+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 5/20 Finale Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: 5/20 Finale Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Good night Mary Ellen.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

I wanted Jason to win, but I'm happy with Kristi too. She really was the better dancer. I'm just a huge football fan, so of course Jason was my favorite.

Good Night Gramma, Good night Grampa
    Tahoe bound....

Well, I guess I'll see you guys next season. Some of you I will be seeing in The Bachelorette threads.

FORT Fogey

Hopefully now Yamahoochie will go back into obscurity, while we can continue to watch Jason on the football field.

Jason and Edyta were fantastic tonight.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3012383;
    Hopefully now Yamahoochie will go back into obscurity, while we can continue to watch Jason on the football field.
    Bitter much?

Jason showed so much class and I loved how he and Cristian lifted Kristi onto their shoulders after she won. It'll be fun to see who they get to compete next season.

I was wondering if Sabrina will yell at Mark when he gets home...he said Kristi was his best partner.

And TVDude, women contestants do have it harder than men to a large extent...they have to do what the men do, but in heels and backwards! Also, they have to deal with jealous female voters.

FORT Fogey

I am not bitter at all, just disappointed that the best dancer of the two finalists did not win. I was really hoping that Edyta would finally earn her trophy to match Alec's from Season One.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3012428;
    I am not bitter at all, just disappointed that the best dancer of the two finalists did not win. I was really hoping that Edyta would finally earn her trophy to match Alec's from Season One.
    Are you talking about the pros or "stars?" Did you think Edyta was the best dancer or Jason?

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3012401;
    And TVDude, women contestants do have it harder than men to a large extent...they have to do what the men do, but in heels and backwards! Also, they have to deal with jealous female voters.
    I'm not going to disagree that women have it harder abit than men do. BUT that is the nature of ballroom dancing. Women are the focal point and men are the support. Didn't someone say that women are the flower and the men are the stem or something along those lines? Women have the flashiest costumes and moves and its up to the male partner to show them off.

Even in pro competitions that I sometimes watch, the male is still in the background supporting the female, even though their abilities may be the same. So while the woman has to do abit more in dances than men do, I don't think that means that men are doing that much less and can just coast all the way through a dance.

As for dancing in heels and backwards etc., I don't think that's so difficult once you get the hang of it. Like driving a stick shift the first few times, its tough as hell, but after a while you get use to it. The same with dancing in heels, especially since women usually have been wearing them since they were little and so are use to wearing them, so dancing in heels isn't so much more difficult.

And with regards to jealous females, I think that might happen, but I think more likely those females just like hot guys and hence vote for them and keep them around and push them on to victory over any female contestants. I'm pretty sure if there was a way to measure gender breakdown in the voting, you could see that most of the people who voted for Apolo and Helio were women. Not because they didn't like Laila or Mel, but because they were hot for those guys. The same probably holds true for Jason making it so far.

So face it, women are as shallow as men And this being mostly a chick show, its more likely that it'll be harder for women to win. If DWTS was a mostly male show, I think people might be wondering why men aren't winning more.

PS: I'm glad I was right and my nuts remain intact.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3012383;
    Hopefully now Yamahoochie will go back into obscurity . . .
    And sour grapes can now be peddled elsewhere!

CONGRATULATIONS KRISTI AND MARK!!!!!!!!!!!

And THREE CHEERS for Jason and Edyta for doing so well!!!!!!!!!!!

And to C&C for fighting through trouble to get to the finals!
    Last edited by ness; 05-21-2008 at 01:47 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread