+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: Kristi Yamaguchi & Mark Ballas - Season 6

Re: Kristi Yamaguchi & Mark Ballas - Season 6

and that is why they get a cheesy trophy if they win, not a monetary value of any kind. I'm pretty sure TPTB realise this is not a true competition for solid talent in any sense of the word. The 'stars' last as long as they can with strong or minimal dancing talent, personality, fan base, and just how well they entertain the voting public.
    I like the mix. Kristi was fun to watch in the beginning while the others were struggling - it was nice to see a high bar set for them to aspire to.
    I loved the final 3. it was a diverse group, but all 3 were pleasant entertaining people who gave it their all during this season.

There is absolutely no pretense that the playing field is level. The producers who cast it specifically use celebs with handicaps of various types. There is no right or wrong way to vote, imo, we are urged to " vote for your favorites". Kristi had no more ballroom training than people have had previously. I don't think it's a coincidence that athletes are often in the finals, they are in tune with their bodies and able to implement coaching directives. She had no more, probably much less, true dancing experience than Mario Lopez, imo. I loved her, but obviously others disagree. I will say that I don't understand sympathy for an overweight Tony award winning dancing actress. I never heard Marlee complaining about being deaf and I was most impressed by her presentation and classiness. I also saw no attemp on Marissa's part to lose weight--probably because her weight is working for her career. Heretofore there had not been a celeb who has NOT lost weight on this show to my knowledge.

Does anybody know when we should hear firmer rumors about the Sept. casting? Can't wait!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

Still basking in the glow of his Dancing With The Stars victory earlier in the week, the celebrating for Mark Ballas hasn’t stopped.

In Las Vegas Friday for his 22nd birthday with sidekick Derek Hough, Ballas was obviously very content with the results of the show, mainly for his partner Kristi Yamaguchi.

“I was just there to guide her along this fantastic journey and what an adventure it’s been,” he told PEOPLE at The Bank nightclub. “She definitely deserved to win.”

“Athletes are always good because they know how to be disciplined and they know how to listen,” he said. “I spent more time breaking bad habits and starting from scratch. We were working eight to 10 hours a day on that and I couldn’t be more proud.”

Hough, Ballas’s longtime friend, said Mark “110 percent deserved to win it. He worked harder than anyone.”

The duo, both celebrating birthdays (Hough turned 23 on May 17), showed off some of their winning moves from their VIP table, dancing to songs by Jay-Z and Bon Jovi.

Hough danced close with his DWTS partner Shannon Elizabeth. And thought the two haven’t acknowledged a relationship, they were spotted sneaking a few kisses at a dinner earlier in the night at Bellagio’s Fix.

The night was highlighted as Ballas and Hough were presented with a three-tiered birthday cake complete with a large shimmering disco ball replicating the trophy on the ABC show.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

No mention of the cheetah girl... hmmm so maybe it is true that they split.
    Tahoe bound....

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;3022790;
    No mention of the cheetah girl... hmmm so maybe it is true that they split.
    There was a blurb in US Weekly a couple of weeks again, Sabrina said they weren't dating anymore, they are just friends.

Busy week for alot of DWTS people, Julianne sang the National Anthem at the Indy 500, of course Helio racing and Kristi waved the green flag at Indy, first female honorary starter.....

I for one am happy with how it turned out. I think Kristi was a great winner. She worked hard. She deserved it. Sure she was a skater, but she wasn't a ballroom dancer no more than anyone else. I think maybe she had a bit of an advantage, but really, since when is that something that's stopped other winners from being crowned.

FORT Regular

I always thought Mark and Cheetah Girl was all an act. Whatever, those two were everywhere last season talking about their relationship and it just seemed like a way for them to milk their 15 minutes.
    Last edited by pinkberry30; 06-02-2008 at 08:48 PM.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

This is the first season that I didn't especially care about the results. I wasn't in love with Kristi andI liked Jason, Cristian and Mario, but nobody really made me want them to win. On the whole, an uninteresting group.

+ Reply to Thread