+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Lance Bass - Season 7

Re: Lance Bass - Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3209993;
    Maks has made a statement in an interview that he more or less he doesn't think Lacey qualifies to be on the show as a pro because she has no ballroom or latin training.
    That makes no sense. She has nothing BUT ballroom training. She was a ballroom champion in Swing, no less ... BEFORE she was on SYTYCD. She (and her brother) were OVERqualified for the other show ... not underqualified for this one.

(Anyone notice Pasha and Sara dancing to Jessica Simpson-Romo on the results show? Another crossover - guess their contracts with Fox are over too.)

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3210348;
    That makes no sense. She has nothing BUT ballroom training. She was a ballroom champion in Swing, no less ... BEFORE she was on SYTYCD. She (and her brother) were OVERqualified for the other show ... not underqualified for this one.

(Anyone notice Pasha and Sara dancing to Jessica Simpson-Romo on the results show? Another crossover - guess their contracts with Fox are over too.)
    Maks doesn't knock her dance style, but the impression I got is he doesn't think her style is right for this particular show. I guess his point was she doesn't have the traditional training that the other pros have in ballroom, and I don't know if she has any latin training (at least that's what I've read; I never watched her on the other show so I can only judge what I see on here).

Who is John Galt?

This is a good couple - IMO one of the top 4 or 5. Holding them back is Lacey's wild choreography style (which doesn't sit well with Len at all!) Lance seems to have a natural ability. Altho he's gay, he isn't girly so he imbues a strong male presence when he dances. The costumes were totally wrong for the paso doble and the dance left me scratching my head and wondering - "what was that"! Hopefully, Lacey will get a clue and start improving her choreography so they stay around for awhile because I enjoy watching them dance.

I like them (they aren't my favorites but I still enjoy watching them). I liked her for the most part on SYTYCD (not as much as Heidi) and she does get to be too much over time but I still like her. She's new and unless the pro is hot hot hot, they seem to have some sort of growing pains at first. She'll settle into the routine and figure it all out.

I'll be solely voting for Lance now that Misty had to withdraw. He and Lacey are the only other couple I can stand really....or is it that fact that I'm still bitter Joey didn't win?
    Forever a Word Nerd

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I enjoy Lacey & Lance as well. I love the classical style of ballroom, but I think they give it all a fresh, new look. Nothing wrong with that as far as I'm concerned.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I wouldn't mind the fresh and new, but I wish they'd leave the attitude at the door. They seem to go in with the mind set about how to piss Len off the most (of course that's obvious for drama anyway). And what's with all these story line angles this season? Cody being the boy who became a man, and L/L who claim they're the rebels and who are going to switch everything up. Lance said in an interview that they tried traditional, but it didn't work, so now they're going to go back to what "the majority of the audience" wants-whatever you want to call their style. They can count me out of that majority, because I hate their attitude and aside from that find them boring. I think I would love Lance with a different partner, however.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-11-2008 at 09:06 PM.

I really like Lance and would much prefer that he be paired with another partner. I don't care for Lacey's attitude or her choreography style. I find it to be too much of a distraction.

I don't love Lacey, but I think Lance has great potential. I never watched SYTYCD, so I had no opinion about her, but I don't despise her. I just find her very different from the other pros. I know Maks has expressed his opinion about her dancing, but I think she has what it takes to be on this show. I like their edgy dancing, when it doesn't overtake the essence of the dance itself. It's fun and interesting.

The tango was their best dance. They finally got the right mix of edgy and traditional. They did a proper tango, but did it their way. I loved it. Lance really held the posture and position and that could not have been easy for him. I loved the costumes and makeup. It was like early Halloween.

As long as Lacey can manage to respect the essential components of the dances, then I think they can be strong contenders here.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

They continue to be my favorite dancers and get all of my votes!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread