+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Lance Bass - Season 7

Re: Lance Bass - Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3186514;
    It's interesting that you can call yourself an astronaut just by having a certain certification, versus having ever actually gone up (besides, he actually got cosmonaut training!)
    There are a number of real astronauts who never went up for one reason or another. The one that first comes to mind is Deke Slayton, one of the first 7 Mercury astronauts. Before he could go on a flight, he was diagnosed with some kind of heart murmur (or something similar) and was not permitted to go into space. He remained with NASA for years, but on the ground. They still include him among the first seven astronauts.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3186514;
    It's interesting that you can call yourself an astronaut just by having a certain certification, versus having ever actually gone up (besides, he actually got cosmonaut training!)
    It's also interesting that "professional" astronaut can be applied to somone who PAID to be an astronaut as opposed to one who WAS paid to be one. It doesn't matter, but it is meaningless hype, imo.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Whether or not he paid, he did actually go through the training required to be an astronaut. He is certified by both NASA and the Russian Space Program. Technically, that makes him an astronaut whether or not he has actually gone on a mission.

I dub this ABC promo photo "Lacey and Lacier"!

Come on. It's worth at least a chuckle.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Who is John Galt?

Oh - you are bad! (But, so true).

Ugh...poor Lance. I can't stand Lacey...He would have been good with Julianne, I think.
    Forever a Word Nerd

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I don't dislike Lacey, but all I could think was "I wonder if her hair still stinks".

I started out liking Lacey because I loved Heidi so much on her season of So You Think You Can Dance but she started annoying me towards the end... although it wasn't on the hate level by any means. However, I also had to wonder if her hair still stinks! LOL.

I don't remember anything about Bass or the group he was in, never was a fan of that style of music back then or now. I do hope though, that they can incorporate some of the moves that I like about the Schwimmer routines and I am happy for her (or any of the kids from SYTYCD) that can take that exposure and parlay it into something else.

That promo pick had me laughing for a while. It's so "Lacey" I guess you could say
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

I've always been a big Lance fan and while I hope he does well, dancing has never been his strong point. He joined the group based on his voice and REALLY struggled with dancing. In interviews even before they were huge, he's admitted what a horrible dancer he is and how he lacked rhythm. They had to teach him even the basics of dancing and, when learning choreography, he needed a lot of extra attention and practice just to pull it off. I believe he said it got easier to pick up as the years went on but even in concert videos of their "later" years you could see that he was no where near as talented or natural as the other were. There was still a visible discomfort there at times. As I said, I hope he does well. However, I would not be surprised at all if he does not make it near the finals, either. I think it depends on how easily the other stars take to the choreography and how strong a teacher/leader Lacey is.

+ Reply to Thread