+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Brooke Burke - Season 7

FORT Regular

Re: Brooke Burke - Season 7

Boy, I am so delighted the producers did not stick Brooke with Mark or Marks.. Derek really deserves to shine especially after what he went through last season. And puhlease! Derek is anything but arrogant? The title belongs to Maks. Derek is just a goofball who loves mugging and fooling around. Nothing harmful at that.

Brooke appears to be that frontrunner that will fade in the middle... but she should go far and I like what we've seen so far.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3204384;
    Brooke appears to be that frontrunner that will fade in the middle... but she should go far and I like what we've seen so far.
    No no dont say that! Please don't jinx her. I am eagerly awaiting a freestyle from Derek ever since his debut. Very long overdue IMO.

I hope she doesn't fade in the middle, and I don't think she will. She really seems to have a talent for this. She and Derek also seem to have a good chemistry working together, not the kind he had last year with Shannon which was destructive IMO. Brooke and Derek's chemistry this year remind me of the relationships the top three couples had last year. A good raport with your partner / teacher can help you excel in this game because it makes it easy to spend the necessary practice hours together in a productive fashion.

I am so happy with how well she is doing. I hope she can keep it up for the duration. I think their chemistry is adorable and I knew I liked her from watching RockStar and now if only she can get Dave Navarro to show up in the audience, I will be happy!

Derek... somebody must really like him with the celebs he keeps getting.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by pasodoble;3204478;
    No no dont say that! Please don't jinx her. I am eagerly awaiting a freestyle from Derek ever since his debut. Very long overdue IMO.
    I always think of Cristian/Cheryl. If those two, with him being more of unknown that Brooke is, can get to the final 3, I'm trying to believe there's hope for anybody. Brooke's the frontrunner and I hope that doesn't jinx her ala Sabrina/Mark. They've been getting my votes the last two nights (along with Toni/Alec and Misty/Maks) and will continue to do so. That'd be my ideal final 3 right there (but sorry Derek, I'd rather see Alec/Maks in the final 2). I think there's definitely more couples in danger of going than her. I hope anyway. You never know how America will vote.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3205300;
    I always think of Cristian/Cheryl. If those two, with him being more of unknown that Brooke is, can get to the final 3, I'm trying to believe there's hope for anybody. Brooke's the frontrunner and I hope that doesn't jinx her ala Sabrina/Mark. They've been getting my votes the last two nights (along with Toni/Alec and Misty/Maks) and will continue to do so. That'd be my ideal final 3 right there (but sorry Derek, I'd rather see Alec/Maks in the final 2). I think there's definitely more couples in danger of going than her. I hope anyway. You never know how America will vote.
    It would be a first to have a final three that was all female celebs. Your final three picks are the same as mine right now though. Of the remaining male celebs I think that only Lance, Cody, and Warren are even capable of making a charge, but they each have a very long way to go to catch up with the girls. I actually had high hopes for Maurice, but I don't think he'll get there.

I know how much you like Maks and Alec, but if we discount the partners I think that Brooke has shown me the most aptitude for dance. She did well in both the latin and traditional styles, and seems to work hard. Right now I'm pulling for her. If she continues to learn new stuff at the rate she has so far she will be phenomenal by the finals.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;3205319;
    It would be a first to have a final three that was all female celebs. Your final three picks are the same as mine right now though. Of the remaining male celebs I think that only Lance, Cody, and Warren are even capable of making a charge, but they each have a very long way to go to catch up with the girls. I actually had high hopes for Maurice, but I don't think he'll get there.

I know how much you like Maks and Alec, but if we discount the partners I think that Brooke has shown me the most aptitude for dance. She did well in both the latin and traditional styles, and seems to work hard. Right now I'm pulling for her. If she continues to learn new stuff at the rate she has so far she will be phenomenal by the finals.
    That's why I'm not counting on having those 3 in the finale. I think Warren will go middle of the pack. He's entertaining to watch, but eventually his time will be up. Lance isn't nearly as much of a ringer as I thought he'd be, at least in ballroom styles. And I'm thinking Cody/Julianne will be going sooner rather than later. Like paso said above, I'm longing to see Derek do a freestyle. Maks, imo, hasn't had the best freestyles so hopefully he learned something from taking a season off. Sadly, I'm still getting a feeling that either Brooke/Derek are going to run out of steam and fall out of favor with the judges/audience or be sent home in a surprise elimination.
    Last edited by karalott; 09-25-2008 at 08:17 PM.

FORT Regular

Toni, Misty and Brooke are my final 3 picks too.

I want Brooke to do well and she is just such a find! I do not remember a celeb on this show, with no dance background, just so comfortable and dancing so well. I do hope she does not get lost in the mix. I hope she gets the votes. I also think she has the focus to be in it for the long run. I would not mind seeing a Derek freestyle. He is pretty creative and Brooke just seems to have fun when she dances.

I can conceive of Brooke making top 3. I wouldn't PREDICT it, but I can see it.

But Misty? Are you guys watching the same show I am? This week, it's between Misty, Cloris, and Rocco for seeyalater contention. Susan would be there on talent, but the soap fanbase on this show is huge.

+ Reply to Thread