+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 11/6 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/6 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

A bittersweet night on the show. Enjoyable to watch, for the most part, but kind of sad for the reason Marie wasn't there.

As for the musical 'talent' tonight... very unsatisfying. Trisha Yearwood sings that song 'How Do I Live' soooooooooooo much better than Leann Rimes. I really disliked her version of it, and the weird things she was doing with her voice. I hate it when established singing stars try to get all fancy with their voice when it isn't needed. As for her second song, well I think I understood maybe two words in the entire song. She badly needs some diction lessons.

Dance Center returns, okay. I was never impressed with it, but don't hate it either. I guess they have to fill the time somehow.

No surprise that Jane was the one to go tonight, I think even she expected it tonight. But I enjoyed her while she was on, and am glad she was on this season. You did well, Jane.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2653014;
    Yes, the voters got it right this week. Bye Jane.
    They get it right every week, since, well, it is their vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi
    ........ I am one of the few Jane fans here. ......
    Oh no, there are MANY Jane fans here on FoRT, as past posts attest to.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus
    I'm guessing the reason they didn't have a bottom two this week was because Marie was the other half of the bottom two, and that would have been tactless.
    I doubt that's the reason. This isn't the first time they've played around with how they announce the team being eliminated that night, once they get down to just a few teams left. They always seem to be searching for the best dramatic angle on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    Uh...Marie Osmond's father died?? Gee he must have been over a 100 yrs old.
    He was 90, Bearcata. The articles about it are in the Marie & Jonathan thread.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I would almost bet money that Marie was in the bottom two, but since she wasn't on the show it would just add insult to injury. If she had been the lowest score, that would have presented a bit of a problem. I suppose she could have withdrawn...

Oh well, Jane should have left last week.
    Tahoe bound....

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2653218;
    Trisha Yearwood sings that song 'How Do I Live' soooooooooooo much better than Leann Rimes. I really disliked her version of it, and the weird things she was doing with her voice. I hate it when established singing stars try to get all fancy with their voice when it isn't needed.
    I so agree, Nemeses--those were the exact things that I was thinking when she was singing. She made me think of Reba McEntire with the weird vocal aerobics. I think that Reba has toned them down, but there was a period when she was tripling the number of syllables in half the lyrics. I do love the second song that she did; it has an awesome video. And at least she wasn't doing the nasal Nelly Furtado singing from last season. That was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2653259;
    I would almost bet money that Marie was in the bottom two,
    If I were a betting person, I'd bet the farm and the estate and the vault that she wasn't, that it was Cameron/Edyta who would have been there. Marie's fans are just way more active than his are, apparently, not to mention that her dancing has also been better.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2653543;
    If I were a betting person, I'd bet the farm and the estate and the vault that she wasn't, that it was Cameron/Edyta who would have been there. Marie's fans are just way more active than his are, apparently, not to mention that her dancing has also been better.
    I do not agree with that. If it had been Cam and Edyta, then I think they would have announced it in the "normal" way.

But, it really does not matter now, Cam gets to dance again next week and I think that is fantastic!! He is in the top five and that is a real accomplishment for someone like him who has really never danced before. I hope Cam, Helio and Jennie are in the final three because, IMO, they are the only ones of the group who have not been paid to entertain and dance before this.

FORT Regular

Even with Marie's tragedies,,,her self imposed fainting and her father dying, she needs to go next week. But I bet she gets alot of sympathy votes and stays another week.

Quote Originally Posted by ollie'sgal;2653661;
    Even with Marie's tragedies,,,her self imposed fainting and her father dying, she needs to go next week. But I bet she gets alot of sympathy votes and stays another week.
    Well, maybe we will be lucky and Helio goes instead then Marie/Cameron.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I rewatched the show and do not understand the equal scores for the great difference in performances, what is up with that?

As I watched the show again I have come to the conclusion that the real "stars" of this show are Julianne and her brother Derek. They are truly incredible and so mature in their body movements for their ages. It's a delight to watch them.

I heard that there is going to be a segment on 20/20 about them. I'd like to see that. They are just really a treasure and so much fun to watch. If I were Jennie I wouldn't have any trouble getting romantic with him even though he is much younger, he is so appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2653638;
    I do not agree with that. If it had been Cam and Edyta, then I think they would have announced it in the "normal" way
    I don't think Marie was in the bottom, either. I think they switch it up towards the end. According to various boards, HeliAnne was in the most trouble vote wise and needed at least a 4th in fan vote to avoid elimination.

I didn't worry about Cam that much due to the backlash voting from last week.

FORT Fogey

Where can you see the results of the fan voting?

+ Reply to Thread