sister for that too
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fogey

And shame on the costuming department for showing so much cleavage! Younger woman with huge breasts should not wear that low of a cut but when you are 82 it is repulsive.

I think Len was ready to upchuck his dinner .hahahah
    :

I am not afraid of dying....I just don't want to be there when it happens!

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3206202;

Again, I couldn't agree more. It is sad that we made it through 6 seasons without much at all/any swearing, and now we have it a lot... with an 82 year old woman!

+ Reply to Thread