+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Marlee Matlin & Fabian Sanchez - Season 6

Re: Marlee Matlin & Fabian Sanchez - Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman;2929004;
    I am sorry I just re watched I have it here on my computer. Yes she is off and after that she does not get herself back but she definitely does not look pissed off as you say. She is still smiling.
    I agree that she didn't look pissed off during the dance. After the dance she looked disapointed with herself. She knows she made a mistake and those can be very costly at this stage of the competition. To me that says SHE CARES! She wants to stay in this thing a lot. I think that most of the remaining celebrities also care and want to stay in it, more so than in previous years. The exception last week was Priscilla, who was voted off.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2920439;
    I just listened to a Youtube copy of their segment.
    He says, EXACTLY, "I'm talkin' bitch, you can't hear me".

No. Fabian did NOT say Bitch, I've seen the segment several times. He says "I'm talkin' butchu can't hear me". Slurring the words but you together.

They have a wonderful relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;2929149;

No. Fabian did NOT say Bitch, I've seen the segment several times. He says "I'm talkin' butchu can't hear me". Slurring the words but you together.

They have a wonderful relationship.
    I went back to my HDTV DVR recording and checked it (better sound quality for old ears like mine than YouTube). Tango is right. He said "but you".

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2929090;
    OT: I wonder what is considered when matching the celeb pros with the "celebretities"? I wonder if some of the more popular pros get some more consideration. I wouldn't be surprised if Jualianne took the hit with Adam because of her singing career timeframe.
    There are a lot of things taken into consideration for the matchings including personality, height, and ability to work with different types of people.

I think Julianne's matching with Adam this season may have had something to do with her CD release, but I think the major reason was to prevent her from becoming a 3-time winner, just as they did with Cheryl after her two consecutive wins.

I think they frequently pair Kym Johnson with weaker dancers because her personality may be slightly less competitive and, good or bad, she treats them kindly.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;2929172;
    I went back to my HDTV DVR recording and checked it (better sound quality for old ears like mine than YouTube). Tango is right. He said "but you".
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2929090;
    Good point. The really good dancers are separated from the pack when the format moves to two dances. Marlee may not be a natural dancer and is working with somewhat of a disability.

OT: I wonder what is considered when matching the celeb pros with the "celebretities"? I wonder if some of the more popular pros get some more consideration. I wouldn't be surprised if Jualianne took the hit with Adam because of her singing career timeframe.
    I think Marlee IS a natural dancer. She is naturally graceful and moves very well. I do agree, though, that it's going to be challenging to learn two dances, because the communication issues would have to slow things down.

There's really no way around that. Her learning process must be slower than that of hearing people who can watch their partner demo something and listen to the instructions at the same time.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2930507;
    There's really no way around that. Her learning process must be slower than that of hearing people who can watch their partner demo something and listen to the instructions at the same time.
    It does take more time when they have to stop and he has to explain but not significantly. Learning is not the problem, she seems to be picking up the moves much quicker than many of the others-it's getting the timing right when she doesn't have audio clues to know where she should be at and has to find other was. That is not easy when trying to remember the steps and having to closely watch every thing else to get visual cues to what she should be doing at the same time. It splits your focus. To do that for 2 different dances makes it twice as hard.

Adam, Priscilla and the others that have already gone home were able to hear the instructions and watch the demo at the same time. Hearing had no bearing on the speed of their learning process

For the first time last night I found myself really noticing all the physical cues Fabian was giving Marlee in order for her to be in time to the music. I never really noticed it before, but last night it was very obvious (at least to me).

I can't even imagine how it is going to be with two dances? Fabian has done a great job with her this season and I hope he comes back next season.
    Tahoe bound....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2937900;
    For the first time last night I found myself really noticing all the physical cues Fabian was giving Marlee in order for her to be in time to the music. I never really noticed it before, but last night it was very obvious (at least to me).

I can't even imagine how it is going to be with two dances? Fabian has done a great job with her this season and I hope he comes back next season.
    I notice what I assume are cues, too. He grabs her arm in a certain ways to direct her.

What a challenge this must be for him/them, but I think they are doing a spectacular job.

I'm not sure it's going to matter - she should be going home tonight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast