+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627

Thread: 3/31 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 3/31 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2886024;
    Frankly, I'm just surprised that someone thought it was NOT staged. Shoot... the guy was standing Stage right and Jeff immediately came in from Tom's left... which would have been the middle of the dance floor. So Jeff was standing in the middle of the floor why?
    Okay, I give up - why? and why the at someone having trouble getting their breath back after coughing?

Here is your answer Tango. It was staged between Tom and Jeff.

Dancing with the Stars backstage secrets, gossip and more - All Things Dancing with the Stars | TVGuide.com
    Then there's Bergeron, who's been threatening to lose his voice and let American Idol's Ryan Seacrest – who works right down the hall – take over the hosting duties. Seacrest didn't get the nod, but Survivor's Jeff Probst did, which meant that a CBS star was briefly in charge of the ABC hit. "Basically, Tom has been wanting to do this with Ryan for several seasons," says DWTS cohost Samantha Harris. "But Probst was in the audience tonight."

Does Harris think that the producers were panicking a little in the control room? That their star was choking up and that a familiar face that is usually stuck on a deserted island was taking over? "I’m sure," says Harris with vast understatement, "that it was a very interesting control room."

For his part, Probst was happy to go along with the gag. "My very first job was working with Tom on the FX Network," says Probst. "He was hosting a morning show and he was like the guy. He was the guy everyone else looked to to see how it's done. He's so good. And you can really see it here when he's flying off the cuff."

But Probst isn't here for Bergeron: He came as a guest of an old friend, Marlee Matlin. Can Probst dance? "No," he says. "But I try. I take salsa lessons on Wednesday nights with some friends, and I'm so bad. When I watch these guys out here I think it's amazing. How can they remember all the steps, let alone worrying about not making a silly face?"
    ETA: I'd love to see Jeff on this show.

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

Probst didn't promote. He was just there and it caused buzz. Which is still promotion.

I'm not sure Marissa's personality is a puppy dog routine. I think that's just her. She seems to have that, "pomeranian on crack" thing about her. I'm like that too and know it's hard to tone down. Especially when you're nervous.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

Quote Originally Posted by nliedel;2888044;
    I think that's just her. She seems to have that, "pomeranian on crack" thing about her.

Somehow, I think it is, too!

When I first saw her, I suspected it was an act. But as I continued to study her, I thought "Maybe not!"

I've grown to like her, and I hope Tony starts to redesign their routines. In her case, I DO think she is one he CAN push and have it turn out OK.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Desert Rose, Thanks.

I think it's very poor taste on the part of DWTS. How disgusting. So maybe next someone can fake an epilectic seizure or a brain aneurysm. Yeah, that would be really funny I guess.

All: Having been the victim of a stroke myself, and having had a brother who died of a sudden massive coronary at a young age, and also having known of someone who died from choking it’s hard for me to find humor in this kind of thing.

I watch the show to be entertained. My sense of humor is as good as or better than the next person. I see no humor in this type of thing. So now I guess we’re supposed to sort thru fainting, coughing, neck injuries, and whatever to determine what’s fake/staged and what isn’t.
    Last edited by tango7; 04-02-2008 at 09:57 AM.

I am sorry but I do not understand that people could think it was not a joke
    Sorry for me it was so obvious.

When Tom came back he came back with a big grin and laughing.

Anyways.
    The ice skater was overrated in my eyes.

I am a bit late watching. Now off to see the result show and to find out (after 1 hour of show and nothing) who got the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman;2900181;
    I am sorry but I do not understand that people could think it was not a joke
    Sorry for me it was so obvious.
    No kidding. I mean, how likely is it that Probst (or Seacrest) would be standing a convenient 6 feet away the first time Tom ever got a bit of a dry throat on the program.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

ITA, I knew it was a setup from the instant it started, but then I'm a cynic by nature... Only the "pure hearted" would take it as real. That means you're a good person Tango

... I'm always "smelling a rat" when it comes to Hollywood.
    Tahoe bound....

+ Reply to Thread