+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Kristi Yamaguchi & Mark Ballas - Season 6

Re: Kristi Yamaguchi & Mark Ballas - Season 6

I don't know if it's so much a push as of right now. She's really the most talented among the female bunch for sure. Is she deserving of her high scores? Perhaps in comparson to her peers yes. Should they be so high looking in terms of her performance and her performance only? Probably not. But that's not how it's judged.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2909101;
    I don't know if it's so much a push as of right now. She's really the most talented among the female bunch for sure. Is she deserving of her high scores? Perhaps in comparson to her peers yes. Should they be so high looking in terms of her performance and her performance only? Probably not. But that's not how it's judged.

I agree. If you were comparing her the female pros you would find her expression to be sorely lacking, but her footwork, carrige, and arm extension is right up there. Her technique is quite good, nearly at a professional level.

The celebrities have never been judged to the standard of a professional dancer. Compared to the rest of the celebrity field her technique is superior. She has had to dance to some apalling choices of music, something that definitly can affect you expression. If she can work more on her expression, and get a break on some good music choices, she'll be very hard to beat.

BTW - anyone that thinks that the producers are backing her should examine the music choices she's been given. Why would they do that to her if they want her to win so badly?

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;2909258;
    BTW - anyone that thinks that the producers are backing her should examine the music choices she's been given. Why would they do that to her if they want her to win so badly?

Good point!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Regular

I think by giving her bad music, it helps her not look as much as a front runner. She is leading every poll by a huge margin, her fans are DWTS viewers. I get a sense they casted her to be their female winner.

I think Kristi is great, but both Kristi and Mark are such technicians that their dances do lack some chemistry and emotion. I also think Mark should vary his choreography a bit. It is similar in style and I have seen the same back bend move (bad description) for Kristi in every dance. At least the other male pros are mixing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkberry30;2909950;
    I think by giving her bad music, it helps her not look as much as a front runner. She is leading every poll by a huge margin, her fans are DWTS viewers. I get a sense they casted her to be their female winner.
    Ah, so now we have a conspiracy to make her look good, but not too good. I honestly don't think the producers want anything to like it's a fixed competition. It will turn too many viewers off if they think there is a fix in. She's being given the same treatment as everyone else by the producers.

Each year there are talented celebrities (like Kristi) and clods (like Master P). the show manages to sort things out by the end and, although I don't always agree with the final results, the better couples tend to make it into the finals.

FORT Regular

No, not a conspiracy. Yes, they have good celeb dancers and bad. Some watch for the train wrecks, but most want good dancing. Thus good to cast celebs like Kristi. But many felt Kristi is such a heavy favorite, that some lost interest and felt it was no contest. In other words that it was a competition for 2nd place since everyone assumes Kristi will win (dances exceptionally well, already huge fan base going into the season). Maybe this is the producers' way of at least making it look interesting.

Either way, I think Kristi is great but still has room for improvement. There were mistakes in that paso and I do think Mark could create choreography that is not so much the same. I disagree with Len. Yes, Mark's choreography is consistent and good, but it is the same style. I hope Mark puts together something a bit different for this upcoming week. JMO. Still a Kristi fan, but I am rooting for Marlee and Shannon.

It is my opinion that Kristi is far and away the best dancer and, as things stand now, should win the competition. In no way do I find her boring.

Is there still a lot of room for improvement? Sure there is. Could she compete with the professional women or even with the amateurs in the pro-am dance competitions? Not a chance. Does she have to work very hard to perform as well as she does? You bet she does.

I think Marlee is amazing. Her dancing is good enough not to require special consideration because of her deafness. I was not surprised by this. Like Kristi, she is determined and willing to work hard to achieve her goals and she has natural movement ability.

I did not like Shannon before this show, but I respect what she is doing as a dancer. Derek is a good teacher and she is willing to learn. So far she is improving each week and deserves to stay.

As far as the men are concerned, I like Jason and Christian. Mario is okay, but his dancing is very iffy to me.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;2911875;
    It is my opinion that Kristi is far and away the best dancer and, as things stand now, should win the competition. In no way do I find her boring.

Is there still a lot of room for improvement? Sure there is. Could she compete with the professional women or even with the amateurs in the pro-am dance competitions? Not a chance. Does she have to work very hard to perform as well as she does? You bet she does.

I think Marlee is amazing. Her dancing is good enough not to require special consideration because of her deafness. I was not surprised by this. Like Kristi, she is determined and willing to work hard to achieve her goals and she has natural movement ability.

I did not like Shannon before this show, but I respect what she is doing as a dancer. Derek is a good teacher and she is willing to learn. So far she is improving each week and deserves to stay.

As far as the men are concerned, I like Jason and Christian. Mario is okay, but his dancing is very iffy to me.

Thnak you! I don't find Kristy boring at all she's just not as out there as some of the other contestants.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;2911875;

I completely agree with your post. I like the same 5 couples you do to make the final 5. After that I will judge those remaining on their performances. Mario has talent, but his attitude is not good. He seems to have a real chip on his shoulder and - from what I can see - he doesn't put enough dedication into his rehearsal time. If he fixed his attitude he could make a strong comeback.

FORT Regular

I agree with those couples in the top 5.

+ Reply to Thread