+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Lance Bass - Season 7

Re: Lance Bass - Season 7

I'm not a fan of Lacey's. Had not seen her before this show. She seems too much the rebel and, perhaps, if she were a classically trained ballroom dancer, I might be more accepting of her. But, for me, she is not on the same level as the other pros and she just doesn't have the long lines and elegance that I normally associate with the dancers on this show. She just doesn't come across that graceful to me. However, I did enjoy the first dance that she and Lance did on Monday. I think she should stick to that type of dancing on this show. Just my opinion.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nativenewyorker;3233595;
    I hope they bring their "A" game next week. When they are on, they give this competition a badly needed boost of life and vitality.
    Ditto
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

If you had told me at the beginning of the season that I'd end up liking Lance the best? I would have never believed it. But as each week went on, he went up more and more in my mind till now I am looking forward to seeing what he will do next. He is the most improved and I know it's a very unpopular opinion on this forum but I like Lacey. I think she brings something special to the show and I want her back next season. It's been tossed around that she doesn't have the "experience" to be on this show, I don't agree. Even if she doesn't? She choreographs the most amazing routines and that to me says that even if she doesn't have the "experience" at least she has the know-how and ability. Yes, she was confused in the beginning and didn't get it that the show was about the star and not her. However, she isn't the only "pro" who has had this issue. Heck, some of them still have it! Maks (drool), Karina.... both focus more on themselves rather than the star. Lacey has quickly figured out what she was doing wrong and now is focusing more on Lance. She's young and I gave her the benefit of the doubt mostly because I like Heidi (her cousin who was on SYTYCD) so much... and I'm glad I did. I am now a fan of hers and what she does.

Was very happy to see how well she and Lance did last night. The mambo was fresh and exciting and once again what she put together left me wanting more. I can't say enough good things about their last routine. It was just amazing and exciting and made me smile through the whole thing.

FORT Fogey

I like Lance and Lacy. She is obviously the greenist of the professionals but from where I sit, it looks pretty good. It is interesting to see a chubby dancer too.

I want either Warren or Lance (in that order) to win. Lance's dances last night were great!

Wonder if his former? boy band is taking note, since isn't he the one who was said to be the worst dancer. Maybe the trip into space sparked something?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't think Lacey is inexperienced, but I haven't liked her style and her attitude, and that's what's turned me off. Some pros on here are better suited for certain styles of dance as it is. Not always a bad thing to change things up, but I don't want things to change drastically, and I'd rather see it stick to traditional ballroom dance styles. How the pros work with those routines are what make it interesting and make or break them. In the beginning of this series, a lot of pros had egos and attitude but over the course of the show have toned it down and now it's more a running joke about them being arrogant or having that reputation (Maks for one). Louis was probably the biggest egomaniac season 1 but a completely different person season 2. If Lacey returns next season, I will be curious to see how her attitude has changed. I hope they give her someone that's completely different from Lance. Older, and not the best dancer, because I'd be curious to see how she handles that. Lance losing his show but still going reminded me of when Kelly Monaco almost lost her top during one of her dances during the first season. I give him credit there, but being a performer and dancing on stage in front of millions I'm sure it's not the first time something went wrong during a show and he kept going. Not always easy to do.

With this show I've typically gotten an outcome I could live with (only time I wasn't really happy was last season, and still wish for Mel/Maks winning over Helio/Julianne). I don't mind Lance, but the only reason I don't want him winning is because that means she wins. One reason I've typically rooted against Karina's partners.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-18-2008 at 12:39 PM.

I don't really care which pro wins or loses, to me, the show is about the "stars". But I do miss my favorite pros when they are voted out. Although I obviously like some pros over others, it's about the novices (to me). Of course, the pros' teaching and the chemistry betweeen the partners matters, and there is the fan base factor, as well.

Here's hoping that Warren or Lance wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3236365;
    If you had told me at the beginning of the season that I'd end up liking Lance the best? I would have never believed it. But as each week went on, he went up more and more in my mind till now I am looking forward to seeing what he will do next. He is the most improved and I know it's a very unpopular opinion on this forum but I like Lacey. I think she brings something special to the show and I want her back next season. It's been tossed around that she doesn't have the "experience" to be on this show, I don't agree. Even if she doesn't? She choreographs the most amazing routines and that to me says that even if she doesn't have the "experience" at least she has the know-how and ability. Yes, she was confused in the beginning and didn't get it that the show was about the star and not her. However, she isn't the only "pro" who has had this issue. Heck, some of them still have it! Maks (drool), Karina.... both focus more on themselves rather than the star. Lacey has quickly figured out what she was doing wrong and now is focusing more on Lance. She's young and I gave her the benefit of the doubt mostly because I like Heidi (her cousin who was on SYTYCD) so much... and I'm glad I did. I am now a fan of hers and what she does.

Was very happy to see how well she and Lance did last night. The mambo was fresh and exciting and once again what she put together left me wanting more. I can't say enough good things about their last routine. It was just amazing and exciting and made me smile through the whole thing.
    I agree with you wholeheartedly. This team has been my favorite from week one... love the life that Lacey has brought to this show (as long as I ignored her earlier interviews) and I love her choreography. I'm not a huge fan of most of Brooke's dances, and I'd much rather watch L&L than most of Warren's dances the last 3-4 weeks.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3236475;
    I don't really care which pro wins or loses, to me, the show is about the "stars". But I do miss my favorite pros when they are voted out. Although I obviously like some pros over others, it's about the novices (to me). Of course, the pros' teaching and the chemistry betweeen the partners matters, and there is the fan base factor, as well.

Here's hoping that Warren or Lance wins.
    That's why Warren's getting my votes Something about Lance bugs me as well, and I don't think he's the best. At most I think he's had 3 good performances (last nights and his jive). And don't get me wrong, because I usually vote for the star over the pro. But it can be hard for me to overlook a pro's attitude as well.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-18-2008 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3236488;
    That's why Warren's getting my votes Something about Lance bugs me as well, and I don't think he's the best. At most I think he's had 3 good performances (last nights and his jive). And don't get me wrong, because I usually vote for the star over the pro. But it can be hard for me to overlook a pro's attitude as well.
    I don't vote, so the pressure is off. It's just entertainment, to me. ABC would think I'm a bad viewer.

+ Reply to Thread