+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 5/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;2995623;
    A couple more things:

We should have an award for the most outrageously dumb remark made by Samantha on each week's show. That way we can at least have a little fun with her. For this week I nominate her "bromance" segment with Jason and Cristian. Why can't she just call it a friendship and leave it at that?

The kids - please ABC, keep this segment of the show. I loved watching the kids perform. They were not self concious, they were not stuck up, and they looked like they were having a great time out there. I'm not sure how to fairly judge kids that are so widely seperated in age. They each deserve to win in their own age group. I was very impressed with last Paso Doble done to "Phantom of the Opera". Those two were great!
    Totally agree Dad! I just went back and watched that Paso again. WOW... they were so good! love these kids.
    Tahoe bound....

[mod edit]

If anyone did any railroading, it was Marissa, with all her Xena fans and she also showed her "class" by bragging about voting frantically for herself. How pathetic.

I refuse to soften comments about Marissa with all the "I'm sure she's a nice person" remarks. I don't know and don't care whether she is nice or not. Her conduct was desperate, manipulative, and scheming. Oh - and she was the worst dancer. She should have been gone week 2.

But, she is gone now. Good riddance.

Last edited by lildago; 05-14-2008 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;2995744;
    [mod edit]

If anyone did any railroading, it was Marissa, with all her Xena fans and she also showed her "class" by bragging about voting frantically for herself. How pathetic.

I refuse to soften comments about Marissa with all the "I'm sure she's a nice person" remarks. I don't know and don't care whether she is nice or not. Her conduct was desperate, manipulative, and scheming. Oh - and she was the worst dancer. She should have been gone week 2.

But, she is gone now. Good riddance.

I agree with the railroad comments regarding Marissa's ballot box stuffing fans. I can't see how anyone could consider Kristi as being railroaded into the finals. Kristi just gets out and dances her best. She doesn't self promote. Her fan base is probably large because a lot of people have respect for her talent, dedication, and character. Who exactly is railroading Kristi into the finals?

I don't agree that Marissa was the worst dancer. That title belongs to Penn. Marissa was mediocre. The only reason she survived this long was her rabid fans who have no understanding of sportsmanship. She should have been gone before Marlee, who does have dedication and character.
    Last edited by Mariner; 05-14-2008 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;2995947;
    I don't agree that Marissa was the worst dancer. That title belongs to Penn. Marissa was mediocre. The only reason she survived this long was her rabid fans who have no understanding of sportsmanship. She should have been gone before Marlee, who does have dedication and character.
    Okay, Penn (and Monica) were the worst. Then Marissa would be next. Steve was better, Priscilla and Marlee were much better, and Mario was way better than Marissa. She remained much longer than far better contestants.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2993704;
    I thought Kristi looked like every professional ballroom dancer that I have ever watched doing the tango. They all look cold and detached. That said, I still think she is the best dancer out there.
    As much as I like Kristi and feel that she should win, the more professional she becomes the less I enjoy watching her dance. I love watching DWTS, but never watch professional competitions of ball room, because they are too mechanical for me. Kristi/Mark's tango was too professional looking for me. The speed and sharp jerks were offputting.

I'm happy to see that for possibly the first year most of us are in agreement that we'd be happy with any of the F3 as winners. Previously only Drew and Ohno were OK with me as winners.

FORT Fogey

The finals just will not be the same for me after last night's shocking elimination of Marissa. She was the cutest, peppiest, sweetest one out there. And she is a heck of a dancer too. She was so humble in her closing comments last night. What a sweetheart of a lady.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2996314;
    The finals just will not be the same for me after last night's shocking elimination of Marissa. She was the cutest, peppiest, sweetest one out there. And she is a heck of a dancer too. She was so humble in her closing comments last night. What a sweetheart of a lady.
    I am sorry... I know how much it sucks to have your favorite kicked off of a show. But, her departure was anything but shocking. I think the "shocker" would have been any other outcome.

I'm shocked she stayed so long. She should have been gone weeks ago.

Go Jason!
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Sayin;2996322;
    . . . her departure was anything but shocking. I think the "shocker" would have been any other outcome.

While I'm no Karina fan --- and never have been --- bottom line, she and Mario were robbed, as far as I'm concerned.

I'd finally gotten used to Marissa's personality and accepted her for what she was in that way. Even liked her, for a time, truth be told.

But as far as the dancing goes? No. The shameless, continual pandering for votes? Please. The week she got scores of 8s from the judges on a dance after she'd improved slightly the previous week (and she was overscored then, with the 8s!) and whined about the scoring afterwards while being interviewed? Nah.

I'm still shaking my head at the fact that she made it into the semifinals over Mario.

But justice, it seems, has finally been well and truly served.

Far as I could see, want it though she did, Marissa had not reached a dancing level that would have merited her being voted into the finals, as opposed to the other competitiors still remaining.

Oh, well . . . We all want SOMETHING in life, sometimes.

And the Devil probably wants to play ice hockey in Hell, too.

JMHO.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I'm happy with the final three, but I'm kinda prepared to for the finals to be abit of a letdown. While I've enjoyed this season's dancing, I haven't really loved any of the dances so far. There's no dance this year that has me thinking WOW I have to watch that again ASAP like there was in previous seasons. Also there isn't a couple that I'm really rooting for and have gotten behind this time around, except Adam and Julianne, but only because of Julianne.

I think overall Kristi should win just because she's miles ahead of the competition and I've enjoyed her dances the most. Cristian and Jason are decent, but to me while they're dancing is nice, they're not even on Helio's level in terms of entertainment. So unless Kristi has a meltdown in the finals ala Mel, or Jason/Cristian go much much above and beyond what they've shown so far, Kristi should walk away with the trophy easy. So anyone who's been saying that its time for a woman to win, well here you go, although I don't understand why it has to be time for a woman to win just because a woman hasn't won in a while?

PS: I received Julianne's new CD today and although I'm not a huge country fan, I still enjoyed her songs. Her voice to me is sweet and easy on the ears and her music is something I'd pull out and listen to if I were driving. I wonder why they didn't include 'Will you dance with me' on the CD though? I liked that song and wish they'd have put it on this album. Overall two thumbs up!

Also I read somewhere she might not be back for next season, which would really suck! The show just isn't the same without her for me.

+ Reply to Thread