+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: 5/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3010150;
    The judges rigged the scoring to nearly guarantee a Kristi victory. If Kristi doesn't finish dead last in voter votes, she wins. If they don't have the guys tie, then Kristi has to at least beat whoever finished 2nd. Now she doesn't. 2nd place in voter votes gives her the shiny ball.
    This is how I see it also. Looks rigged to me.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3010150;
    The judges rigged the scoring to nearly guarantee a Kristi victory. If Kristi doesn't finish dead last in voter votes, she wins. If they don't have the guys tie, then Kristi has to at least beat whoever finished 2nd. Now she doesn't. 2nd place in voter votes gives her the shiny ball.
    Is that how the scoring works? I thought it was just based on percentages? For example, Kristi got a 60 last night, Christian got a 52 and Jason got 51. Even though it looks like she crushed the guys, her score was really only about 15% higher than theirs. So tonight if Christian gets 45% of the votes and Kristi got 35% and Jason 20%, even though Kristi is second in votes, Christian would still win right? Since he would get about 30% more votes as Kristi which is a greater margin than her judges score margin (15% higher).

I sincerely doubt that it was rigged. Let's face it, for once, the judges got it right. Kristi is far and above the VERY best dancer, male or female, in all the seasons. I think, if anything, (besides last night) that the judges have been particularly hard on Kristi. Especially Len.
    No - it's time for a woman to win again and Kristi is just the one to do it!

Go Kristi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrRealityShow;3010462;
    Is that how the scoring works? I thought it was just based on percentages? For example, Kristi got a 60 last night, Christian got a 52 and Jason got 51. Even though it looks like she crushed the guys, her score was really only about 15% higher than theirs. So tonight if Christian gets 45% of the votes and Kristi got 35% and Jason 20%, even though Kristi is second in votes, Christian would still win right? Since he would get about 30% more votes as Kristi which is a greater margin than her judges score margin (15% higher).
    Yes it isn't that big of an advantage for Kristi. This isn't rigged, actually, they have underscored many times, just to keep it interesting. Based on just last night Kristi has 37% compared to 31 for Jason and 32 for Cristian. So it is only a 5 % point difference. It could be even lower depending on how the scores go on their last dance. Even if Kristi scores a perfect 30 again, if Jason and Cristian's scores go up then the difference between first and last will shrink.
    Tahoe bound....

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3010366;
    This is how I see it also. Looks rigged to me.
    Do you also consider the Olympics to be rigged? I hear they usually give the highest score to the best competitor.

I know everyone has his or her own personal favorites, but really -- Kristi is the best dancer in this competition by a country mile. I'm in favor of male eye candy as much as the next woman but Kristi deserves to win this one hands down!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;3010488;
    Yes it isn't that big of an advantage for Kristi. This isn't rigged, actually, they have underscored many times, just to keep it interesting. Based on just last night Kristi has 37% compared to 31 for Jason and 32 for Cristian. So it is only a 5 % point difference. It could be even lower depending on how the scores go on their last dance. Even if Kristi scores a perfect 30 again, if Jason and Cristian's scores go up then the difference between first and last will shrink.
    Seriously, the judges have been unfairly judging Kristi since week 3 just to make the competition more interesting. But this is the finale and Kristi is just hands down the best dancer of the group. Based on the scores last night, she only scored 15% higher than the guys, but come on, she's easily twice as talented as the guys. If the judges were really being fair, she should've gotten all 10's and the guys should've gotten all 5's.

Now concerning tonight, either of the guys can easily win. They just need score over 15% higher votes than Kristi. If one of them scores 55% of the votes, even if Kristi gets the remaining 45% and the other guy get 0%, he would still win. But in a real situation where the votes will be distributed among the 3 of them, it's not hard for one of the guys to win.

I finally got a chance to sit down and write my comments on last night's show. I thought all three performers danced up to their capabilities last night. I am so happy that these three made the finals - in spite of the road taken to get there. They have been the top competitors in the last part of the season and all deserve a shot at the cheesy trophy. There were no obvious flubs in either song selection, costumes, or choreography that would favor one competitor over the other, so it all came down to the dancing - which is as it should be. I kind of wish that the dance selected for the group dance off had been one where all three competitors excelled, as opposed to the Cha Cha where Jason was at a distinct disadvantage.

