+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: DwtS Season 7 Rumors and Speculation

Re: DwtS Season 7 Rumors and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;3133597;
    I see Tony with Kym and I think he's a great choice.

Monica L That would be too polarizing.
    I don't like the pairing of Tony with Kym, because I'd like to see Kym get a contender for once. How many Jerry Springers and Penn Jilettes can one girl handle? She truly is a good sport and deserves a crack at the title. I can see Tony looking good with Karina.

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;3083020;
    This season's Bachelorette, DeAnna Pappas, has expressed interest in being on DWTS. Since it's another ABC show, it's always a possibility. But, my gosh -- this would be her THIRD reality show. Now, the real estate market in Atlanta is slow and she may need another job ...
    Good Lord, haven't we had ENOUGH of that woman!?!?!

Can you say famewh*re?

I agree with you Dad, Kym needs a contender. However.... I think Tony could be one. First he is a trained dancer and boxer (light on his feet?!), second, you don't have to be young ( think John season 1). The only way he isn't a contender is if the show is stacked with 20/30 somethings with dance/musical training ie, K. P. ( see above post). He's not a Jerry Springer, I'd put him in the "aging athlete" category with the added advantage of actor.

Ps I love Kym and she did get to the finals with Joey Fatone, so she and Edyta are in the same category... runner's up. Hopefully one of them wins the whole thing soon!
    Tahoe bound....

Has anyone heard anything new about Jodie Sweetin? I know she has expressed some strong interest to participate in the show. I'm seriously crossing my fingers that she gets chosen because I love Full House.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;3134004;
    I agree with you Dad, Kym needs a contender. However.... I think Tony could be one. First he is a trained dancer and boxer (light on his feet?!), second, you don't have to be young ( think John season 1). The only way he isn't a contender is if the show is stacked with 20/30 somethings with dance/musical training ie, K. P. ( see above post). He's not a Jerry Springer, I'd put him in the "aging athlete" category with the added advantage of actor.

Ps I love Kym and she did get to the finals with Joey Fatone, so she and Edyta are in the same category... runner's up. Hopefully one of them wins the whole thing soon!
    Maybe you're right, but I have my doubts. Tony is in his mid to late 50s. (I know how that feels). Is he in good enough shape to "go the distance"? I know that I would have trouble and I try to stay in good shape.

BTW - I don't thing that John O'Hurley would be competitive with the stars they are getting on the show now. When I looked at footage of his past performances last year I figured he'd go somewhere in the mid-season range nowadays. He looked OK in the ballroom parts, but woudn't be competitive in latin.

Julianne is going to be back this season. She's under a contract.

FORT Newbie

misty may-treanor has expressed interest on her avp(pro-beach volleyball) bio.
    she's the olympic gold medalist in 2004 for women's beach volleyball. i know it's highly impossible for her to do season 7 because the olympics is in august and she wouldn't have much time to train for the show. so i'm hoping she will do or is considered for season 8(i know, this forum is for season 7..but its just a thought)

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I would love to see Tony Danza I wouldn't care if he did have a dance background or not, but pair him with Edyta and maybe she can finally win. I do hope they get some better contenders. Watching the Penns, Billy Rays, and Marissas can be entertaining to a point but I feel for their partners at the same time, and seeing them advance week after week over some of the better dancers gets a little grating. And can they get some people that at least qualify as stars and weren't some tabloid frenzy embarrassment? A big no to Monica, and I never watched The Bachelor/ette with DeAnna but a big no to her as well. Kellie Pickler wouldn't be my first choice from Idol but she's better than some other possibilities. And I'm also in the camp about not pairing Lance Bass with a male just because of his sexual orientation. I'm not homophobic either, but that's about the worst publicity stunt this show could pull. Enough people think this show is cheesy, but that'd probably be the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;3134360;
    Maybe you're right, but I have my doubts. Tony is in his mid to late 50s. (I know how that feels). Is he in good enough shape to "go the distance"? I know that I would have trouble and I try to stay in good shape.

BTW - I don't thing that John O'Hurley would be competitive with the stars they are getting on the show now. When I looked at footage of his past performances last year I figured he'd go somewhere in the mid-season range nowadays. He looked OK in the ballroom parts, but woudn't be competitive in latin.
    Definitely agree than John would not win with the more recent crop of stars! It has become a much different type of show since the first season.
    Tahoe bound....

FORT Regular

Last edited by Marleybone; 07-22-2008 at 01:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread