+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Priscilla Presley & Louis van Amstel - Season 6

Re: Priscilla Presley & Louis van Amstel - Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;2862470;
    She said she will not dance to any Elvis music.
    True. And I don't blame her for that, either. I wouldn't, if I were in her shoes.

That would be just too obvious, too cheesy.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Well, I guess this explains some of Cilla's looks now, though not all, since this story involves some work done on her face in 2003... 20 years after she first starting experimenting with plastic surgery. Wow, this story is scary:

Priscilla Presley Victim of Phony Cosmetic Doc
    Posted Mar 24th 2008 2:15PM by TMZ Staff

TMZ has learned Priscilla Presley is the victim of a botched cosmetic procedure. What's worse -- it was at the hands of a gigolo who was sent to prison for perpetrating an injectable scam on Hollywood's elite.

Priscilla, whose face looks ... strange on "Dancing with the Stars," went to Dr. Daniel Serrano around 2003. Serrano was a good-looking doc from Argentina who hooked into Hollywood's social A-list and started giving them what he claimed were miracle injections that worked better than Botox.

In fact, Serrano was injecting industrial, low-grade silicone similar to what's used to lubricate auto parts in Argentina into the faces of thhese women. Several women, including Shawn King, Larry's wife, and Diane Richie, Lionel's wife at the time, held injection parties in their homes, with Serrano needling them with the non-FDA approved drug that he had smuggled in to the U.S. Shawn King has said the injections created a lump in her lip that made it difficult to speak and drink liquids. Serrano charged between $300 and $500 a pop.

But wait, it gets worse. Serrano wasn't even a licensed doc in the U.S. The injections caused lumps, paralysis and holes in the faces of some of the women (and some men) he injected.

Serrano, who was nicknamed Dr. Jiffy Lube, was indicted by the Feds for smuggling drugs, and the conspiracy and use of unapproved drugs. He was convicted, and last week he was released and is currently being investigated by federal immigration officials and could be deported.

BTW, Diane Richie was also indicted as an accomplice. She pled out and was placed on probation.

As for Priscilla -- who had no idea she was being injected with silicone -- we're told she's undergoing corrective work.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Aww, gee. That closeup pic really shows the botch job. Hope she's able to get some correction.

Still watching the video of last Tuesday's show, and just finished rewatching Cilla's dance. Again, I have to say that she really did do quite well, and Louis actually did a good job on the choreography. I enjoyed watching it more the second time, even.

Also, it's so interesting to watch the difference between Cilla when she's 'on', as in an acting role or acting a part in the dance, as opposed to watching her when she's 'off', as in when she's caught on camera behind someone or during the posings on the couch with the other celebs. She is so shy and uncomfortable when she's 'off' but on camera, but so relaxed and disciplined when she's 'on'. Almost as if she's only comfortable on film if she's playing a part other than Priscilla Presley, as dancing does still allow her to do.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Louis' blog on he and Priscilla's performance last Tuesday nite:

Hey Everyone,

So I must say that Priscilla was totally shocked with the reaction that we got from our performance this past Tuesday. I mean the enthusiastic standing ovation was so genuine and warm that it really instilled a lot of confidence in both of us.

It was quite an achievement especially because Priscilla was nervous about the performance. Her entire family including her parents, brother and Lisa Marie were present at Tuesdayís show. It was so cute ícause she didnít even want to look at them during the performance for fear she would draw their attention and possibly mess up.

And see thatís the thing that America will come to know about Priscilla. Believe it or not, she tends to lean towards the shy end and rarely seeks out the spotlight. DWTS is a wonderful challenge for her to put herself out there and little by little I think audiences will see her opening up more.

Well I think she did great without a doubt and I am so impressed by her courage, athleticism and hard work. Priscilla has really committed to learning the routines and so after a smooth foxtrot routine, complete with a perfectly executed death spiral, itís onto the Mambo!

I tell you, I think this is going to be one exciting routine that you wonít want to miss. Priscilla will once again be performing a daring move during the end of the number so definitely look out for it.

