+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Lance Bass - Season 7

Re: Lance Bass - Season 7

It's an insult to US. I'm on the fence regarding watching this at all. It's lost it's entertainment value. I don't watch TV so that I can get angry or frustrated - I have work for that.

I have actually grown to like Lance.. he seems like a nice guy & he can dance pretty good, better than he thinks. I never thought I would like him, but I do.

I still do not like Lacey, but at least she has not been as rude/annoying since the judges said that stuff to her.

And then there were two …

Doctors have diagnosed Dancing with the Stars pro Lacey Schwimmer with endometriosis — the same condition that has sidelined Julianne Hough.

Schwimmer, who coaches Lance Bass on the hit ABC show, says she learned Wednesday that she too suffers from the same ailment.

“A few days ago, I started feeling very shaky, very weak, and I had awful cramps … I didn’t really know what was going on,” she told The Insider. “I went to go get checked out today and I
    actually have the beginning onset of what Julianne has.”

Endometriosis, a relatively common — but often painful — medical condition found in 5 percent to 10 percent of women, is the development of uterine-lining tissue outside the uterus on the
    surfaces of organs, such as the appendix, in the pelvis or abdomen.

“It hurts very bad,” she said. “Right now I’m insanely weak, and the room is spinning.”

But, unlike Hough –- who went under the knife earlier this week — it seems Schwimmer won’t require surgery.

“I have medication that is taking care of it,” she said. “We caught it at a very good time.”

As for Hough, Schwimmer says her fellow dancer is “doing great.”

“Julianne is in bed,” she continued. “She has her boyfriend there, she has her mom, her sisters, her dog.”
    Lacey Schwimmer Diagnosed with Same Illness as Julianne Hough - PEOPLE TV Watch

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Anytime I even attempt to get in their corner they (or rather Lacey) ruins it with her attitude. I liked the rumba but didn't care for the barefoot part; however that was just some minor detail I'd probably forget about the next day if they didn't make an issue out of it. What's with the whole "I'll walk barefoot over your face". And was the audience booing her when she said that? Len doesn't like you Lacey, and it's almost the end of the show so obviously he's not going to like your style now. I do enjoy Lance, however. He's no Joey Fatone, but probably the next most entertaining member of N Sync.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-07-2008 at 01:16 AM.

She is just rude, plain & simple. I pray that she doesn't come back next season!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie;3230105;
    She is just rude, plain & simple. I pray that she doesn't come back next season!
    If you watched DWTS from the first season, Louis Van Amstel was rude, arrogant and cocky when he was paired with Trista Sutter; Max, in the beginning, was rude and cocky and constantly argued with the judges; Tony Dovolani has been argumentative to the judges in prior seasons (Jane Seymore and "footgate"); I love and adore both Louis and Max but I don't think Lacey is anywhere remotely close to being like they were.

That being said, I realize all of this is a matter of opinion and alot of times once someone gets a opinion of someone its hard to erase that opinion.

I like the fact that Lacey does things a little different and tweaks and bucks the trends occasionally. That appeal sometimes brings in the younger crowd and sometimes you've got to do something like that to (hopefully) suck them in to watching the rest of the show and hopefully becoming interested in ALL forms of ballroom.

I would love to see Lacey back next season!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Regular

Sorry Lance, you are not a bad person and I really try to warm up to you, but I REALLY hope you two are the 'shocking elimination' next week. Why because I loathe the girl you are paired with.

Lacey is the most disgusting vile bitch in the world of reality shows and everytime I see her, I just feel like smashing her face.

I highly concur with Maks. Lacey is a fat chunky pig and yet she thinks she is some hot [mod edit]. PFFTT!. Not even close.
    Last edited by waywyrd; 11-07-2008 at 04:58 PM. Reason: language

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3230180;
    If you watched DWTS from the first season, Louis Van Amstel was rude, arrogant and cocky when he was paired with Trista Sutter; Max, in the beginning, was rude and cocky and constantly argued with the judges; Tony Dovolani has been argumentative to the judges in prior seasons (Jane Seymore and "footgate"); I love and adore both Louis and Max but I don't think Lacey is anywhere remotely close to being like they were.
    It's hard to explain, but all four of them come across more differently. I think even foot gate was a legitimate argument, just like hip gate with Shannon and Derek last season. Louis seemed much more arrogant in season 1 but I found him to be a completely different person in seasons 2, 3, and 6. Regardless of how he acted Trista wasn't lasting long, but I wouldn't be surprised if he put people off with his attitude, too. I think he learned his lesson big time. In Lacey's case, it's almost like she's begging for it. The whole 'we're doing things our way' then getting upset when the judges don't like it, or making comments like 'we'll walk barefoot all over your face'. I just find Lacey to be more mugging for the camera and liking the drama because it gives her more camera time and attention on the show.

I didn't watch SYTYCD, so I can't judge Lacey from there, but I'm not sure why the producers wanted her or what made her so special compared to all the other dancers on that show. I've said before I'm not sure if Lacey is making the splash the producers expected her and Lance to. They haven't gotten the most press, either pre-show or during the show's run. They are decent dancers but not the absolute best, and in terms of the other pros left I'd rank Lacey last compared to them.

And an FYI, Lacey and her brother will be doing one of the pro dances during the results show this week to Brad Paisley.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-09-2008 at 01:37 AM.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3231153;
    It's hard to explain, but all four of them come across more differently. I think even foot gate was a legitimate argument, just like hip gate with Shannon and Derek last season. Louis seemed much more arrogant in season 1 but I found him to be a completely different person in seasons 2, 3, and 6. Regardless of how he acted Trista wasn't lasting long, but I wouldn't be surprised if he put people off with his attitude, too. I think he learned his lesson big time. In Lacey's case, it's almost like she's begging for it. The whole 'we're doing things our way' then getting upset when the judges don't like it, or making comments like 'we'll walk barefoot all over your face'. I just find Lacey to be more mugging for the camera and liking the drama because it gives her more camera time and attention on the show.

I didn't watch SYTYCD, so I can't judge Lacey from there, but I'm not sure why the producers wanted her or what made her so special compared to all the other dancers on that show. I've said before I'm not sure if Lacey is making the splash the producers expected her and Lance to. They haven't gotten the most press, either pre-show or during the show's run. They are decent dancers but not the absolute best, and in terms of the other pros left I'd rank Lacey last compared to them.

And an FYI, Lacey and her brother will be doing one of the pro dances during the results show this week to Brad Paisley.
    I was totally put off by Louis and Max when DWTS first started but when they came back 2nd season, I fell in love with both of them and have been big supporters of both since then.

I watched Lacey when she was on SYTYCD and liked her (she wasn't my fave but I did like that she made top 4) and I have to say the way she is on DWTS is how she was on SYTYCD. Understandably, that show caters more to the younger crowd so there didn't seem to be such a glaring difference as there may be on DWTS. She seemed to have the same issues with watchers of SYTYCD who didn't like the mugging AND the fact that her brother had won the show previously. I think she is one of those people who you like or you don't like..there's not really a middle ground. I happen to be on the side of liking her.

BTW...I am also one of those that is THRILLED that her and Benji will be dancing together!!! Benji also had the mugging for the camera issue so I would say that family is either a like 'em or don't like 'em type!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Regular

I am with karalott, her dancing is not impressive. I would say dance wise, probably the worst of all female pros the show has ever had. It seems like she wants to be this rebel and forcing this persona while I did not mind Louis or Maks when they started. She seems popular with tweeners.

+ Reply to Thread