+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Priscilla Presley & Louis van Amstel - Season 6

Re: Priscilla Presley & Louis van Amstel - Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2873666;
    I don't find Pricilla interesting or particularly good. She is dull and shows no enthusiasm. Refusing to dance to an Elvis song is ridiculous, she was only married to him for 6 years! Have some fun with it! Life should not be this serious. If you don't want to be associated with the man then change back to your maiden name.

Apparently the judges and audience and viewers disagree.

And I don't recall her ever saying she didn't want to be associated, which would not nake sense because she and her business savvy saved and still run several of his charities. In fact, in her intro on the premiere show she acknowledged that people remember her for being married to Elvis Presley. She has never complained about that, and even recently another exhibit of Elvis memoribilia was opened. What she said was she wouldn't dance to Elvis music.

Hmmm . . .

Call me crazy, but, I can see WHY she won't dance to an Elvis song.

That --- my take, anyway --- would be just way too obvious, too cheesy, and might be seen by some as an under-the-radar attempt to garner votes.

If I were in her shoes, I wouldn't, either.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Plus she is in the Elvis business. Graceland, etc - I think she is taking this seriously - and if she did pull in an Elvis Song - she is back where Marie was last year -
    busy promoting instead of really just going on the talent herself.

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2874060;
    Plus she is in the Elvis business. Graceland, etc - I think she is taking this seriously - and if she did pull in an Elvis Song - she is back where Marie was last year -
    busy promoting instead of really just going on the talent herself.
    I see where you're coming from, and ITA.

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I saw what some of you guys were talking about with her looks. She looks so plastic now. I really feel for Louis getting stuck with her. She looks horrible and she dances even worse.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I enjoy watching Louis, but Priscilla, not so much. It's hard because she cannot be expressive with her face. So much of our body language is communicated in the face and she's lost that element.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;2875647;
    I enjoy watching Louis, but Priscilla, not so much. It's hard because she cannot be expressive with her face. So much of our body language is communicated in the face and she's lost that element.
    That's so sad, isn't it? Too much plastic and botox, and even those that love you can't tell if you are expressing joy.

Every thread I read about Priscilla on DWTS is about her plastic surgery.

I think she is doing pretty well!

I think Priscilla is doing very well even if her face doesn't move much. She did a lovely tango and she and Louis seem to get along very well. I think he is very good with her. She is old enough to be his mom, but he treats her like a lovely youthful woman whom he admires. I like that!

Priscilla's splits last night was amazing. Ouch!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast