Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: 4/8 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 4/8 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ness;2904865;
    She's gone on to a better place . . .

AWAY FROM ADAM!
    Lol I guess that's true.

I'm so sad. Soooo sooo sad.

Just wanted to see Julianne in the latin dance at least. Can't believe I have to take another week of Marissa.

Also a big F U to Dial Idol. They raised my hopes of having Adam safe yet he gets booted for Marissa the non-entertaining and Pricilla the one speed dancers.

FORT Fogey

Marissa was ranked up pretty high on Dial Idol. Priscilla was at the bottom so I guess you could say it was half right.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;2904864;
    TV Dude, my boyfriend shares your sentiment. Now his only reason for tuning in is to see Edyta and her costumes.
    Edyta is lovely and so are all the other female pros, but Julianne will always be my gal.

I hope she comes back for some pro dances at least. And if she does come back for another season sometime down the road, they better repay her by giving her a GOOD partner this time. Her dancing with Adam was like squeezing blood from a stone. To ABC: give her something abit more to work with next time OK?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2904886;
    I became an Edyta fan last season when she was paired with Cam. She has been lucky with the tall, gorgeous partners.
    I always liked Edyta, but I became a big fan of hers during season 4 believe it or not. I guess it was a compare and contrast. She got stuck with John Ratzenberger, who couldn't dance for crap but was fun to watch, and dealt with it as best she could (and he was probably a better partner than the guy who quit the show on her). Then you had Karina paired with Billy Ray, who also couldn't dance for nothing but tried his hardest and was also entertaining to watch. You could tell Karina wasn't happy with the arrangement. She and Cam were also a good couple, one of my favorites last season, and I'm loving her and Jason so far. Right now they're my favorite to win.

And if she does come back for another season sometime down the road, they better repay her by giving her a GOOD partner this time. Her dancing with Adam was like squeezing blood from a stone. To ABC: give her something abit more to work with next time OK?
    I'm sure they will. They gyped Cheryl last season pairing her with Wayne, but this season she seemed to have made out pretty well. Her and Ian were a good pair season 4, but couldn't compete with some of the others. I wonder if this season we'll have a set of pros who've never made it to the final 2/3. I hope we have some good freestyles this year.

Well, I'm glad tht the voters got it right and let Adam go. This is, after all, a dance competition - or so it claims to be. Julianne must have mixed feelings. She has been eliminated on the show that made her into a celebrity, but now she is able to pursue her music obligations without compromising her commitment to the show.

Much as I have disliked Adam's comentary in the past I must say that his closing remarks were some of the best I've seen on the show - or any other reality show for that matter. His advice to try what you are afraid of was great. I also liked his comment that he lost 20 lbs of fat and gained 105 lbs of a wonderful friend. That was really nice. Not only that, he didn't make one snarky remark all night. Where was this Adam the rest of the season?

His lack of "snarky" behaviour was probably based on the knowledge that he was leaving. Not saying he knew in advance, but the handwriting was on the wall, so to speak. I think beneath the persona, he's probably a nice guy and wanted to make his exit a little more bearable for Julianne. I must say he was charming in his good-bye speech. I'll miss him and Julianne.
    Tahoe bound....

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

I think the ones voted off thus far have been on target for being ousted. Marissa or Priscilla next?

I'm glad Pricilla was in the bottom 2 and hope this is a wake up call for her. I didn't appreciate her eagerness to break the "lift" rule simply because she likes to do them. When Louie tried to promise not to put any more in the routines, she interrupted to say that they might do them anyway despite the judge's point deduction. This bugged me, because it sounded like she felt she was above the rules and wasn't concerned about the judge's scores. I think she is overestimating the size of her fan base.

I didn't really have a problem with Adam and would have preferred to see Marissa leave instead, but hopefully next week will be the charm. Hopefully Tony will now understand that he doesn't have to make easy routines in slo mo for his partners. If I have to watch her dance again, it should at least be as tolerable as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2910343;
    I didn't appreciate her eagerness to break the "lift" rule simply because she likes to do them. When Louie tried to promise not to put any more in the routines, she interrupted to say that they might do them anyway despite the judge's point deduction. This bugged me, because it sounded like she felt she was above the rules and wasn't concerned about the judge's scores.
    While I have thoroughly enjoyed Priscilla, I've got to admit that when she said very firmly that she wanted to do a lift because she liked how it felt (or something to that effect), my eyebrows shot up to my hairline. That DID come across as to me as though she felt she was above the judges' scoring and could do as she wanted on the floor during the dance.

BEFORE she said that, I was thinking: "OOOoops! Novice mistake and now she's gonna get dinged for it!"

But after that comment, I was like: "OK. That was no mistake. She was going to get marked down for the lift, anyway, but she REALLY deserves to get marked down because she thought she could do it because SHE wanted to!"

Then, when they wound up with a 22 score, I'm sorry, but I didn't believe her for a second when she said that was OK, that was a good score. I think she might've been surprised that they got a 22, but she knew she had to play it off as being a good sport. I believe Louie'd probably warned her in rehearsal about the lift, she insisted, and he let her override him.

In contrast, I think about Marlee and Fabian. When he whisked her around the floor with her legs out, it kind of looked like her toes were almost NAILED to the floor. I couldn't help BUT laugh when I saw that.

And there was another couple who did the same sort of a swing (don't remember which one, now). I looked at the toes on that one, too and saw one foot come up, but noticed that the toes of the other foot stayed on the ground. No way they could be dinged for that.

Now, if most everybody else is at least TRYING to get in line and do what's ballroom correct, why can't Priscilla?

I agree with dberk.

I think she's overestimating her fan base.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread