+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 4/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: 4/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Relieved to hear I'm not the only one who doesn't care much for Marissa. Agreed, I'm sure she's a fine person, but I actually wish she would smile/grimace less. Her smile makes her look like she's straining for a bowel movement.

All things being equal, I'd rather watch Kenny Mayne and Monica Seles dancing together.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2956589;

Jason just doesn't do it for me. That last dance was all kinds of lame. The routine was worse than the Dolphins season last year. If that is a possibility.

THis comment needed to come with a disclaimer. I'm now wiping coffee off my monitor screen.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;2955530;
    They sure are taking a LONG commercial break, this does not look good for Christian. I wonder if he tore a muscle or something?

Haven't done any sleuthing regarding this yet today, however, that is exactly what I thought when I saw his pained reaction. Torn muscles really hurt and his reaction prompted me to make the comment to my husband that I wondered if he had torn a muscle.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by 80'sdiva;2955413;
    this is a tad late but did i hear shannon tell derek he maybe going home alone tonight in there little blurb before the dance....ha ha
    Yes, I caught that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TVDude;2956778;
    Like with Marissa, even though she's probably a nice person, her bubbliness just grates on me.
    I don’t know whether she’s a nice person or not. Most people can be “nice” when it serves their agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by terrapin;2956806;
    Relieved to hear I'm not the only one who doesn't care much for Marissa. Agreed, I'm sure she's a fine person, but I actually wish she would smile/grimace less. Her smile makes her look like she's straining for a bowel movement.
    I don’t know whether she’s a fine person or not. You’re hardly the only person who “doesn’t care for Marissa”. Take a look at the Marissa thread.

I agree TVDude...Mario and Julianne would've ROCKED this compeitition...too bad he got stuck with Karina, who actually isn't bugging me as much this season. I guess I've just accepted the fact that Karina will always be Karina.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

FORT Newbie

The other thing that strikes me about this season is the relative lack of competition. Seems like all previous seasons had at least two stars -- sometimes three -- who were very close is terms of skill. But this time around, there seems to be big gap between Kristi and the next best. And I'm not even sure who that is. It's as if the judges know this and are trying to create tension and competition where it doesn't exist.

Just wondering if I'm the only one who feels this way.

Interesting scoring last night....

my thought is that they're trying to keep Marissa in as long as possible because they're pretty sure Shannon is on her way out. If both Shannon and Marissa get booted, that leaves only Kristi with the guys...a bit too lopsided.

Having said that...I think Marissa did pretty good. Kristi certainly did much better than her though. Cristian...I really was not liking the samba at ALL up to his injury. He'll stay of course with the sympathy votes, but to me he looked very wooden. Jason's quickstep was fab, the paso was
    I don't know if its Mario or Karina, but that couple leaves me stone cold. Shannon SHOULD go this week...its her time.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

I am looking forward to Kenny Mayne in the "DanceCenter" piece tonight - I just love his little pieces on ESPN during football season. He wasn't a great dancer, but he really is quite the entertainer on Sunday mornings! And the players are always game for his segments, which makes them all the more enjoyable.

I have watched Cristian's injury segment a few times now - and something struck me. I cannot find the exact moment where he injures his arm. He is dancing and just kind of stops, shakes out his RIGHT arm for a second, then grabs his LEFT arm. Goes back to the dance (while Cheryl is still dancing - oblivious to his pain) and we all know the rest - he tries, but then just kind of falls on Cheryl. It looks like it takes her a moment or two to figure out that he didn't just fall because he lost a step, but because he is injured. And yet she still reaches out for him to lift her off of the floor. Wha????? In a statment on People.com - Cheryl comments that she heard him get injured?? “When we were dancing I fell back into his arms and I heard something crack,” Burke told PEOPLE between tears after the show. “I am so worried. He is not a wuss. He tried to finish the dance.”

If she heard something crack - why is it that she still reached for him to pull her up from the floor? I really like Cheryl - but something about this is really bothering me. Anxious to see how it plays out tonight.

Maybe it's me but I felt like Jason and Edyta's second dance (to the football theme) looked eerily similar to Cameron and Edyta's superman dance last season. I like Jason, but I don't like Edyta because I feel like she uses her male partners as a pole to dance on/around and she recycles dances it seems, IMO.

I feel like Mario or Shannon are going to be handed their walking papers tonight.
    Forever a Word Nerd

+ Reply to Thread