+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 4/29 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

To the Point

Re: 4/29 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2959475;
    I am thrilled that Marissa will be dancing for another week and that whiney Shannon got sent packing.

Now if we could just get rid of Kristi.
    Like her or not, you'd be eliminating the only REALLY outstanding contestant. I like Mario but he's not got the lines down in his dancing for the ballroom. I love Jason Tayler, but he's not quite there nor does he have the difficulty included in his routines. Of course, Jason is just fun to look at AND I think he's a really sweet guy.

FORT Fogey

I don't think she is outstanding. I absolutely loved Len calling them out for their second dance. It's about time the overscored prima dona got an eight.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2959475;
    I am thrilled that Marissa will be dancing for another week and that whiney Shannon got sent packing.

Now if we could just get rid of Kristi.
    I'm glad you don't get to decide, because if Kristi got booted I think many people would stop watching. Not only is Kristi beloved by most of America (maybe except you ), but she is BY FAR the best dancer there. It's so obvious that in fact she has been *underscored* by the judges in order to make this a real competition. Anyone with a ballroom background can see that!

But I like the diversity of opinions on this board. That's what makes the world go 'round

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2958798;
    Samantha may be one of the stupidest people on TV, but I have to admit she looks REALLY good tonight. A bit too orange, but that's standard for this show.
    Samantha's been looking a little bit . . . shiny as well these days, don't you think? Looks like she's oiled up and ready for the Ms. Olympia competition!

Did anyone catch Shannon's blatantly disappointed look when Cristian said he could continue in the competition? That alone made me glad she got booted. Buh-bye!

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2959537;
    I don't think she is outstanding. I absolutely loved Len calling them out for their second dance. It's about time the overscored prima dona got an eight.
    The only reason Len didn't like the dance is because they took it to a more modern place than he can deal with.
    I so agreed with Carrie Ann and Bruno. this was a cha-cha-cha with enough new moves in it to appeal to a younger audience. I thought it was amazing and loved the moves and what Mark put in. He brings a level of difficulty to the dances that Kristi is probably the only one who can handle.

They are fun to watch and make the show for me.
    I 'm glad they are not catering to Len - he is just stuck in a time warp and can't move forward.

They are bringing it for the fans of the show and I love it.

FORT Fogey

I certainly would not quit watching if Kristi were to get eliminated.

Marissa is my favorite female star and Jason Taylor is my favorite male star.

opinions differ - I watch Marissa's dances but they do nothing for me as far as entertainment - and I hit the mute button during anything else she does.
    but we agree on Jason. I love watching him dance and not just because he is HOT!!! I love his personality and seeing it come out in the dancing.

Kristi is better technically - but Jason has much more flair on the floor. I'm actually hard pressed to determine my actualy fav between the two.
    Last edited by schmoo2; 04-30-2008 at 09:14 AM.

I'm having a little trouble this year because there is no one I either love (ie. Drew) or loathe (ie. Marie) or love the dancing, loathe the personality (ie. the first Mario). Yes, Kristi is a good dancer and she seems quite nice, but she doesn't inspire any emotion in me, and I always prefer to get a little emotionally invested in these things (they are what I watch instead of sports). In fact, the only emotion I've experienced this season is the occasional vague irritation, at no one person in particular.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by sushifan;2959539;
    I'm glad you don't get to decide, because if Kristi got booted I think many people would stop watching. Not only is Kristi beloved by most of America (maybe except you ), but she is BY FAR the best dancer there. It's so obvious that in fact she has been *underscored* by the judges in order to make this a real competition. Anyone with a ballroom background can see that!

But I like the diversity of opinions on this board. That's what makes the world go 'round
    I might need to see some poll results before we declare Kristi beloved by Most of America. Kristi should dance well she was an Ice Skater and did if I am correct do Ice dancing with the Ice Capades after that. So Ringer comes to mind when I see Kristi. This American neither loves or loathes her I just refuse to blow wind up her skirts.

Kristi has spent much of her time since the Olympics with Stars on Ice. just fyi there.
    and yes, she has more experience than others, but I haven't thought of anyone as a RINGER, just more experienced.
    now, bring in Julianne as a celebrity, and ya got a RINGER there.

None of these people have been in ballroom dancing competitions before. They have danced, they have skated, they have been exposed to choreography - just different levels. Who knows if any of them have been to an Arthur Murray studio in their history, or learned to dance for a special occasion.

I watch and pull for those who entertain me - Kristi does - and she also has had to learn to loosen up quite a bit. I was glad to see that happen. She is having fun and I am having fun watching.
    I know they are scoring her lower now to bring some 'suspense' into the program. I have no problem with that.

I have never really gotten into the show before like I have this year. Julianne and her partners were about all I cared about the last 2 seasons because they were entertaining.

+ Reply to Thread