+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Tom Bergeron - Host

Re: Tom Bergeron - Host

Yeah, I don't hate her, I'm just not a huge fan. But I do love Tom.
    ~Supernatural Addict~

Tom is a great host - and I'm told that he is what they call a "one take wonder". All his one-liners and quick quips are his, not scripted, which makes him great in my book! It's gotta be a lot harder to come up with stuff on your own, spur of the moment, then it would be to read a script. Yay for Tom (although my favorite host is Jeff Probst!)
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

FORT Regular

I read in my local newspaper that Tom has an autobiography that will be on sale April 7. There was some publicity about it in USA Weekend last weekend. I found it online at the USA Weekend site.
    Tom Bergeron can host anything, but I really like him on ABC's "Dancing With the Stars." What's his background? L.M. Alfano, Schenectady, N.Y.

Bergeron, 53, jokes, "I was a fetus when I got my first broadcasting job." He does seem born to his profession; still in high school, he had a radio job in Haverhill, Mass. He was at the top of his game when called to co-host the 2008 Emmys with other reality show hosts, but it was a disaster, he tells us: "It was five people who had very different styles. We couldn't agree even to the day of the show." Bergeron has a book due April 7, "I'm Hosting as Fast as I Can."
    USA WEEKEND Magazine

I'm looking forward to reading his book. Great title.

I would like to read that too. Thanks for the post!
    ~Supernatural Addict~

Thanks for the heads-up on his book! I'll definitely look for it. He's my favorite host as well, and I hope he gets that well-deserved Emmy. Samantha's gotten better, but I wouldn't be disappointed if they replaced her. She still makes me cringe sometimes. Tom, on the other hand, is always good for laugh! And he does it in such a way that's never mean-spirited (like Seacrest sometimes), or awkward (like Samantha most of the time). Go Tom!!!

Tom is awesome as a host. He gets just the right tone in his voice when he is talking to the contestants or the judges. And with Bruno as one of the judges I imagine he doesn't have to work too hard on those one liners. Bruno provides him with a lot of ammunition. His "She's 17 Bruno" was perfect when Bruno wanted Shawn to dirty up her dances.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Tom is definitely a great host. I love his banter with the judges. It's so comical and refreshing.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I agree. Tom and Phil Keoghan are my 2 favorite hosts on reality TV. No one else comes close. I feel like they only added that reality host category at the Emmy's because TAR kept winning year after year in the other reality show category, and Probst, Cowell, and Seacrest thought their shows were far superior. So did Trump but he doesn't count. Anyway, I think Tom deserves it. I read most of his banter with the judges isn't scripted, just his quick wit and sense of humor. When Bruno had his paddle backwards last week I couldn't wait to see what Tom was going to say. I still remember my favorite Tom moments going back to the first season.

Congrats to Tom! He won the Emmy tonight for Best Reality Show Host!

He totally deserves it...the show just wouldn't be the same without Tom as the host!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Finally, after a decade where the Academy thinks Amazing Race is the only reality show on TV, we get some justice!

Congrats to Tom, for a long overdue honor!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast