+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Priscilla Presley & Louis van Amstel - Season 6

Re: Priscilla Presley & Louis van Amstel - Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;2853335;
    Elvis school of beauty.
    Okay, that had me laughing!!

You are correct though, when she first married him and had Lisa Marie, she wore alot of makeup, and dark eyeliner, but then again alot of women did during that time period.

She looked so beautiful in the Naked Gun and Dallas time periods, and now, well, it hurts me to look at her. Her cheekbones stick out so far it looks unnatural and then her lips, the little points on the top of the bow on the top lip, those drive me nuts to look at!!

I saw Lisa Marie in the audience, and thought she looked pretty good, although this pregnancy seems to be adding weight all over on her this time around, but then again she is older this time. I have always thought she looked alot like her mom and was pretty.
    "That which does not kill us, only makes us stronger"

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2848464;
    Priscilla isn't Elvis' daughter, she is his ex-wife. His daughter is Lisa Marie and she is almost identical to him, but in a good way. She is very pretty.
    Yeah, i found that out last night. They look very alike.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

All things considered (namely that she is 62) I thoght she did very well. Yes her face is a bit stiff, but is that better than being wrinkly? I think she overdid it, but I'm not against a little help now and then against aging.

Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by kyle3434;2854268;
    All things considered (namely that she is 62) I thoght she did very well. Yes her face is a bit stiff, but is that better than being wrinkly? I think she overdid it, but I'm not against a little help now and then against aging.

Kyle
    to FoRT, Kyle

As for being better than wrinkly, only the one who gets the plastic surgery can answer that. I have nothing against plastic surgery, and think if someone feels they'd like to get it to feel better about themselves or to correct some problem, and can afford it, then go for it! But there is good/successful plastic surger and there is bad/unsuccessful plastic surgery, and in Priscilla's specific case, hers was not good. She was once one of the most beautiful women in the world, by all rankings. Not any longer.

Her first cheek implants that she got back in the late '80's didn't look so bad and were fairly subtle, even though she was beautiful already. Then, around 2003, she decided to get even larger cheek implants and that procedure ruined her looks, along with a too-tight face lift and the lip reshaping (upper lip cupid's bow enhanced) and collagen. And that was the end of that beautiful beautiful face.

Priscilla before implants and procedures:

Late 1980's after her first cheek implants:

Circa 2003:

Most of us love Priscilla no matter what, but that doesn't mean her face won't be commented on, due to the extreme nature of what she looks like now and what she used to look like. Poor Cilla, I really do feel bad for her, even though it's what she wanted.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Great pictures! The "old face" with a few lines still would be more beautiful than what she ended up with!

I think it is the unatural "cheeks" and lips that make her seem so plastic. Take away the cheek implants and stop the lip injections and I think she would look 100% better.
    Tahoe bound....

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2856866;
    I think it is the unatural "cheeks" and lips that make her seem so plastic. Take away the cheek implants and stop the lip injections and I think she would look 100% better.
    She looked more natural when she was on Dinner Impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2856866;
    Yeah, I agree. Also, I think it would help if her hair color and style were softer or more appropriate to her age and face... her current hair color and style just are not flattering at all. In the photo at the very top of this thread, where she's posed with her partner, the DWtS hair and makeup people actually did a pretty good job of making her look better and softer. But as we saw this week in rehearsal clips and in the live performance, she usually has her own 'hard' look in hair and makeup.

It's the nostalgic in me, I suppose, but I just so badly want Cilla to go out there on stage and show viewers just how beautiful she can be, how beautiful she was. Although she's always been shy and somewhat averse to publicity, before the plastic surgeries, she seemed so much more confident and comfortable than she does now, and she never used to hold her head down in that angle she does now, which makes me wonder if she herself is somewhat self-conscious about her looks post-procedures.

I hope she's able to relax a bit more as the season progresses, as long as she's on. I hope she's able to feel she can fit into the well-known feeling of family that goes on between most of the pros/celebs each season.
    Last edited by Nemeses; 03-20-2008 at 02:48 PM.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I agree that Pricilla Presley looks waaaay over-botoxed, over-surgeried, and over-implanted. She was a natural beauty with gorgeous bone structure and now it is way out of whack. Being a couple of years older than her, I have contemplated surgery and/or botox/rystelene. However, I have exercised and kept my weight down, stayed of out of the sun, and used loads of moisturizer over the years. I am in good shape and have few wrinkles. The only thing I'd get fixed are my under-eye bags and I hear there is a procedure to do them non-invasively. I am afraid to try surgery because I see all these beautiful actresses who have loads of $ to afford the very best surgeons and yet many of them look just this side of the cat lady.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by aname;2857640;
    I agree that Pricilla Presley looks waaaay over-botoxed, over-surgeried, and over-implanted. She was a natural beauty with gorgeous bone structure and now it is way out of whack. Being a couple of years older than her, I have contemplated surgery and/or botox/rystelene. However, I have exercised and kept my weight down, stayed of out of the sun, and used loads of moisturizer over the years. I am in good shape and have few wrinkles. The only thing I'd get fixed are my under-eye bags and I hear there is a procedure to do them non-invasively. I am afraid to try surgery because I see all these beautiful actresses who have loads of $ to afford the very best surgeons and yet many of them look just this side of the cat lady.
    The problem seems to be with people who don't know when to stop having procedures. Personally, I never saw a reason for Priscilla to have anything done at all, but if she'd stopped with the original cheek implants, she'd probably look fine. They say that some people are addicted to having procedures - and if they look hard enough, they'll find a doctor willing to do them regardless of the patient's psychological problems.

I had to have surgery on my nose a couple of years ago (for medical reasons) and it was an unpleasant experience. I can't imagine going through that kind of discomfort unnecessarily. Guess there's no cosmetic surgery in my future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast