+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: 5/20 Finale Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Fan

Re: 5/20 Finale Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by alyourpal;3012354;
    I am suprised Edyta is not crying...she has seemed really invested this season..

Did anyone notice that Jason didn't thank her personally in his
    final speech??? I felt really bad for her. I know it was an over
    sight, no way you can think of everyone at such a time, I guess.
    And I know he has complimented her enormously before last nite,
    but I really wanted him to say glowing things about her. I think
    she is a fantastic dancer, and she made one FANTASTIC dancer
    out of him, too.

We need another thread to discuss potential competitors for next year. Do we need a mod to create one? I am rather new here and don't know all the protocols.

As far as next season goes, I think it would be unwise to suggest figure skaters at this point so I'll hold back on my skater suggestions which would have been: John Zimmerman, Shae Lynn Bourne, Robin Cousins, & Tanith Belbin.

For real, how about these names from the world of sports: Wayne Gretzky, David Beckham, Danika Patrick, Greg Louganis. And from Las Vegas: David Copperfield. from Broadway (putting this season's experience behind us): Lea Salonga, Brian Stokes Mitchel, Twiggy. From TV: Noah Wyle, Cheryl Ladd, Tom Welling. From Hollywood: Shia LeBouf.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;3014341;
    We need another thread to discuss potential competitors for next year. Do we need a mod to create one? I am rather new here and don't know all the protocols.
    Anybody is more than welcome to start a thread about who you'd like to see compete next season.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I love that TMZ read my mnd and asked Bruno if the outcome was fixed this year to have Krisi win. I agree with them.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3016722;
    I love that TMZ read my mnd and asked Bruno if the outcome was fixed this year to have Krisi win. I agree with them.

I read the article and it (along with most of the comments) was pretty rude. Was the show fixed - I say no. Was Kristi an early favorite to win - of course she was. Those are two compeletly different things. Marissa was also an early favorite based on the fact that she won a Broadway Tony Award for portraying a dancer on the Broadway stage.

Face it. Each season the show brings a diverse set of celebs together. Some are better prepared by their backgrounds than others. Would I like to see a show where there is a higher level of skill among all the competitors? I absolutely would. Would I watch a show with nothing but a bunch of duffers? Nope.

Kristi's greatest strength was not her "dance background". She did, however, have three very important factors going for her:
    1) Body control - there is perhaps no sport that requires more total body control than figure skating. She had developed that control from years of training.
    2) Discipline - To win an Olympic gold medal in skating requires years of training for many hours each day. This requires a discipline that many of the other competitors never even thought of.
    3) Performance Focus - Skaters need to bring absolute focus to the sum of everything they have worked on and perfrom it in a 4 minute routine. This is a similar skill to what is needed on this show.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;3016773;
    I read the article and it (along with most of the comments) was pretty rude. Was the show fixed - I say no. Was Kristi an early favorite to win - of course she was. Those are two compeletly different things. Marissa was also an early favorite based on the fact that she won a Broadway Tony Award for portraying a dancer on the Broadway stage.

Face it. Each season the show brings a diverse set of celebs together. Some are better prepared by their backgrounds than others. Would I like to see a show where there is a higher level of skill among all the competitors? I absolutely would. Would I watch a show with nothing but a bunch of duffers? Nope.

Kristi's greatest strength was not her "dance background". She did, however, have three very important factors going for her:
    1) Body control - there is perhaps no sport that requires more total body control than figure skating. She had developed that control from years of training.
    2) Discipline - To win an Olympic gold medal in skating requires years of training for many hours each day. This requires a discipline that many of the other competitors never even thought of.
    3) Performance Focus - Skaters need to bring absolute focus to the sum of everything they have worked on and perfrom it in a 4 minute routine. This is a similar skill to what is needed on this show.
    Itís not like she is the first Olympic "skater" to win Ohno did it 2 years back; does that mean it was fixed then as well?? Where as I do think they both had advantages... as mentioned in your post. I donít think it was "Fixed" at all... the fans still vote. We do have some say.

We have seen some great dancers, dancers that became great or at least good dancers... and we have seen some realllllly bad dancers. Itís just the luck of the draw as to who we get each season AND how they come across beyond their dancing. Take Marissa, I would have voted more for her had she not come across with such an annoying personality... she really did improve as the season went on. I caouldn't agree more with your earlier comments on how she changed as the show went on. On the same token, so did others (Jason) and she was still behind the curve. Kristi just had it to begin with and kept bringing it harder each week. She was the one to beat, and yes it was shown early on. I think saying it was fixed is some sour grapes fall out.
    Last edited by FireWoman; 05-22-2008 at 05:17 PM.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3016868;
    Itís not like she is the first Olympic "skater" to win Ohno did it 2 years back; does that mean it was fixed then as well?? Where as I do think they both had advantages... as mentioned in your post. I donít think it was "Fixed" at all... the fans still vote. We do have some say.

We have seen some great dancers, dancers that became great or at least good dancers... and we have seen some realllllly bad dancers. Itís just the luck of the draw as to who we get each season AND how they come across beyond their dancing. Take Marissa, I would have voted more for her had she not come across with such an annoying personality... she really did improve as the season went on. I caouldn't agree more with your earlier comments on how she changed as the show went on. On the same token, so did others (Jason) and she was still behind the curve. Kristi just had it to begin with and kept bringing it harder each week. She was the one to beat, and yes it was shown early on. I think saying it was fixed is some sour grapes fall out.
    Ditto to all of it.

It is no more fixed than AI. I think the judges tried really hard not to just give up and give her perfect scores for every dance. Especially when comparing what the others did to what she did. There were times Carrie Ann scored Kristi and Marissa the same (which I felt was ridiculous).

I agree with Dancing Dad in that I prefer to have at least one really good couple rather than having a group of stumbling, lumbering but lovable partners. I watch for the dancing too! Some are great personalities (Jerry Springer, George Hamilton) and some are just exciting to watch (Kristi). A mix of personalities and good dancers is the best possible outcome. No way this is fixed, some of us really appreciated her skills and voted that way, others voted for personalities. In the end the best dancer was also the fan favorite.
    Tahoe bound....

I happen to think that AI IS fixed, personally. Which is why I don't watch it anymore. (I refuse to believe that there were actually that many people that voted for David Archuletta past the 1st week. The annoying brat can't sing worth crap! That goes for that total freak Amanda too!) Although I haven't watched previous seasons of DWTS, it seems to me that it is a possibility that Christy winning was fixed. I have to believe that there are more people that feel like I do that this competition is about improving week to week than there are those who vote for the "best dancer". I think that Christy didn't dance any different on the 1st episode than she did on the last. It was all very, technical, dry and boring and totally NOT entertaining in any way, shape or form because the woman has ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONALITY! She added some facial expressions but they were fake and technical and boring as well.

ETA: As far as the TMZ article goes, I haven't read it. But you should pretty much know going into reading or watching anything of theirs that it's going to be rude whether they're correct or not. So their rudeness is not a measure of whether or not I agree with them or believe them. I tend to think there's more truth to their stories than not.
    Last edited by stacerace; 05-23-2008 at 02:42 AM.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

+ Reply to Thread