Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Kristi Yamaguchi & Mark Ballas - Season 6

Kristi Yamaguchi & Mark Ballas - Season 6

PROFESSION:
    Olympic champion figure skater

PARTNER:
    Mark Ballas

BACKGROUND:
    An Olympic Gold medalist and World Champion, Kristi Yamaguchi is one of the most popular and successful figure skaters of our time. Since winning the 1992 Winter Olympics, Yamaguchi retired from competitive skating, performing in numerous television specials and traveling the globe on Stars on Ice tour. Along with her many awards and accomplishments, she is a member of the US Figure Skating Hall of Fame, World Figure Skating Hall of Fame and the US Olympic Hall of Fame. In 1996, she founded the Always Dream Foundation dedicated to fundraising and supporting children's charities. Yamaguchi is married to Stanley Cup Champion and Carolina Hurricanes star, Bret Hedican. Together, they have two young daughters.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: Kristi Yamaguchi & Mark Ballas - Season 6

I suspect she'll be pretty good at the ballroom dances, since with figure skating, you have to have good body lines and such.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

It will be interesting to watch her this season, and to see Mark dance with a non-hyperactive adult this time around. Kristi is always a pleasure to watch. I look forward to their partnership.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Kristi was always known for her elegance and style on the ice, I expect her to bring that to the competition, should help her. I have a feeling she could go far in the show.
    Adversity reveals genius. -Horace

I see her doing very well with the poise and elegance. I wonder how she'll do on the more ra-ra-ra numbers. I think she'll probably be one of the better celebrity dancers. Hopefully she goes far too.

FORT Newbie

Yes Kristy will have no Problem with the elegance part,But hopefully she wont have the problems that Jane Seymouir had at being"Naughty"

Cough ** Ringer ** Cough

But seriously. At the very least she has to be a fairly accomplished ballerina. Pretty much all of the world class ice skating champs have that as a really major part of their training regimen, from earliest childhood.

But I've always liked her enormously. I'm glad she on the show.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Good to know that Kristi's rumored appearance on the show turned out to be a fact!

I'm really looking forward to seeing how she does. With her background, I'm hoping/thinking she'll go very far, if not possibly win this.

Mark should really be able to get quite a bit of face time on the show this go-round, with the partner he has.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Definitely has the flexibility and dance training, but will she be able to work those, somewhat raunchy, sexy latin numbers? Or will she be stiff and prim.

Love Mark's choreography... he is one of the best, even better than Derek.
    Tahoe bound....

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

My second favorite couple this season. Really liked Mark last season, and have always been a fan of Kristi's. I think they'll do pretty well and out of all the girls I think she has the best chance of winning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast