+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Brooke Burke - Season 7

Who is John Galt?

Re: Brooke Burke - Season 7

Brooke is a very beautiful woman with an incredible figure (even after 4 kids) and she can dance. She is by far the best and most consistent dancer on the show and has a sweet, natural personality. If she doesn't win (in my opinion) it will be a travesty (okay that's probably too strong a word), but let's just say she SHOULD win.

I get sick of Derek mugging for the camera. I can't stand him.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I hope the final 2 is Brooke/Derek and Warren/Kym, because I'd be happy with either one taking it and not having to worry about Tom uttering those horrible words that Lance/Lacey won. I do think they're going for a non athlete winner this year, so I have a feeling Warren will go out third leaving Brooke/Lance. Hopefully Derek's fanbase can rival L/L because I don't think Brooke can do it on her own.

I re-watched their performance from Monday, and I really think they screwed that jive up on purpose. While I thought their jitterbug was overscored and overrated, it was still one of their best performances and with the jive looking similar I can't believe she'd bomb it that bad. I know she still has an injury to her foot, and I can't remember if that was there during jitterbug week. So that may have been a factor. I can't wait to see Derek's freestyle

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3237349;
    I re-watched their performance from Monday, and I really think they screwed that jive up on purpose. While I thought their jitterbug was overscored and overrated, it was still one of their best performances and with the jive looking similar I can't believe she'd bomb it that bad. I know she still has an injury to her foot, and I can't remember if that was there during jitterbug week. So that may have been a factor. I can't wait to see Derek's freestyle
    Really???? I'm all for conspiracy theories but why in the world would anyone do that? To get sympathy votes? That's a big risk to take when you don't have much control over the voting. I doubt we would ever find out if that's what they did but if they did, IMO, a very dumb and potentially stupid move.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3237845;
    Really???? I'm all for conspiracy theories but why in the world would anyone do that? To get sympathy votes? That's a big risk to take when you don't have much control over the voting. I doubt we would ever find out if that's what they did but if they did, IMO, a very dumb and potentially stupid move.
    I doubt it happened, but it just surprised me of all dances Brooke would bomb on that one. Someone can refresh my memory, but did Brooke have her foot injury when she did the jitterbug? Sympathy votes, lowering expectations of yourself, making your next dance run circles around your previous dance when it might not have, overconfidence that you'll survive? I can't believe Derek would do something like that, but considering threw the Brooke is a pro back in CA's face and made poor Brooke suffer for that comment, maybe he did scale it back a little.

FORT Regular

Really? Brooke was injured during that jitterbug and she also has another injury (pulled thigh muscle). She is not a performer like Lance so when she got off beat from the start, I think it just startled her. She really came back with her second dance. That was the dance of the night. I hope she does win though. Small fan base, being compared to female pros and other female celebs who are not even participating this season like Kristi and her injuries and a good sport. It seems like an uphill battle.

FORT Newbie

If it were not for fan voting, I'm sure Brooke would win. As a former Arthur Murray dance instructor who worked his way through college on his feet (or with people stepping on mine), I believe Brooke is much more talented than the other remaining dancers.

FORT Regular

Thanks for that post, hadrian. L/L have such a big fan base but I hope Brooke impresses tonight.

Brooke should win...She's the best dancer hands down, but if the finals is between her and Lance, I fear for her.Lance has a bigger fanbase than her. She really has to score big with the judges to offset the votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancygirl;3240511;
    Brooke should win...She's the best dancer hands down, but if the finals is between her and Lance, I fear for her.Lance has a bigger fanbase than her. She really has to score big with the judges to offset the votes.
    Between the three Brooke is the better dancer, and while I'd rank Warren third his entertainment and just having a good time makes up for it. I hope it comes down to Brooke/Warren because I'd be fine with either of them winning, but I'm sure fanbase for both L/L are going to factor into them making the final 2. Hopefully not winning. Derek wants this win, and I'm sure he's pulling out all the stops to get it. Can't wait for their freestyle!
    Last edited by karalott; 11-24-2008 at 07:38 PM.

+ Reply to Thread