+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: Adam Carolla & Julianne Hough - Season 6

FORT Fan

Re: Adam Carolla & Julianne Hough - Season 6

I kinda liked Adam's humor, even though I'm basically an old fart. He did work hard and improved, and went out with class. He gave an interview saying that he'd rather go a bit early than be the one hanging on while better dancers were eliminated. There's an admirable sentiment for you.

Quote Originally Posted by weary;2909673;
    He gave an interview saying that he'd rather go a bit early than be the one hanging on while better dancers were eliminated. There's an admirable sentiment for you.

Yes it is.

Another great example of why I WISH the man had shown this side of himself when he was still on the show.

I'm a sucker for classy behavior on TV shows (well, I actually watch "Flavor of Love", so I guess that's debatable), and it's just really sad to know that there was at LEAST a glimmer of that in hm, but the other side was so dominant we never really got to see it.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness;2906585;
    Yeah, I'll give it up to him for his exit.

Could not STAND Adam, but I will give him props for a class bow-out. I honestly would've never thought he had it in him had I not seen it.

It's really too bad that he didn't show more of this side of himself while he was on the show.

Maybe a lot of people wouldn't've been calling for his head had he done so and he might've been on the show longer, to develop more as a dancer.

*Sighs* Too little, too late.
    I think those of us who weren't so put off by his humor that we couldn't see anything else did see that side of him during the show. It was always clear to me that he and Julianne had an affectionate relationship, and I figured that wouldn't be the case if he weren't treating her with respect and showing that he valued her as a person.

It was also clear that she sometimes didn't know how to respond to his humor, but that didn't seem to get in the way of them having a good relationship and enjoying each other's company.

I was familiar with Adam from watching his TV shows in the past, and I never found him to be a mean-spirited comedian. I've always thought that he seemed pretty good-hearted. I'm not offended by crass/brash humor, so I don't see being kind and having a somewhat caustic comedic style as being mutually exclusive.
    Last edited by Miss_Griss; 04-11-2008 at 01:13 AM.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2910711;
    I think those of us who weren't so put off by his humor that we couldn't see anything else did see that side of him during the show. It was always clear to me that he and Julianne had an affectionate relationship, and I figured that wouldn't be the case if he weren't treating her with respect and showing that he valued her as a person.

It was also clear that she sometimes didn't know how to respond to his humor, but that didn't seem to get in the way of them having a good relationship and enjoying each other's company.

I was familiar with Adam from watching his TV shows in the past, and I never found him to be a mean-spirited comedian. I've always thought that he seemed pretty good-hearted. I'm not offended by crass/brash humor, so I don't see being kind and having a somewhat caustic comedic style as being mutually exclusive.
    Nor do I, Miss Griss, and they're not.

I'm a firm believer that one man's trash is another man's treasure.

And I DO enjoy listening to others' reasonable opinions and comments, and having other aspects of a situation pointed out to me in a reasonable manner. That's how we learn (well, at least that's one of the ways that I learn, anyway!), and that's why I like the FoRT as much as I do!

It's OK for everybody to have an opinion, here.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2910711;
    I think those of us who weren't so put off by his humor that we couldn't see anything else did see that side of him during the show.
    You bet. I'm not overly familiar with his work, but I've always had the impression that he was a pretty good guy with a snarky sense of humour (unlike sooooo many FORT posters ) and I never quite understood the level of hatred people had towards him. But there you go, I never understood the Marie love either, so it would seem that I'm completely out of the loop on what is acceptable.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2911167;
    You bet. I'm not overly familiar with his work, but I've always had the impression that he was a pretty good guy with a snarky sense of humour (unlike sooooo many FORT posters ) and I never quite understood the level of hatred people had towards him. But there you go, I never understood the Marie love either, so it would seem that I'm completely out of the loop on what is acceptable.
    Having done what was acceptable for most of my life, I can say with a high degree of certainty that it's highly overrated.

Loosening up and learning to take things less seriously has been a good thing.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

After watching Adam and julianne on the Kimmel show I have even more respect for Adam. He joked about how he lost his dad to a stroke at 60 and something about his twins (does he have kids?)... So he used comedy instead of emotion to appeal to voters. He wasn't the best dancer and wasn't going to be the best dancer, so I was okay with him leaving. After all it is a dancing competition. It was agonizing to watch Marie last year, when she wasn't as good as the other dancers and even WORSE to watch Billy Ray Cyrus continue to get votes when he was downright terrible (even in his own description). So I really think it was a good choice to send Adam home early. I am hoping that like ... oh dang his name just slipped my mind... the guy who does the sports stuff... Anyway, it would be great if Adam came back and did cameo's for DWTS.

While we're on Adam, how come Jimmy doesn't go on DWTS as a Star? I think it would be FANTASTIC to see him on there... I'd like to see Kelly Ripa, too, but that girl already has too many irons in the fire!

HI Chef.. are you thinking of Kenny Mayne(sp)? Ha ha... those two together would make an awesome "news team".
    Tahoe bound....

I think Jimmy would be an amazing candidate for DWTS. I don't think he'd be able to devote all the time, but still, I think pairing him with Julieanne would have done wonders this season!

FORT Fogey

I just caught Julianne performing on GMA. I am not a country music fan, but her song is pretty good. She is lucky that, thanks to DWTS, she is getting all of this publicity for her debut CD. I heard that she is also doing the National Anthem at the Indy 500 this weekend. Hopefully she will bring Helio good luck!

+ Reply to Thread