+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Adam Carolla & Julianne Hough - Season 6

Re: Adam Carolla & Julianne Hough - Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2869716;
    He used a word that is used on scripted, taped, shows even in the 8PM hour. In his line of work, he's got to know FCC regulations backwards and fowards. If it's okay for the word to be used on Friends (and it was) then its okay for him to use it in a spontaneous unscripted moment.
    Sorry, but 'being able' to use a word doesn't make it appropriate everywhere, and doesn't mean you should feel free to use it anytime you want. The DWtS audience is not an appropriate place to use it, no matter how anyone tries to justify it. Too bad the pig doesn't know what sandbox he's playing in.
    Last edited by Nemeses; 03-26-2008 at 01:08 PM.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Won't be a popular opinion, but I always found Adam to be hysterical on LoveLine, so I'm not having the problem others seem to be with his dry humor.

Now as for his dancing.......egads, the guy has got to go next!

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;2872387;
    Won't be a popular opinion, but I always found Adam to be hysterical on LoveLine, so I'm not having the problem others seem to be with his dry humor.

Now as for his dancing.......egads, the guy has got to go next!
    It's not his alleged sense of humor that's the problem on DWtS, Kresge, it's that he's using language inappropriate for the show and it's audience. Outside of DWtS, I doubt if anyone gives a flying fig what he says elsewhere.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2872427;
    It's not his alleged sense of humor that's the problem on DWtS, Kresge, it's that he's using language inappropriate for the show and it's audience. Outside of DWtS, I doubt if anyone gives a flying fig what he says elsewhere.
    Nemeses, I appreciate that in your eyes, it is inappropriate language. But ABC did not deem it inappropriate enough to bleep it, or to make sure it wasn't brought up again on the show. The FCC does not find it inappropriate enough to forbid the word to be used. Networks beyond ABC do not find it inappropriate given that they allow the word to be used on scripted, taped shows where they'd have the power to take it out if they so chose. So based on all of the rules that Adam has to play by - primarily ABC and the FCC - he did not do anything that was inappropriate. You disagree with the FCC and ABC, and I respect that. But if you concede that Adam's type of humor is acceptable in other places, I'm not sure what the distinction is for DWTS since it fits within the rules of the government body overseeing it, AND the network.
    Last edited by Veruka; 03-27-2008 at 08:55 AM.

If someone called me a bitch on a scripted show, I'd ask for my paycheck.
    If someone called me a bitch on an unscripted national tv show, I'd ask for his head on a platter.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2872876;
    Nemeses, I appreciate that in your eyes, it is inappropriate language. But ABC did not deem it inappropriate enough to bleep it, or to make sure it wasn't brought up again on the show. The FCC does not find it inappropriate enough to forbid the word to be used. Networks beyond ABC do not find it inappropriate given that they allow the word to be used on scripted, taped shows where they'd have the power to take it out if they so chose. So based on all of the rules that Adam has to play by - primarily ABC and the FCC - he did not do anything that was inappropriate. You disagree with the FCC and ABC, and I respect that. But if you concede that Adam's type of humor is acceptable in other places, I'm not sure what the distinction is for DWTS since it fits within the rules of the government body overseeing it, AND the network.
    Again, just because someone can do something doesn't mean they should do something. This is the difference between being a child and being an adult, is that adults can look at a situation and the people in it and decide how to behave. Any moron and his agent, especially one in the entertainment business, can look at DWtS and find out the demographics of the viewers and know that calling a co-castmate an obscene name on the air live is not appropriate. Apparently this pig either isn't smart enough to even be a moron, or he is and just isn't able to control his mouth.

Appropriateness is not limited to a definition of 'not breaking the rules', there is much more involved, and this show was not an appropriate place to call Carrie Ann, or anyone else, what he did. There is a difference between allowed and appropriate. Used when it was and how it was, it was inappropriate in every sense of the word.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2872880;
    If someone called me a bitch on an unscripted national tv show, I'd ask for his head on a platter.
    Bingo, DR

FORT Fogey

But if it is done a show like LoveLine, its okay? That is the part i don't understand. I can appreciate that humor is relative, and not everyone finds the same thing funny. I just don't understand why you'll concede that Adam's brand of humor is fine in some places (meaning that it would be okay to call someone a bitch unscripted ... because he has on the shows that are all about his brand of humor) but not in others. It seems like a double standard to me, which is what I don't understand.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2872880;
    Frankly I don't think that word should just be thrown around anyway, but again, it's all about the audience. He called a judge on a show he's competing on something he shouldn't have (or called anyone on the show names for that matter) and whether kidding or not, it was inappropriate. I don't care if that's his humor. Nemeses, I've agreed with everything you've said on the issue.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-27-2008 at 01:59 PM.

Anybody recall last season when Carrie Ann dinged Jane Seymour and Tony Dovolani for what Carrie Ann said was an illegal lift during a waltz they were doing?

The roof was nearly blown off the ballroom.

Jane and Tony --- of course --- disagreed with Carrie Ann's call, and made absolutely no bones about saying so.

Did they refer to her as a bitch?

No.

Did they refer to her as any other ugly name, cast aspersions on her parentage, say she resembled a sea creature with makeup and jewels, or anything else?

No.

Did Carrie Ann back down on her call?

No.

Did Jane, Tony and/or pretty much everyone else in the free world back down on theirs?

No.

Fast forward to THIS season . . .

Adam gets what he feels (apparently) is a low/unfair score from Carrie Ann.

How does HE respond?

We ALL know the answer to that.

JMHO, but, to me, the two situations illustrate the difference between being an adult, and being a child with no sense of decorum and/or common sense trapped in a chronological adult's body.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread