+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Kristi Yamaguchi & Mark Ballas - Season 6

Re: Kristi Yamaguchi & Mark Ballas - Season 6

Mark and Kristi are not boring... they are tops. I don't think Mark's choreography is all the same... just fantastic and he makes it look effortless. He is the best choreographer (with an able partner) I'm not so sure how'd he do with Marissa or Priscilla... so far he has had two partners and both were young and experienced with some form of dance.
    Tahoe bound....

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;2911930;
    I completely agree with your post. I like the same 5 couples you do to make the final 5. Mario has talent, but his attitude is not good. He seems to have a real chip on his shoulder and - from what I can see - he doesn't put enough dedication into his rehearsal time. If he fixed his attitude he could make a strong comeback.
    I agree with the general take on the top five couples.

About the chip . . .

I perceive it more as being the arrogance of youth. This guy is, what, 21? I'm thinking he's got the "I'm invincible!", "I'm hot!" (kudos to Paris) mental thing going on. Then, add into the mix that he is NOT hard on the eyes, is NOT a trained dancer but CAN dance, and is --- apparently, because I'm not familiar with his music --- a multiplatinum recording star, and you come up with an "I'm King of the World!" swagger.

I don't think he puts enough dedication into his rehearsal time, just as you don't. That was clearly shown when he and Karina got ripped for that tango they did (you could practically see smoke coming out of the top of Karina's head). And when they did their paso (?) this week, sure, it was fine, but something about it left me cold. The lights were on, but I didn't feel that Mario was home.

Most people, I think, might've done a total 180 after that tango. I didn't sense that from the young man. I honestly think he is going to need to be humbled again --- and even more harshly --- before he really gets the message and turns things around.

If it's not too late for him by then.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I agree with your post ness. I really think that the arrogance of "youth" has gotten to Mark much more this season. I think it was helped by the fact that he has a really good dance partner so perhaps he feels infalliable. However, that is not the case. To stay in the competition you have to be a good dancer and a good performer. Right now he's not doing either to the best of his abilities and the audience will reflect that back to him. Hopefully it's enough of a kick in the pants.

The posts above were about Mario... not Mark Ballas... even though this is Mark and Kristi's thread.
    Tahoe bound....

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2913899;
    The posts above were about Mario... not Mark Ballas... even though this is Mark and Kristi's thread.

My bad. Mea culpa. I started it with an assesment who I thought the top couples were, starting with Kristi. Didn't mean to derail thbe thread.

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

I think the only reason Kristi and Mark WOULDN'T win is if people get bored by perfection. It's part of the reason that Mario Lopez and Karina didn't win. They were so good week after week and it was so impressive that Apollo got better each week that people forgot just how good mario and Karina were. If someone starts to get really good (like Shannon or Jason) then Kristi could be in trouble. People like to see the underdog, come from behind win... It's part of human nature to vote for the underdog. That's why being the favorite, as Kristi obviously is, can be a detriment.

As long as they continue to perform the best, I will continue to vote for them. If they get arrogant or someone else completely improves, it may change my mind.

The arrogance of BOTH this year's Mario AND Karina is why I don't vote for them. I believe she's just a little TOO expressive, meaning we can totally tell when she's upset.

Kristi and Mark were fantastic last night, but I think I liked the rhumba he did last year with Sabrina a little better, mostly because the romantic connection was really there and it showed. The chemistry between Kristi and Mark is probably the one thing that hurts them, or should I say the lack of chemistry?

I agree that constant perfection can hurt them and I think Jason and Edyta are their biggest competition.

Kristi is so amazing. Her lines and the way she finishes every move is stunningly beautiful.

I thought the footage of her husband and daughters was really "cute". For some reason I didn't realize how young her children are. They are just "babies". She's got her hands full with two kids and dancing.
    Tahoe bound....

FORT Fogey

I just don't care for Kristi/Mark. The judges seem to be really pushing them, IMO. That dance last night did not deserve any tens.

Does anyone know if Mark is still dating Sabrina (his partner from last season)?

K

Quote Originally Posted by KMK0902;2920539;
    Does anyone know if Mark is still dating Sabrina (his partner from last season)?

K
    TMZ showed them together just last night coming out of somewhere and asking Mark a question. I wasn't paying much attention to it but it seems that he was holding her hand as they were coming out.
    "Since no one can ever know for certain whether or not his own view of life is the correct one, it is absolutely impossible for him to know if someone else's is the wrong one." -Gore Vidal

+ Reply to Thread