Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Marlee Matlin & Fabian Sanchez - Season 6

Marlee Matlin & Fabian Sanchez - Season 6

PROFESSION:
    Academy Award winning actress

PARTNER:
    Fabian Sanchez

BACKGROUND:
    Marlee Matlin received worldwide critical acclaim for her film debut in Children of a Lesser God, for which she received the Academy Award for Best Actress. At 21, she became the youngest recipient of the Best Actress Oscar and only one of four actresses to receive the honor for her film debut. In addition to the Oscar, Marlee received the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Drama. She has since appeared on a number of hit television programs including The West Wing, The L-Word, Nip/Tuck, and Desperate Housewives. In Spring 2008, she will star opposite Jeff Daniels in the telefilm, Sweet Nothing In My Ear.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: Marlee Matlin & Fabian Sanchez - Season 6

She will be interesting to watch. I think she will do fine dancing as long as she can feel the vibrations of the music.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

true. I expect to hear the bass ramped up a bit when she is dancing.

I have always liked her. I really loved her when she guested on SPIN CITY and gave Michael J Fox such a hard time (as characters) it was so fun.

I've very curious about watching this duo dance. I want to know what/how/if any special techniques are used to help feel the music. I really just want to see what they can do because I know she'll do well. I'm definitely interested in seeing their first dance!

Well, this is like Heather Mills Part II. Except Marlee is a really nice sympathetic person and Heather wasn't. But the gimmicky feel is similar.

I certainly don't think dance is beyond her, but I just don't think you can truly excel unless you can REALLY feel the music. And trying to feel vibrations or something like that seems like it would just be too subtle a skill to accomplish under any kind of pressure.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I'll really be pulling for Marlee to do her best and go very far.

She has already gained a ton of respect from me for having the guts to step out and try this.

And kudos to Fabian, as well.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I read somewhere that Marlee had a special implant put in her ear that will help her in hearing the music (not that much better, however). I really like Marlee but I hope this doesn't turn into another Heather Mills where the judges say they won't give her special treatment but her disability if all they talk about.

From rehearsal footage I've see, Marlee is doing great.

I really don't see Marlee letting them 'use' her like they did Heather (although she made as big a deal out of it as the show did). Marlee has always been lowkey about her deafness, and just approached everything as a full hearing person would.
    I expect her to do well and look forward to her progress.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2843748;
    I've very curious about watching this duo dance. I want to know what/how/if any special techniques are used to help feel the music. I really just want to see what they can do because I know she'll do well. I'm definitely interested in seeing their first dance!
    I read an article somewhere about Marlee and Fabian. He said that she actually does better than some people because she can't hear the music. She has to rely completely on her partner to lead her and he says she never misses a beat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast