+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Brooke Burke - Season 7

FORT Regular

Re: Brooke Burke - Season 7

A snippet from Brooke's recent blog entry

I had a crazy, exhausting week, both physically and mentally.
    Tonight’s dance is very intense and difficult. Sweet, funny
    Derek has really been tough on me this week, but only because
    he is pushing for quality and I am trying my best to bring it
    Now I am 100% confident she will nail the dance. Good luck folks!

FORT Regular

I hope they do not become a shocking elimination like Sabrina/Mark. Brooke unlike Sabrina or Kristi was not expected to be good. That is part of the excitement in watching her so far.

That paso sounds difficult. I hope she can pull it off and not overthink it.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkberry30;3207615;
    I hope they do not become a shocking elimination like Sabrina/Mark. Brooke unlike Sabrina or Kristi was not expected to be good. That is part of the excitement in watching her so far.
    I don't think there's a risk of her going THAT soon. If it happens it will be when at least half the crowd is gone, when the judges can start harping on "improvement" as a criteria.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

The producers sure aren't helping her out with that terrible song they had her dance the paso doble to this week. It sounded more like a sappy love song than a paso. How on earth was she supposed to express a paso to that! I think she was overmarked for her paso (it really wasn't one). I really like this girl, so I hope she gets a better song to dance to next week.

I like Brooke a lot. She is so sweet, and really tries. She is a really good dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;3208356;
    The producers sure aren't helping her out with that terrible song they had her dance the paso doble to this week. It sounded more like a sappy love song than a paso. How on earth was she supposed to express a paso to that! I think she was overmarked for her paso (it really wasn't one). I really like this girl, so I hope she gets a better song to dance to next week.
    She got a better song than Lance!!

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;3208356;
    I actually LOVED that song and thought it was perfect!
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3211687;
    I actually LOVED that song and thought it was perfect!
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who liked it. I thought it was a perfect fit.

FORT Regular

karalott check your mailbox. Didnt you get my PM?

FORT Regular

Man this season is completely cursed!

From Brooke's blog

911 at Baboosh Baby

It has been an intense weekend, especially yesterday when Derek and I almost found ourselves out of the competition.Saturday,on the CBS stage, we were practicing as usual when Derek accidentally tripped over a box, while walking backwards. As he tried to break his fall, by jumping up, his foot caught a stage light which sent him further into the air. He landed on his back on the wooden dance floor and smashed the back of his head. He was disoriented, blacked out for a few seconds, and was flattened out in pain. He couldn’t move, I sat beside him as he layed there and we waited for help to arrive. Our producers called 911 and the paramedics arrived to carefully examine him. He suffered a neck injury last season which had him down for a week, so the reoccurance was definately scary. They rushed him off, stretcher and all, in the ambulance for further testing in the ER.

Derek once told me that dancers were clumsy, now I have to believe him. Even as they wheeled him out, he was talking about today’s rehearsals and assured me that he would be ok to dance. That was the last thing on my mind. I wanted him to be okay. I went home to wait for his results. After a cat scan and many other tests, he received a clean bill of health and we were back at it today as scheduled. With a huge headache, and a little dizziness, the show goes on….

+ Reply to Thread