Itís going to be a great season and thankfully, Priscilla and I have friends and fans to support us along the way!

Thank you all and donít forget to vote at 1-800-VOTE4-10.

See you next week!

Love,
    Louisxxx

Yeah, Nemeses I agree. She said the "live" part is what makes her nervous. I was chuckling the other day recalling he roll as "Jane" in Naked Gun.

That scene with her and "Frank" getting tangled up in the gigantic condom.

uh oh! 47 more minutes!

I am one of the few here who really likes Louis. I am glad he is partnered with her. I think he does better with the slighter older ladies than the young girls (who he probably does push too much). Quite frankly, if it were me, I'd rather have Louis as a teacher than some of the others. He's more mature and experienced than some of the young bucks like Maks and Alex. (Besides, with those two, I'd spend the whole time drooling rather than listening).

I wish Priscilla well, but I doubt she last too long, especially when she gets into the livier dances.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;2865342;
    I was chuckling the other day recalling he roll as "Jane" in Naked Gun.

That scene with her and "Frank" getting tangled up in the gigantic condom.
    Funny you mention that, because I was just watching a local ABC tv entertainment show about 15 minutes ago, and in one segment they had an interview with Leslie Nielson, taped sometime in the past 6 days. I know it was in the past 6 days because the interviewer asked him if he watched Priscilla's debut on DWtS, and he said he did and that he wasn't at all surprised by how well she did because when they filmed the Naked Gun movies that she had a lot of physical dexterity and did many of her own stunts when she didn't need to. He said he sent her flowers before her debut on Tuesday night, which I thought was very sweet. When asked if he would be in the audience cheering her on, he said he was working on a project on the east coast currently but hoped he would be able to arrange to be there at some point.

That would be great if he could make it!

Quote Originally Posted by aname
    I am one of the few here who really likes Louis. I am glad he is partnered with her. I think he does better with the slighter older ladies than the young girls (who he probably does push too much).
    I have to confess that I haven't liked Louis much previous to this season. Part of it was the reports of him being such a prima donna diva on the first DWtS tour, but part of it probably wasn't his fault. His season with Lisa 'Elephant Lips' Rinna soured me on him a bit by osmosis, because I got a bit tired of Lisa first, and she began to annoy me... so by association I didn't see him in a good light, either.

However, this season he's off to a good start with me, since he and Priscilla did so well on their first night out. And he sounded a bit more humbled in his intro video than he previously had, and that always helps me like someone more if they've previously seemed a bit too smug. So if he continues like that, and continues to do well with Priscilla, I'm prepared to turn my opinion of him around completely. I'm perfectly willing to give him a second chance to impress me as long as his head stays the correct size.

FORT Fogey

I don't find Pricilla interesting or particularly good. She is dull and shows no enthusiasm. Refusing to dance to an Elvis song is ridiculous, she was only married to him for 6 years! Have some fun with it! Life should not be this serious. If you don't want to be associated with the man then change back to your maiden name.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2873666;
    I don't find Pricilla interesting or particularly good. She is dull and shows no enthusiasm. Refusing to dance to an Elvis song is ridiculous, she was only married to him for 6 years! Have some fun with it! Life should not be this serious. If you don't want to be associated with the man then change back to your maiden name.
    I can understand where you're coming from, shoepie, and I'd normally agree, in general. But I think I can understand where Priscilla is coming from, too, in this case. I think it's probably a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't. I'm not a member of the huge Elvis Presley fan legions worldwide, but I know they must be huge in numbers, and I think I read somewhere that they still revere Priscilla for her part in his legacy, which would already then give her a good fan base for DWtS voting. So if she did dance to any Elvis music, I think there would probably be some voiced resentment accusing her of trying to use that connection to her advantage, of using her Elvis connection to try to get more votes than she might otherwise get. I don't know if this would happen, but I could see where some advisor, or Priscilla herself, might warn against that perception. I don't know for certain if that's her reasoning, but if it is, I can kind of understand that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast