+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Brooke Burke - Season 7

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Brooke Burke - Season 7

Going into this season I never would have guessed Brooke would have been the big judges favorite. She and Derek have been at the #1 spot every week, right? Of course I think they deserve to be in the top 3, they're one of the best there. And while I was worried a lack of fan base might do them in, I'm not worried about that issue anymore. But given the fact that they are such big favorites of the judges, I worry this might be a Sabrina/Mark type exit.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3218311;
    Going into this season I never would have guessed Brooke would have been the big judges favorite. She and Derek have been at the #1 spot every week, right? Of course I think they deserve to be in the top 3, they're one of the best there. And while I was worried a lack of fan base might do them in, I'm not worried about that issue anymore. But given the fact that they are such big favorites of the judges, I worry this might be a Sabrina/Mark type exit.
    I'm not really worried about that. A lot of people disliked Sabrina because of her exuberance. I don't see people having the same reaction to Brooke. What's not to like about her? She's gorgeous, sweet, great attitude, works hard and dances well. And she's definitely not over the top in any way.

FORT Regular

Good points Blues Songstres but unfortunately some websites and people(Lancey fans mostly ) are trying to pick faults about her and they are super snarky. So at this point I won't be shocked if they get the shock boot. Looks like we will never see a freestyle off Derek

I never cared for Sabrina because while technically she was a good dancer she didn't seem to be able to do anything soft. It was all hard movements. A lot of people didn't care for her and so I wasn't shocked at all when she left. They kept announcing it as shocking, but having read these boards I had a feeling for a few weeks that all it would take was one bad performance when she got a low score from the judges to send her home. That's exactly what happened. People didn't like her enough to vote for her.

I'm not sure how Brooke places on that scale, but I don't read the same level of dislike for her that people had for Sabrina. I guess it all depends on if people are compelled to vote for her. I am. I really enjoy her dancing and have been voting for her.

An article I read on realitytvworld today mentioned that the show's producers tried to get Brooke's fiancee to participate in this season as well. Now that would have been an interesting competition!

Skanky Brooke won't go anywhere but down on her knees. She'll probably win by kneelin' down.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

These two were my favorites in the beginning but now? I wish they'd be the shocking elimination and head for the exit. Derek has gotten a big old head, and they don't even seem fazed by the praise and scores they get. They're good, but I don't think they're that good.

ETA: Brooke I like. I guess this is similar to Lance/Lacey-like him, but can't stand her, and since they're paired together the dislike rubs off. Of course they can't help who they get paired with and have to just go along.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-22-2008 at 02:39 AM.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I really like Brooke. I tolerate Derek, but since I like her I won't be mad if they win.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3221404;
    I really like Brooke. I tolerate Derek, but since I like her I won't be mad if they win.
    I pretty much agree .... I think she is making him better and cutting down on his tantrums. She is used to dealing with children after all!

As much as I dislike Derek, I think she has proven herself to be truly worthy of at least making the finals if not winning.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;3221434;
    I pretty much agree .... I think she is making him better and cutting down on his tantrums. She is used to dealing with children after all!

As much as I dislike Derek, I think she has proven herself to be truly worthy of at least making the finals if not winning.
    I completely agree with you. Brooke seems to be causing Derek to mature a little this season. I've always liked his choreography, and you have to admit that he is acting more mature this season than he was last season with Shannon. I think Brooke deserves to win. The only thing that can hold her back now is if Derek ticks off the audience the way he did last year with his tantrums about Shannon.

+ Reply to Thread