+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 4/29 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 4/29 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

whether a person is called a ringer, is a ringer, etc - unless you really screw things up (cough*shannon*cough) - if you don't have the fans you aren't going to be in the final. You can develop a fan base with your dancing if it is good enough and you aren't particularly disliked. But if you come in without the fans, and without something that brings the fans to your defense - it really doesn't matter.

I didn't feel Sabrina was a ringer - wouldn't have bothered me anyhow. but I didn't particularly like her and didn't feel the popularity she needed was behind her.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2960061;
    Ringer or not, Kristi is the best of this season. Not only does she have choreography and dance experience, she has one of the best pros in Mark B.

Now does that make a difference? NO. People vote for their FAVORITE not the best dancer. Everyone likes who they like. Having been around dance all my life, I enjoy watching those couples with the best technique and personality. Just like some people like their favorites for other reasons (master P?)

I love Marissa in Hairspray. I paid a lot of money to be front and center to see her on Broadway. She dances up a storm in that show. Is she a ringer? I am way over her real persona. I don't like seeing her dance either. Strictly my opinion.

I don't see how Cristian can really continue. I expect he or Marissa will go next and then Mario and it hopefully wind up with Kristi and Jason for the final two. I so want to see what Mark B. can come up with for the freestyle dance!

Anyone else notice that the Def stuff was filmed at a different time? Loved the whole dance center stuff! I was glad that they "picked" on Tony's teeth rather than attacking Marissa's size. Gotta love a man who will wear blue eye shadow and rhinestones
    I agree with most of your post, however I'm fearful that Mark may not be up to Kristi's capabilities when it comes to the lifts in the freestyle section. I was not impressed with their performance in the hoedown number. I am concerned for Christian and Cheryl's safety if they try this stuff at this point.

The dance center interlude was a hoot. As long as they keep it fresh this could be a permanent addition to the show. It's certainly better than many of the other filler parts of the results show. Oh, keep the kids too - they were great.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2959852;
    I agree that Kristi has some experience due to her skating, but no one has said bringing in the pro football players is an unfair advantage despite the fact that so far the FB players all have seemed to do exceptionally well in the competition.
    Last time I looked Emmitt, Jerry and Jason didn't dance as they trotted down the football field each week. I may be wrong. Just maybe if the Dolphins did they may win 2 games this year. Kristi did dance like movement on ice to music and her first dance this week looked like a skating routine so yes I will deem her a ringer becuase of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2960188;
    Last time I looked Emmitt, Jerry and Jason didn't dance as they trotted down the football field each week.
    Don't they dance when they do a touchdown? I don't watch football, but I have heard tell of such a thing
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

This is the first season that I'm not really emotionally invested in the show. I watch, but I don't mind watching on TiVO, where I used to want to see it as it was happening. I have not voted at all this season, and don't feel particularly inspired to do so. Kristi is very good technically and definitely has the edge with the difficulty of her routines, but doesn't convey any emotion. I enjoy seeing Marissa's progress, I like Jason a bunch and enjoy Cristian's personality. I love watching Mario in the Latin dances. I just don't love it all enough to get as involved as I have in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;2960110;
    I agree with most of your post, however I'm fearful that Mark may not be up to Kristi's capabilities when it comes to the lifts in the freestyle section. I was not impressed with their performance in the hoedown number. I am concerned for Christian and Cheryl's safety if they try this stuff at this point.

The dance center interlude was a hoot. As long as they keep it fresh this could be a permanent addition to the show. It's certainly better than many of the other filler parts of the results show. Oh, keep the kids too - they were great.
    I agree that the lifts they did in the hoedown weren't great... but then they are allowed lifts next week... so maybe that will be a better gauge of how a freestyle would go. Looking at Mark he seems thinner this season.. while he obviously works out, he's not a big guy. Thankfully Kristi is tiny and she knows how to be lifted.

To be really successful the girl has to know how to help with the lifts, rather than just be dead weight! My DD and her dance partner, a couple of 90 lb teens could lift each other over their heads and spin around, even though they way the same size, it is all in the technique. I'm sure having pairs experience, Kristi is adept at partnering and lifts.
    Tahoe bound....

FORT Regular

Horrible that Cristian was injured, but that comment he made about staying in the competition was stupid on so many levels:

"Weeks ago, a deaf woman took the chance of dancing. I can dance."

Does he even know the "deaf woman's" name is Marlee after dancing with her for so many weeks? And what does his comparison even mean?

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2960340;
    I agree that the lifts they did in the hoedown weren't great... but then they are allowed lifts next week... so maybe that will be a better gauge of how a freestyle would go. Looking at Mark he seems thinner this season.. while he obviously works out, he's not a big guy. Thankfully Kristi is tiny and she knows how to be lifted.

To be really successful the girl has to know how to help with the lifts, rather than just be dead weight! My DD and her dance partner, a couple of 90 lb teens could lift each other over their heads and spin around, even though they way the same size, it is all in the technique. I'm sure having pairs experience, Kristi is adept at partnering and lifts.
    I understand the way lifts work very well (that's me in my avatar). That's why I said that Kristi's capabilities in the lifts may exceed Mark's. I don't think we'll see too much in the area of high energy lifts until the freestyle because they aren't "in the character of the dance". The judges made that pretty clear last night. I think they are more interested in not having to dock points for the types of minor lifts that have already shown up.

Quote Originally Posted by Valancy
    Horrible that Cristian was injured, but that comment he made about staying in the competition was stupid on so many levels:

"Weeks ago, a deaf woman took the chance of dancing. I can dance."

Does he even know the "deaf woman's" name is Marlee after dancing with her for so many weeks? And what does his comparison even mean?
    It meant to him that his torn muscle is nothing in comparison to Marlee's obstacle. If she can do it.. he can do it. It wasn't even remotely an insult to Marlee that he wasn't mentioning her by name.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2960278;
    Don't they dance when they do a touchdown? I don't watch football, but I have heard tell of such a thing
    If that is what passes for dancing, then yeah. Jason is on defense & he plays for the Dolphins so he isn't doing much dancing.

+ Reply to Thread