Kristi & Mark - Kristi really brought her "A" game tonight. She came in with a 'take no prisoners" attitude. This was particularly evident in the Cha Cha. While the kiss for Bruno was over the top, it showed just how much Kristi has come out of her shell to entertain the crowd, and that is what this show is all about. This is the area that Kristi has had to grow the most this season, not the technical dance skills. She has definitely progressed a lot in her showmanship. She is more comfortable, and it showed. She really blew the doors off the Cha Cha. There was really no contest in this dance. I did notice some slight misteps in the freestyle, but they were no worse than the misteps of the other competitors, and her difficulty was phenomenal. Her presentation skills were also there for this dance last night.

Jason & Edyta - Jason was clearly not as comfortable as the other competitors with the Cha Cha. His dance was competent, but not a wow factor. Jason and Edyta were better in the freestyle. The costume removal antics were a little over the top, and obviously designed to distract from the dancing skills, but they were fun to watch. Jason's lifts were spectacular, and it looked like Edyta was having a great time with someone who could perform in that way. It may have been a little too enthusiastic as I would have liked to see more dance steps in the final. Overall I liked what they did, and in another season (without a clearly superior dancer like Kristi) they could have taken it all. I don't see it happening tonight.

Cristian & Cheryl - Good Cha Cha. Cristian has improved so much this season. he now looks like a dancer out there. He looks more comfortable now, in spite of his injury, than he has all season. His posture and dance expression have really come a long way. I give him a lot of credit, but a tremendous amount of credit also goes to Cheryl. His Cha Cha was good and he deserved second place marks for it. I am really sorry Cristian was injured and that he wasn't physically able to compete with the other performers in the freestyle. C&C did a good job with what they had to work with, but the physical limitations really showed.

Fun moments - I laughed at Bruno's expression after Kristi kissed him. he was really taken by surprise. I liked the lift at the end of the Cha Cha where Kristi was hoisted by both of the boys. It showed great comaradarie among the competitors and looked great besides. I also liked Cristian and Jason's backstage expressions after Kristi's freestyle. It looked like they had just been terminated. I thought all the finalists looked more relaxed than I remember from past show and like they were really enjoying themselves. It's great to see and made the show among the best this series has produced.

Samantha Comments - I know that Samantha had to keep the backstage interveiws short because of the one hour time slot this week, but she was really obnoxious in the way she just kept cutting the competitors off. Samantha - if you don't want to hear the answer to a question, don't ask it.

Conclusions - Kristi really should win this thing. She is by far the best dancer out there and has progressed a huge didtance as a performer in this venue. I already have very little respect for the way the public voting is conducted on this show, and if she doesn't win I think I will give up on ever trusting reality show voting again. Jason and Cristian are great guys who have also grown a lot this season. I hope it gives both of their careers a big boost. They are both high class individuals - they just ran into a Yamaguchi steamroller this season.

I put most of my votes to Kristi and a couple to Jason because I think bikinis and legwarmers in a freestyle is brilliant! If Jason had pulled Edyta's bottom off too during the dance, I think I would have threw all my votes to them.

Seriously though I'm not even all that worried that Kristi won't win. In fact I'm 99.9% sure she'll win it and would bet my left nut on it. If for some impossible, unbelievable reason she loses, then the blame will squarely be all on you women out there and you can never, ever gripe again about women not being able to win.

Kristi is pretty far above either of the guys in scoring and deservedly so and if she still loses, then it will be because too many women out there were too busy for Jason/Cristian's bare chests to remember to vote for Kristi.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TVDude;3010791;
    Seriously though I'm not even all that worried that Kristi won't win. In fact I'm 99.9% sure she'll win it and would bet my left nut on it. If for some impossible, unbelievable reason she loses, then the blame will squarely be all on you women out there and you can never, ever gripe again about women not being able to win.
    FYI, I'd hate for you to lose any nut! I don't think these call-in shows are ever about who is the best, but rather who the viewers WANT to win--and that often has little to do with talent. People just like certain contestants better than others. I will say that there are quite a few women on this board (or posters pretending to be women--who really knows? This is the internet! ) who seem to have it in for Kristi and simply dislike her for existing. I'm guessing this is because Kristi is more talented, prettier, thinner, in better shape, and most likely a nicer person than your average 36-year-old woman... I would never vote for a woman just because I am one, whether it's a reality show like this or the presidency... I hope Kristi has enough fans to win this thing...'cause she certainly deserves it based on talent and skill--not on gender. If we were voting for the funniest, I'd vote for Cristian. For the suavest, Jason would get the votes.

I stand corrected - they have changed the format since I looked last. The percentage thing mentioned above is right, so if one guy gets 40% of the vote and Kristi gets 32, the guy wins. My bad.

+ Reply to Thread