+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Adam Carolla & Julianne Hough - Season 6

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Adam Carolla & Julianne Hough - Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by ness;2874869;

Hey, Dude!

Love Julianne! Always have!

It's just too bad that TPTB chose Carolla for her partner, this season.
    Which is the one reason I can't stomach seeing her in for one more episode. It almost feels like putting her out of her misery to get rid of her and Adam. Seriously, it'll be a farce if she/Adam make it far just because of her. But I'll be just as sad to see her go when the time comes It'd be interesting to give these people quality partners and see if they really could 3-peat.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;2874884;
    Which is the one reason I can't stomach seeing her in for one more episode. It almost feels like putting her out of her misery to get rid of her and Adam. Seriously, it'll be a farce if she/Adam make it far just because of her. But I'll be just as sad to see her go when the time comes It'd be interesting to give these people quality partners and see if they really could 3-peat.
    *Sighs*

Y'know, I think you're right, kara. My opinion is that had it not been for him being Julianne's partner --- to be blunt about it, her fanbase carrying them through --- he would've been gone this week, instead of Penn. So, they may go very far just because of her, which, as much as I like seeing Julianne, WOULD be a farce.

Although, whenever she goes, I'll miss her just like I missed Cheryl during the past two seasons when she left.

Y'know, I'm seriously starting to wonder if there isn't some sort of DWTS "Three-Peat Curse" going on!

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Well, I just got an unexpected surprise related to my work. Tickets to a concert in Albuquerque in June to a Brad Paisley concert, and on the same performing ticket is Julianne Hough. Nice to see she'll be out promoting her CD and that she's on a ticket with a good draw. I hate to say it but I'm torn.... I love Julianne on DWtS and would hate to see her leave the show, but at the same time, I wish her all the best in her music career, too. If she does great, I'm sure she'll devote her time to that, and I'll miss her on DWtS, but I hope her dreams come true in a singing career, too.

Good luck, Julianne
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2874923;
    Well, I just got an unexpected surprise related to my work. Tickets to a concert in Albuquerque in June to a Brad Paisley concert, and on the same performing ticket is Julianne Hough. Nice to see she'll be out promoting her CD and that she's on a ticket with a good draw. I hate to say it but I'm torn.... I love Julianne on DWtS and would hate to see her leave the show, but at the same time, I wish her all the best in her music career, too. If she does great, I'm sure she'll devote her time to that, and I'll miss her on DWtS, but I hope her dreams come true in a singing career, too.

Good luck, Julianne
    Bless her heart, I hope Julianne goes far with her singing career. I've heard a little of her single and have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised. She really sounded good!

The way things seem to be going for her overall, she might wind up being one of those triple-threat people . . . Dancer, singer, actress.

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ness;2874938;
    Bless her heart, I hope Julianne goes far with her singing career. I've heard a little of her single and have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised. She really sounded good!

The way things seem to be going for her overall, she might wind up being one of those triple-threat people . . . Dancer, singer, actress.

If Julianne has a lot of success with her singing, I guess that means we won't be seeing her back as a dancer for season 7 But I, too, wish her the best and hope she has a lot of success. She's got a lot going for her.

Although, whenever she goes, I'll miss her just like I missed Cheryl during the past two seasons when she left.
    Ian/Cheryl were my favorite couple for DWTS4 but there was no beating Apolo/Julianne and Joey/Kym. Last season, I felt for all the women pros, minus Julianne, because they either got stuck with duds or didn't have a prayer with the judges. I'm really hoping that Cheryl has a chance this year with her new partner. She's always been one of my favorite pros.

Y'know, I think you're right, kara. My opinion is that had it not been for him being Julianne's partner --- to be blunt about it, her fanbase carrying them through --- he would've been gone this week, instead of Penn. So, they may go very far just because of her, which, as much as I like seeing Julianne, WOULD be a farce.
    The pros, at this point, are just as popular if not more so than the celebs. And not to mention more recognizable in some cases. But I do agree that if Adam had been paired with Karina, Anna, and probably even Edyta and Kym he'd be gone. Maybe with Cheryl he would have made it, but that's iffy, too.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2874923;
    Well, I just got an unexpected surprise related to my work. Tickets to a concert in Albuquerque in June to a Brad Paisley concert, and on the same performing ticket is Julianne Hough.
    Good luck, Julianne

Fun news! Enjoy the show. I've seen Brad in concert, the guy has mad guitar skills. Good for Julianne for pursuing her other talents. Love her!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2874727;

(you can just use the email associated with my FoRT profile here, it's valid)
    It's pieces of paper in a file drawer, and I don't have a scanner. I'd have to mail hard copies.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2874855;
    I think this is all a tempest in a teacup. "Bitch" is neither too inflammatory nor too offensive for primetime as evidenced by it's presence on numerous shows. On The Bachelor which runs right after DWTS on ABC, you can hear "bitch" on any given episode. Some people may be bothered by it, others not and that's pretty much it.

It's like with everything else. I was gagging every time the Osmonds were on screen last season, the whole sorry lot of them, while others worshiped the ground Marie and her skeevy brother walked on. To each his own. I'm more bothered by the crappy music and the lousy dancing some of these people do. Adam is a shock comedian. He'll say stuff to get a rise out of people, and I think it's working like a charm for him.
    MsFroggy, you are on fire with the being correct about things this week .

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2874579;
    I think that you are underestimating the percentage of the DWTS audience who heard the comment and found it humorous.
    And possibly also the number of viewers who didn't even notice it being said. I was watching, I was listening, and it didn't cause the slightest blip on my "I'm Offended" radar, though admittedly, something actually has to be offensive to offend me.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2872989;
    Bingo, DR
    I guess you didn't watch the Gauntlet III reunion show on MTV. Every other word out of Katie and Coral's mouths are motherf*, f***, and of course bitch. Flavor of Love, Rock of Love, Big Girls are not much better. There is also Making the Band, Girlicious and America's Next Top Model. Ah...let's not forget Celebrity Fit Club and the various celebrity meltdowns.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2876100;
    I guess you didn't watch the Gauntlet III reunion show on MTV. Every other word out of Katie and Coral's mouths are motherf*, f***, and of course bitch. Flavor of Love, Rock of Love, Big Girls are not much better. There is also Making the Band, Girlicious and America's Next Top Model. Ah...let's not forget Celebrity Fit Club and the various celebrity meltdowns.
    I think these types of shows, that you've listed, are in a different category than DWTS. I think those types of words/comments are more expected from the shows above. I find DWTS to be a "classier" reality show. As classy as reality can be. I think that it caters to a different genre of people than do the others. I don't really care for Adam and at times I find him to be over the top and far too crude, but at the same time there are far worse people they could have got to be on the show. Either way, I really don't see him making it much farther. I just don't think he has the skill regardless of personality.

+ Reply to Thread