+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Brooke Burke - Season 7

Re: Brooke Burke - Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3206208;
    I can conceive of Brooke making top 3. I wouldn't PREDICT it, but I can see it.

But Misty? Are you guys watching the same show I am? This week, it's between Misty, Cloris, and Rocco for seeyalater contention. Susan would be there on talent, but the soap fanbase on this show is huge.
    I think Maks' fans (and they are legion) will keep Misty in it for quite a while. I agree that if she doesn't improve a lot, she won't win. She isn't there yet, but I do see potential in her. I was impressed that she was willing to go solo on the Mambo and carry the bulk of the performance for that dance this early in the season. I don't know if Brooke's fan base is as big as Maks'. To be honest I hadn't heard of her before. I still think Brooke is the class of the field so far.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I can conceive of Brooke making top 3. I wouldn't PREDICT it, but I can see it.

But Misty? Are you guys watching the same show I am? This week, it's between Misty, Cloris, and Rocco for seeyalater contention. Susan would be there on talent, but the soap fanbase on this show is huge.
    DancingDad hit the nail on the head about Misty-she's got her own fans but Maks is equally as popular and I'm one viewer who's so happy to have him back this season. In no way do I think she's the best dancer, and I thought her mambo was a bit of a mess. But I think she does have a lot of potential and seeing as how they will stick around for awhile I'm expecting a lot of improvement from her.

I think Maks' fans (and they are legion) will keep Misty in it for quite a while. I agree that if she doesn't improve a lot, she won't win. She isn't there yet, but I do see potential in her. I was impressed that she was willing to go solo on the Mambo and carry the bulk of the performance for that dance this early in the season. I don't know if Brooke's fan base is as big as Maks'. To be honest I hadn't heard of her before. I still think Brooke is the class of the field so far
    I had heard of her but didn't know if she was the one who hosted Wild On or the one who dated Bruce Willis (that being Brooke Burns). Misty is probably a more popular name coming right off of the Olympics and pre-show she seemed to get more coverage in interviews. While I wasn't impressed with her mambo, I do agree with you that I was impressed she carried most of the dance alone. I always try to think back to Helio; he was pretty much an unknown yet won over a lot of people and won. Brooke may do the same. Winning? Not sure, but hopefully she's in it for the long haul.

FORT Regular

I agree with you there. Misty is so stiff,gangly and ungraceful. It is painful to see her on the dance floor and her face always look like she is coping with a bad flu or something Even Laila Ali(whom I couldn't stand and still do) had grace than her.

Sorry karalott. I know how much you are pulling for Maks & Misty for final 3,so i hope you do not mind me expressing my views.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;3206222;
    I don't know if Brooke's fan base is as big as Maks'. To be honest I hadn't heard of her before. I still think Brooke is the class of the field so far.
    You forgot her secret weapon..DEREK .. The young Hough is pretty popular and has a big fanbase too. I dont know if it's on par with Maks but Derek fans will keep saving Brooke. Same case with Cody, Julianne fans will keep him in.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by pasodoble;3206260;
    You forgot her secret weapon..DEREK .. The young Hough is pretty popular and has a big fanbase too. I dont know if it's on par with Maks but Derek fans will keep saving Brooke. Same case with Cody, Julianne fans will keep him in.
    Thus far I haven't seen that Brooke has needed "saving" and unless she completely falls apart, I don't see it coming any time soon.

I think Misty will be fine and I don't think she was anywhere near in danger of being a "seeyalater".

FORT Regular

Alright so it has been confirmed Brooke is doing the Paso Doble next week. I'm thrilled and worried at the same time. Technically she will be perfect no doubt but what I fear is the intensity of the dance, is Brooke an actress enough to pull off the right expressions? If she is not, then Derek better hire an instructor to teach Brooke on how to emote or else I can foresee Len comparing her with a 'cold fish' like Stacy Keibler back in S2.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I don't see Brooke being a "cold fish" at all. I can't wait to see her Paso.

FORT Regular

I do not get cold fish from Brooke either. Kristi was very technical, but I do not think Brooke is technical either. She is a natural. Does she have the fan base though? I hope so. I hope she comes out and shows that aggression and drama for the paso.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkberry30;3207078;
    Does she have the fan base though? I hope so.
    A build in fan base? Yes. But not one who watch this show.

A potential fan base among existing DWTS viewers who might identify with her? Possibly. She's too damn gorgeous for this to come easy to her, but there's at least a possibility that instead of "I hate her because she's had four kids and is 37 years old and looks like THAT" she could get some viewers seeing her as a role model.

Derek better hire an instructor to teach Brooke on how to emote or else I can foresee Len comparing her with a 'cold fish' like Stacy Keibler back in S2
    Misty is the one far more likely to get that instead of Brooke. Although since Len loves Misty so far, it would probably come from Carrie Ann, who doesn't seem as impressed.

Brooke's problems, if she has any, will be cast as the "you came out hot but aren't getting better" variety. They will now hold her to an impossibly high standard, because the show thrives on having a lot of people in the running (and they will be doubly sensitive about that after the way Kristi dominated last season). This could bite Brooke in the butt particularly badly, because if the judges decide to make a "statement" by scoring her really low one week, she won't necessarily have the fan votes to survive that, and could be the "shock boot" they always seem to want to have one of each season.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Regular

Oh yes. I certainly hope they don't end up like Sabrina/Mark, it would such a travesty.

+ Reply to Thread