+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Lance Bass - Season 7

Who is John Galt?

Re: Lance Bass - Season 7

I haven't watched last night's show yet, but the first night I thought they were the best of the bunch. I am not a fan of either and don't care how they do, but just on an objective note - they dance well together and he is definitely one of the better guys.

I like Lance and I thought he did a good job. I didn't care for Lacey. She does not seem as poised and professional as the other dancers. Also, she seemed to keep wanting the limelight and I thought he was supposed to be the celebrity, not her. Would have preferred to see him teamed with Julianne. She's a class act.

OK, whoever is in charge of picking songs should be shot. "Kissed a Girl"? Really? They didn't dance a real Paso - but how could they with a friggin pop song? Ridiculous. If they'd danced anything like a real Paso, with powerful masculine moves, and bullfighteresque movements, to THAT song, they would have looked like idiots.

I am really not liking Lacey much.

As much as I cannot blame them for receiving "I Kissed a Girl" as a song for a paso doble, I can't help but think that Lacey cannot shake the "So You Think You Can Dance" mentality. Everything I have seen so far is something I would have seen on SYTYCD and not DWTS. If she continues on this path of "interpreting" the dances, I feel that we will be saying goodbye to Lance sooner than later.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

While I agree the song choice sucked, other pairs in the past have gotten songs that didn't really fit their dance style but made the most of it and made sure to point it out to the judges if they had any criticism (Apolo/Julianne's tango to 'Jessie's Girl' comes to mind). They could have made the most of it but Lacey decided to put the edge on and piss the judges off. I admit I don't pay much attention to these two, but when they showed the recap that look on Lacey's face after their dance was childish. As if she was waiting/daring Len to put their dance down. Lacey just isn't right for this show. But I'm sure what she's pulling and the talk it's creating is what the producers intended. Why they felt they needed it I don't know. If Cloris can swallow her pride and tone down the antics to stay in it, Lacey needs to do the same. If not she and Lance may be finding out exactly what America thinks of them.

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;3209073;
    I am really not liking Lacey much.

As much as I cannot blame them for receiving "I Kissed a Girl" as a song for a paso doble, I can't help but think that Lacey cannot shake the "So You Think You Can Dance" mentality. Everything I have seen so far is something I would have seen on SYTYCD and not DWTS. If she continues on this path of "interpreting" the dances, I feel that we will be saying goodbye to Lance sooner than later.
    I could not agree with you more, she so wants all the attention, she is not the star, who brought her on anyways, I wouldve' prefer Benji.
    Freedom, Justice & Equality For All

It's interesting to watch Lacey during the judge's review. The other pros, for the most part, stand in the background to let the "star" receive the feedback. She stands next to Lance, generally in a lockhold, and takes the criticism with him. She doesn't seem to realize the difference between DWTS and SYTYCD in that both partners received feedback in the show she participated in as a contestant, while only one of the partners is a contestant in DWTS (and that person is not her), and that is the person who should be getting the feed back on this show.

On the other hand, you don't really hear them critiquing how Lance performed the choreography given to him, they spend a great deal more attention on the inappropriateness of the choreography itself. It's possible that if she stepped back like the others and let Lance face the judges alone, that they would talk more about his dancing and less about her choreography. As an employee of the show, they should be directing commnets to Lacey concerning her work performance behind the scenes.

I have a strong feeling that the producer's hands are all over this. That she was hired especially to put an edge on the show and to push the envelope maybe to attract a younger audience. If you get a song like "Kissed A Girl" for a Paso Doble number, you have to know what they (The Producers) are expecting from you.
    Last edited by Tigerusty; 10-01-2008 at 02:59 PM.

I think she's just what this show needed. Alot of people I talk to don't watch because they say it's boring.

I don't have a problem with modern moves being added into the dances here and there. However, the Paso Doble is the dance of the bullfighter. There is absolutely no room for hip hop moves. This is one dance that needs to have the intensity of the dance be in the forefront.

Even in Warren & Kym's stylized version they kept the moves associated with the Paso ingrained in the dance, which is why it worked while Lancey's didn't.

I don't think Lacey is doing Lance any favors, which saddens me since I wanted him to stick around for a while.

+ Reply to Thread