+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 11/6 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/6 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2653708;
    Where can you see the results of the fan voting?
    The only approximation you might get would be through dialidol...

;0))

PK

ETA... And I might add, I just looked, and they nailed the last two weeks...
    Last edited by PK...; 11-07-2007 at 05:36 PM.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by CdnINXSFan;2654482;
    Jerry Springer thanked people for letting him go. I don't think Wayne Newton was all that unhappy to go home either.
    As he said in several post-elimination interviews, Jerry was joking when he said that, he said he would have loved to have stayed for the entire season, but he recognized that there were better dancers than he. On a sidenote, before his season with DWtS, I thought of Jerry Springer as being about on par with pond scum, so I was so pleasantly surprised when he turned out to be such a funny, charming guy on DWtS. That's another reason I love the wide mix of celebs they get on the show, it's such a great way to see a different side of their personalities.

As for Wayne.... I have no idea if he was happy or unhappy, though we do know that less than a week after his elimination, he had to go see a heart doctor because he was experiencing health problems during the time he was on the show. (Not saying it was due to the physical stress of the show, it may or may not have been something he'd already been experiencing, I don't know)

But the point isn't that the season was/is/may be hard on the older ones -- or not -- the point is that they still gave it a go, and we the viewers still got entertained by them. I love the mix of ages in the show, and as others here have said, and I agree with... it's that mix that makes it a show anyone can enjoy.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I personally would hate a show that was all older set because it would be (for the most part) boring. Sorry but the fact is that the majority of the "older" people they get on this show just can't keep up.

I like the mixed group because it gives me the wow factor in watching the young ones strut their stuff and then the awwww factor in watching the older ones get so much joy out of just being on the dance floor.

One thing that remains a constant for all age groups is that they UNDER estimate the time and hard work involved from one season to the next no matter HOW much the people before them talk about it. Maybe it is just the celebrity ego that can't except it until they are knee deep into it.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2654761;
    One thing that remains a constant for all age groups is that they UNDER estimate the time and hard work involved from one season to the next no matter HOW much the people before them talk about it. Maybe it is just the celebrity ego that can't except it until they are knee deep into it.
    I'm not sure it's celebrity ego. Before I had children of my own, no matter what people told me about child rearing nothing they said really prepared me for just how hard it actually was, especially when my kids were babies. Of course I wouldn't trade the experience for the world. I'm sure these celebrities are experiencing the same thing. While nothing they've heard from past contestants can really prepare them for just how hard this is, they all say they are having the time of their lives and wouldn't trade the experience for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2654761;
    Maybe it is just the celebrity ego that can't except it until they are knee deep into it.
    I wouldn't be surprised, dberk.

And DivaDancer, I also wouldn't be surprised if some of these celebs (the female ones, anyway) aren't comparing the pains and aches of dance training with labor pains also.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Hey...

I don't know what you are intimating about us "older folk".... I have been trying to get rid of Marie and Jane for weeks... <grin>

Please be careful about disparaging any demographic....

If Jane could cut it she would still be here... And IF Marie can, she will still be here... But she will not get my vote - not because she is "old" or not "old" enough... But because there are much better dancers out there...

(Hah... And all my votes belong to Cam... (IN the hope he will shed shirrt before all is said and done... <wink>)

FORT Fogey

I like the way you think PK.....a shirtless Cam!

And thanks for the info on the site for the phone results estimates. Cam's fans really came through this week.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2655157;
    I like the way you think PK.....a shirtless Cam!

And thanks for the info on the site for the phone results estimates. Cam's fans really came through this week.
    "We" got a wake up call last week...

;0))

PK "Lurves" Cam... Hah...

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2653873;
    I love ya, Broadway, but this is one I can't agree with you on. I was mortified listening to Rimes perform that song. After the show was over, I had to redeem myself to my ears by pulling out my DvD and watching Trisha's version of it over and over to wash out the Rimes version from my brain. (Of course, then I had to spend an hour crying, too, since that song always makes me cry But it was worth it to flush that other version out )

By the way, I'm not a fan of either Rimes or Yearwood, my preference of Yearwood's version is based on song performance only.
    Back atcha! And we don't disagree about last night's version... I didn't care for it, either. But normally she does a much better job with it. And her recorded version is better. But last night's was crap.

+ Reply to Thread