+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Marissa Jaret Winokur & Tony Dovolani - Season 6

Re: Marissa Jaret Winokur & Tony Dovolani - Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2898040;
    I'm not a Marissa fan. She just seems a bit too desperate - or something. Can't put my finger on it.

I love Tony. I think he's gorgeous. NOt sure what happened with their last dance, but something went wrong and as much as I like him and dislike her, I think the choreography was weak. I think he needs to push his partners into more complicated routines.
    I agree with all of the above. Plus, I just don't think they are paired well. First, she is too short for him. She would have been a better match height wise with Louis. Second, they have no chemistry together. Tony seems kind of serious and laid back, and she is over-the-top bubbly (waay too much so). They just contrast too much, although they do seem to get along fairly well. She is annoying and I wouldn't be unhappy if she were gone this week.

I don't feel that she is desperate to win the competition necessarily, she just really wants to do well. The judges whether they admit it or not are harsher on her because she won a Tony (which means nothing because from my understanding she hasn't done any ballroom). I'm glad that she at least got some 8's because her dance last week deserved more points and I know that she was disappointed. I find her very entertaining as well, if she left the show would be losing a very fun person.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

Quote Originally Posted by astrotronix;2903299;
    I don't feel that she is desperate to win the competition necessarily, she just really wants to do well. The judges whether they admit it or not are harsher on her because she won a Tony (which means nothing because from my understanding she hasn't done any ballroom). I'm glad that she at least got some 8's because her dance last week deserved more points and I know that she was disappointed. I find her very entertaining as well, if she left the show would be losing a very fun person.

Actually, this isn't true. The judges kissed Marissa's butt up until last week, when they finally got real with her. With the scores last week, they were generous - her performance was closer to 15 than 19. She's been whirylygigging around and getting a pass - getting by on her open mouthed grins and bubbly personality.

Also, if the judges are so harsh on award winners, it's strange they are harsh with Kristi - Olymbis Gold Medal winner and expert ice-dancer. Jason is also an award winner, as was Monica. Granted, not Tony awards, but champions in their own area of expertise.

FORT Fogey

I think the judges were very harsh on Marissa with their scoring for her first two performances. They did not like either one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;2903670;

Also, if the judges are so harsh on award winners, it's strange they are harsh with Kristi - Olymbis Gold Medal winner and expert ice-dancer. Jason is also an award winner, as was Monica. Granted, not Tony awards, but champions in their own area of expertise.
    CORRECTIONS – yikes, lots of mistakes here in my last post.

What I meant to say is:
    Also, if the judges are so harsh on award winners, it's strange they are not harsh with Kristi - Olympic Gold Medal winner and expert ice-dancer. Jason is also an award winner, as was Monica. Granted, not Tony awards, but champions in their own area of expertise.

The first 2 weeks the judges were not harsh on Marissa. They didn’t give her high scores (and why should they?), but their comments to Marissa were complimentary. They were tough/harsh on others (such as Penn, and Adam), but not with Marissa. Anyone who doubts this can go to abc.com and watch the first two episodes.

But when it comes down to in actuality Kristi did not win an award for dancing and the same for Jason. either way I'm glad she got 24 out of 30.

Marissa did not win a Tony award for dancing – she won “Best Actress in a Musical”.

Marissa has been staying mainly because she is good friends with Lucy Lawless, whose fans are fanatical. Lucy has been lobbying for Marissa on her website. Marissa has other celebrity friends such as Lisa Rinna and Caroline Rhea, who are probably also lobbying for her. By her own admission , Marissa contacted DWTS and begged to be on the show. Her blogs are full on CAPS and exclamation points about how exciting it is to be on the show.

Yes, she did work hard and put her all into this week’s dance. Of course, I respect that everyone Is entitled to their own opinion. But, to me (and others who have commented about her on this and other sites) her “love me, love me, aren’t I adorable even though I act like a 12 yr old and I’m not a size 2” nonsense is annoying. She’s 35 yrs old. She loves the excitement and fun and everything associated with DWTS. The dancing – well – not as much.

I agree with you on her having a lot of Broadway pull. She probably had one of the largest fan bases entering the competition.

FORT Fogey

Some of these folks need some PR lessons on what flies with the viewing public and what doesn't. Her enthusiasm is WAY OVER THE TOP. Kind of like an overly nice salesperson who doesn't get that you'll ask for help when you need it.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Her being a participant has been good to give the heavier viewers inspiration to try dancing. Otherwise, she could go anytime now! Her constant smile is irritating to me. I'll admit, last night was her best so far.

+ Reply to Thread