+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526

Thread: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I have consistantly thought that the music can either work for or against the couple. Since they have no choice in the dance I think this is a factor that could be worked on to make things a tad more fair. For instance: If a couple has a romantic song with a romantic dance it works in the couple's favor and visa versa. An awkward song can REALLY hurt the appearance of the performance, jmo. I tend to think that if we went back over the best performances they had a good song to work with and the worst performances may very well have started with an awkward song.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2664257;
    This Quickstep was terrific! Full of energy, great footwork, There was one kick that Julianne did that looked very awkward to me, but everything else was great. These 10ís were well-deserved.
    I saw that kick with the left leg, and I thought , "What the h. was that??" Glad you caught it too, because I thought I was just imagining it! That was the only obvious flaw that I saw in their dance. It was very unlike her.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2664869;
    I saw that kick with the left leg, and I thought , "What the h. was that??" Glad you caught it too, because I thought I was just imagining it! That was the only obvious flaw that I saw in their dance. It was very unlike her.
    I saw that too and thought that it MUST have been a legitimate move and that maybe I'd misjudged celebs when they did the same sort of move. So, that WAS a mistake on her part?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think so, because there was nothing "pretty" or fluid about the move. It totally didn't fit in with the rest of the dance. I'd be willing to bet that she was not happy with it when she watched it in rerun.

Other than that, they did an excellent job with that performance. No matter what couple I like or don't like, I believe in giving credit where credit is due....and that 30 was well earned!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

That 30 was absolutely well-earned. I've never really cared for Julianne. Both this season and last, I think she's one of the few dancers who thinks that the show is as much or more about her as it is her partner. And my bias against her has led me to dislike her partners, justified or not. With that much bias against them, not far into their dance, I was watching it mesmerized, realizing it was something special. They just nailed every little bit of that dance. It was a definite wow, and the wow's deserve 30s.

I always keep in mind that Juliann is ONLY 19 and I'm amazed that she's so good as such a young age, so I cut her some slack. I agree with the 30 being an appropriate score.

JMHO . . .

Love Marie, I do, but . . . I think it's her time to go.

Do I think it's gonna happen? No. I'd be VERY surprised if it did.

Cameron? Not exactly jumping up and down with joy about his dancing, either. If Marie doesn't go, I think he should be next.

Jennie? Even as unsure of herself as she still is, I believe she's better than Cameron and/or Marie.

Mel and Helio? Love Helio, can take or leave Mel, at times, but they are the best on the floor, right now. It could/should come down to a two-horse race between 'em.

Then again, you never know WHAT the public will do, so anybody could be out.

JMHO.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2664869;
    I saw that also...but I thought it was the angle..it may have looked normal from the other side. I love them!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ness;2665734;
    JMHO . . .

Love Marie, I do, but . . . I think it's her time to go.

Do I think it's gonna happen? No. I'd be VERY surprised if it did.

Cameron? Not exactly jumping up and down with joy about his dancing, either. If Marie doesn't go, I think he should be next.

Jennie? Even as unsure of herself as she still is, I believe she's better than Cameron and/or Marie.

Mel and Helio? Love Helio, can take or leave Mel, at times, but they are the best on the floor, right now. It could/should come down to a two-horse race between 'em.

Then again, you never know WHAT the public will do, so anybody could be out.

JMHO.
    I agree with you about Marie and Jonathan...it is time for then them to go...but it you watched the Oprah show...between her family and the close to 10,000,000 viewers that watched that episode, she has an amazing Fan base. She may be win this just on the Fans voiting!

+ Reply to Thread