+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 5/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;2994189;
    REMINDER: Don't forget to watch or tape Jimmy Kimmel tonight. Guierrmo will burn Marissa's dancing shoes. This is one Marissa interview I look forward to.

Darn. I see Jimmy is running a repeat. Oh well, I'll keep an eye open. Maybe he'll have Marissa soon.

FORT Fogey

I am really hoping a woman wins this season so I guess Kristi is it.

She does have such a flat personality, though, that it is really hard to get behind her. Although I can say the same for Jason. Christian has such an engaging personality (for my tastes) that I tend to rally for him, but I really do want a woman to win. Kristi is the only option but she has such a flat personality, it is hard to rally for her.

She'll really have to pull out all the stops to get to the end.

Reg. Sabrina....losing was the best thing that ever happened to her. People will always talk about her sudden departure from the show. She left with a lot of public sympathy too. She'll be on the publicity radar a lot longer as a result of if it all.
    Last edited by lildago; 05-14-2008 at 10:34 AM.

Oh, forgot to mention. The oldest of the junior dance couples was absolutely amazing. They've really upped their game since their first performance. It was almost too much technique, but wow, they were amazing. I don't know how you compare 8 year olds to 13 years old. I guess that is why it was "most entertaining" couple.

I tried to vote for the oldest, their line was busy!? It was fun to see Kym, Maks and Ashley in the video segments. Ashley looks so thin, thinner than she did on the show! Motherhood must keep her running.
    Tahoe bound....

I am bummed that Marissa and Tony left. They were easily my favorite couple this season. I hope Kristi wins, but I am not all that bothered one way or the other anymore.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I loved the absolute joy that Marissa brought to the show. I will miss her enthusiasm!

Quote Originally Posted by dondiego;2994147;
    You'd be surprised how many of us whose ancestors arrived before the English, French, Dutch, German, Irish, Polish etc. still speak Spanish and enjoy his comments.
    And there are those of us who don't speak word one of Spanish (okay, one - cerveza) who also enjoy it. It makes me want to take lessons. In Spanish and in dancing.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Well, I'm happy with the final three contestants. I am still rooting for Kristi, but would not be upset if any of these great competitors won. I had Kristi and Jason pegged from the outset of the show, but would not have figured Cristian for the finals based on his first performances. I had thought Mario would be there. Cristian definitely gets the most improved dancer award in my book.

Kudos to Cheryl, who I have always admired for her creativity and tenacity. I am also very impressed with the way Cristian has overcome his injury - I didn't think it was possible. He will need to be careful in next week's freestyle. It will be a fine line between bringing something competitive to the dance floor and risking injury to either himself or Cheryl.

I'm also happy that Edyta has a shot at the finals. She has certainly paid her dues to get there over the past seasons. I'm very much looking forward to what she and the uber-powerful Jason will come up with in the freestyle competition. Edyta - I know Jason makes a very sturdy pole to donace on, but please don't just choreograph something where he's primarily standing there. Whatever they do, I know it will be fun to watch.

As for Kristi and Mark, I hope Mark has been going to the gym and doing his weight workouts. I know that Kristi used to do some fabulous lifts (she was the US pairs skating champion in 1989 and 1990), but that was a long time ago and she has done singles skating ever since. I wasn't too impressed with their lifts so far this season. They will have to step it up a notch for the finals. I know whatever they come up with will likely be the highest energy number of the three - I'm thinking back to their first Jive.

I'm glad to see Marissa go. I didn't mind her so much at first, but her dancing was just not up to the standard of the other three semi-finalists, or for that matter up to Mario & Karina's level. Her phisique and bubbly personality didn't bother me so much, but her shameless solicitation of ballot stuffing on the part of her fans really left a bad taste in my mouth. I didn't see any of the other competitors encouraging people to flood the lines from multiple e-mail accounts just to keep themselves in. The rest all seemed to have a sense of sportsmanship and fairplay that Marissa was lacking.

I am really looking forward to the finals next week. I want to see great dances from all three finalists. I still think Kristi has the edge because of her superior dance skills. I think she will also have an easier time with the expression in the freestyle round. It just seems suited to her personality.

This is a really hard season for me... I think that all three are deserving of being in the finals. Christian is definitely the most improved this season - due in large part to Cheryl, I think. And Kristi was the obvious winner at the beginning of the competition, but has had problems showing emotion during the dances. But when she does break free and just go with it, it is definitely a thing of beauty. And, my man, Jason... where to begin. He has surprised me with his ability to dance - truly. He is obviously giving it all he has, and has also improved quite a bit over the weeks. I really enjoy his performances - even those that could have been choreographed better, IMO.

No matter who ends up with the trophy - I will be happy for the winner, but sad for the two that didn't win. All three are deserving on their own. It has been a season of great dancing - thanks guys!!

Oh yes - forgot to mention, I am glad that Marissa is gone. I don't dislike her (although her high energy grates on my nerves) but her dancing was just not up to par with the others. She did improve quite a bit over the course of the season, but just not into the league of the finalists.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2993974;
    It is a shame that Kristi has been railroaded through to the finals at the expense of more worthy competitors.

I guess I am on the Jason train now because I really like Edyta.
    It's fine that you don't find Kristi and Mark enjoyable, but to say they were railroaded is quite a statement. While Kristi had difficulty infusing her dances with emotion, her dances were much, much, much more difficult than ANYTHING Marissa attempted and they were technically pretty dang good. Having Marissa in the final rather than any of the other three would have been a real shame. While I wouldn't want to have to spend too much time with her, I think she is probably an incredibly nice person, but it was past time for her to go.

A couple more things:

We should have an award for the most outrageously dumb remark made by Samantha on each week's show. That way we can at least have a little fun with her. For this week I nominate her "bromance" segment with Jason and Cristian. Why can't she just call it a friendship and leave it at that?

The kids - please ABC, keep this segment of the show. I loved watching the kids perform. They were not self concious, they were not stuck up, and they looked like they were having a great time out there. I'm not sure how to fairly judge kids that are so widely seperated in age. They each deserve to win in their own age group. I was very impressed with last Paso Doble done to "Phantom of the Opera". Those two were great!

+ Reply to Thread