+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Kristi Yamaguchi & Mark Ballas - Season 6

Re: Kristi Yamaguchi & Mark Ballas - Season 6

I thought Kristi's technique was not as good last night as it was on past shows. Her expression, however, was markedly improved. I think that this is where she needs to focus her energy right now. If, in the coming weeks, she can combine the two she will be unstoppable for the title. When I compare her marks to the other competitors I thought she was fairly scored. She has my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by KMK0902;2920539;
    Does anyone know if Mark is still dating Sabrina (his partner from last season)?

K

According to Kristin from E!Online, they're still very much together.

FORT Regular

Kristi sold that dance for me. Mark is talented, but he emotes too much with his face and he looks so young dancing with Kristi. She sold that performance and it was the first dance since her foxtrot that I was wowed. Great job Kristi!

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2920222;
    I just don't care for Kristi/Mark. The judges seem to be really pushing them, IMO. That dance last night did not deserve any tens.
    Same for me. Plus I still think she has the advantage.
    People prefer to go for the underdog so it is not so sure that they will win. It depends on who they will have next to them.

I'm impressed with the level in dance in general this season, but my fav is definitely Kristi. I too felt that she really made some progress in emoting. I think she found the key to a married, mother of two effectively projecting romance in these sexy dances---She got an alter ego! lol That's exactly what I would have done. Jenny Garth should have tried that during her season.

Kristi really worked it this week. I LOVED IT!!! I loved the outfit, the personality, the spark. Everything. it was all fantastic. I'm so proud of their perfect score.

She definitely should be the winner. And, if she is not - something is very wrong! She was fabulous this week - wow! Of course, she does have a better handle on the basics with a background in ice skating, but she wasn't trained in ballroom dancing. Others who have had actual dance training, have not done as well as she has.

I'm tired of people who continually knock Kristi and say that she is a dancer, and therefore should not be eligible. Yes, she was a figure skater - single and pairs. Single skaters mainly work on controling balance, edges, as well as perfecting jumps and spins. Pair skaters are not ice dancers. Their specialty is performing jumps and spins, along with high energy lits and throws, to music.

Skaters do perform body movements to music, but so do many other sports. Would a gymnast be ineligible? Actors and singers also have their movements choreographed, often to music - should they be ineligible?

If you really wanted to have a ringer in the competition bring in a competitive ice dancer. Lets say Shae-Lynn Bourne (8 time Canadian champion, world champion) or Tanith Belbin (5 time US champion, Olympic silver medalist). Now they would have an advantage. Not only are they used to interpreting ballroom rhythms on ice, but they both look like super-models.

Kristi is an athlete. She is used to spending 6 hrs (or more) per day learning difficult body control movements. She is also used to paying attention to detail. That is her strength.

Other competitors have different strenghts. The actors in the group are used to telling a story and communicating to an audience, something Kristi has had to work hard to do. Kristi is where she is because of her comitment and work ethic, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by aname;2945496;
    She definitely should be the winner. And, if she is not - something is very wrong! She was fabulous this week - wow! Of course, she does have a better handle on the basics with a background in ice skating, but she wasn't trained in ballroom dancing. Others who have had actual dance training, have not done as well as she has.
    I am sure she is going to win. The show is who is going to be second this year.

dancingdad If you skate like kristi does you also must be good in telling a story with your body. Sorry if you get tired but it is the truth.
    I blame the people that put her in the show though.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman;2951515;
    I am sure she is going to win. The show is who is going to be second this year.

dancingdad If you skate like kristi does you also must be good in telling a story with your body. Sorry if you get tired but it is the truth.
    I blame the people that put her in the show though.
    I agree with you. I don't think she's the only one that has been on this show that came in with an advantage. Personally, I preferred it the way the started out - with all actors who really had to come out of their element to try something totally new. That was more enjoyable to me, and it seemed more inspiring to want to try something totally new. They seem to be adding more and more athletes, and I just don't care for that as much.

+ Reply to Thread