+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Kristi Yamaguchi & Mark Ballas - Season 6

Re: Kristi Yamaguchi & Mark Ballas - Season 6

Wow, Kristi and Mark were incredible. Best by a mile last night and the ones to beat. I can see it coming down to her and Mario as the final two.
    Tahoe bound....

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2853239;
    Wow, Kristi and Mark were incredible. Best by a mile last night and the ones to beat. I can see it coming down to her and Mario as the final two.
    I am with you! They were great to watch.
    If your not the lead dog the scenery never changes

I loved their dance as well last night. I love her quiet confidence. she doesn't have to yell form the rooftops that she is the best. she is so elegant. They are hands down my favorite team so far this season.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by punchetta;2853168;
    What many people don't know is that Kristi was a pairs skater with Rudy Galindo. They won the junior title at the U.S. championships in 1986. The two years later, she won the ladies' singles and with Galindo, also won the pairs titles at the 1988 World Junior Pair Championships. In 1989 Yamaguchi and Galindo won the senior U.S. championships pairs title and won again in 1990.

I thought Kristi and Mark were the best. I'm hoping that we'll get to see some lifts. Priscilla performed a "death spiral" with her partner last night. Kristi knows how to do one on ice.
    What's amazing is that she won the gold in ladies singles two years after quitting pairs. I don't know if she can still do the death spiral though - it's been 18 years.

They were, imo, hands down the best couple and well matched as well. I can't imagine how good she'll get, but I'll be watching to see. I just Kristi to be a person who can do anything she sets her mind to doing and I think she's quietly out to win this.

i think she'll have a good shot of winning because she's a good dancer and she comes across more likable and non threatening to the majority of women who watch and vote.

Very solid, very fluid, very compatible pair. I see them going far! I was impressed even more than I thought I would be given what I expected based on her prior skating history.

To no one's surprise, Kristi was great. I look for her to win it, IF she gets the fan votes.

I wonder how likely she is to do in this competition. What kind of fan base does she have? Do they watch? Will people vote her over their other favourites because she's a better competitor? So many questions. She's definitely in it to win it. I hope she goes far and gets the votes she deserves.

I like Kristi, she was excellent the other night, and she'll most likely do a great job with the waltz. BUT - I'm not ready to declare her a winner yet. Let's see how she performs the latin dances. She will do the mambo next week.

+ Reply to Thread