+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Lance Bass - Season 7

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Lance Bass - Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3231285;
    I was totally put off by Louis and Max when DWTS first started but when they came back 2nd season, I fell in love with both of them and have been big supporters of both since then.

I watched Lacey when she was on SYTYCD and liked her (she wasn't my fave but I did like that she made top 4) and I have to say the way she is on DWTS is how she was on SYTYCD. Understandably, that show caters more to the younger crowd so there didn't seem to be such a glaring difference as there may be on DWTS. She seemed to have the same issues with watchers of SYTYCD who didn't like the mugging AND the fact that her brother had won the show previously. I think she is one of those people who you like or you don't like..there's not really a middle ground. I happen to be on the side of liking her.

BTW...I am also one of those that is THRILLED that her and Benji will be dancing together!!! Benji also had the mugging for the camera issue so I would say that family is either a like 'em or don't like 'em type!
    I just hope her and her brother aren't going to replace the brother/sister duo of Derek/Julianne for next season. I guess you can put me the don't like 'em category I've heard this show typically doesn't win the younger audience but I don't want to see it turn into SYTYCD or America's Best Dance Crew (which I have watched and enjoyed). I watch DWTS for the show it started out being. Before all the gimmicks, all the stunt casting, the drama, the judges going off their rockers, the intense bias towards certain contestants. I don't think it needs to change (minus some things) and I worry it could alienate the audience if they keep going this way, or they may not keep the younger viewers who are tuning in for hip hop numbers. I didn't care much for Maks his first season, either, but obviously now he's one of my favorites. His arrogance comes off more now as frustration or part of his image on the show.

FORT Regular

I doubt Benji and Lacey would replace Julianne and Derek. The Houghs are better dances but also they are better looking. It is t.v. and tv people are superficial there. That is probably why Louis is not back this season. He is not as hot as the other male pros. Benji and Lacey would be more changes that the show does not need. No more crazy judges, focus on the injuries and drama.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by pinkberry30;3231379;
    I doubt Benji and Lacey would replace Julianne and Derek. The Houghs are better dances but also they are better looking. It is t.v. and tv people are superficial there. That is probably why Louis is not back this season. He is not as hot as the other male pros. Benji and Lacey would be more changes that the show does not need. No more crazy judges, focus on the injuries and drama.
    I would disagree with you there While I think Tony is nice and has gorgeous teeth, I'd take Louis over Tony! Its really all a matter of opinion and taste anyway. There are plenty of people who don't find Max hot and I think he's smokin' hot!

Plus its been said before that because Louis is shorter than most of the other pro dancers, he's sometimes not the right height for some of the female celebrities.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3231285;
    I happen to be on the side of liking her.

BTW...I am also one of those that is THRILLED that her and Benji will be dancing together!!! Benji also had the mugging for the camera issue so I would say that family is either a like 'em or don't like 'em type!
    I like Lacey too. Unlike a lot of the posters here, I think she's a very good dancer - she's just not "typical" ballroom.

I DO NOT like Benjie. They should keep him as far from DWTS as they can!

Who is John Galt?

I thought the Lance/Lacey rhumba was terrific and I liked it done barefoot. Lance has a good sense of musicality and he moves well. IMO if the judging were based strictly on dance ability, he should come in second to Brooke. However, the judges do not particularly like Lacy's style of choreography and that hurts Lance's scores. Too bad, because he is really good.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3231389;
    I would disagree with you there While I think Tony is nice and has gorgeous teeth, I'd take Louis over Tony! Its really all a matter of opinion and taste anyway. There are plenty of people who don't find Max hot and I think he's smokin' hot!

Plus its been said before that because Louis is shorter than most of the other pro dancers, he's sometimes not the right height for some of the female celebrities.
    My main eye candy is Alec and Maks How I hope they return next season. I think one thing that might have hurt Alec is the fact he's not as familiar of a pro as some of the rest who've been on for seasons at a time. But Tony isn't bad to look at, either, and I adore Louis. I certainly hope we get the return of him next season. I hear he's always wanting to return, but I don't know if it's finding the right size partner for him (come on, there have to be some shorties in Hollywood that they can get on) or that they want the younger looking athletic male pros. Of course now they have Corky to replace the old guy slot, but he's one pro I hope we've seen the last of.

And Maks needs to grow his hair back out. Not digging the buzz cut. I love how Tom always has those remarks for him; he never seems to have the little digs at the other pros
    Last edited by karalott; 11-12-2008 at 04:07 AM.

I like Alec, Maks and Tony. I do think that Maks definitely needs to grow his hair out. Even he can't carry off the buzz cut look.

For some reason, I have never been a huge fan of Louis. I think he's great, of course, but he never connected with me. I don't think it's his height, although I myself am tall. I just think he is not all that as far as looks. He's a fantastic dancer.

I have to say again that I LOVED Lance and Lacey's rumba. That was a risk that paid off for me. I think Len was ridiculous to focus so much on the fact that they were barefoot. It's not like they murdered anyone. They just did it a little differently. I think creative choreography should be encouraged from all the pro dancers. I also think it had more to do with Len's innate dislike for both of them.

Who is John Galt?

Glad Lance is still in it. I also loved their Rhumba and thought they were underscored. I doubt Lance will win though. As far as the eye candy - Louie should have been in it this year. There were two ladies that would have been well suited for him as both were very small - Susan Lucci and Tony Braxton. Altho Louie is not as sexy as Maks, nor as pretty as Alec, nor as handsome as Tony, I personally think he is a better dancer than any of them and I love to watch him dance. Hope he'll be back next season.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I LOVE Lance & Lacey - and I think Lacey's choreography is HOT. LOVED the barefoot rhumba.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I am thinking that Lance and Lacey missed an opportunity with their samba. I think they could have had momentum going into the semifinals if they could have come back and rocked that dance. I guess that is what frustrates me about Lacey - sometimes I love her choreography and sometimes I don't. The music was not great and the moves seemed kind of forced. The samba is all about rhythmic movement and sensuality and shaking it. It's a joyous dance and I didn't get that.

I hope they bring their "A" game next week. When they are on, they give this competition a badly needed boost of life and vitality.

+ Reply to Thread