+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Tom Bergeron - Host

FORT Fogey

Re: Tom Bergeron - Host

AND he used to do a daily talk show in Boston called People Are Talking. I liked him way back then and was thrilled to see him emerge nationally.

Quote Originally Posted by DayByDay;2653618;
    Was the secret really that he got his start as a mime? I first heard Tom when he and his friends did the morning announcements at our high school.
    Yes, that was his secret, that he got his start in the entertainment business as a mime. If you've seen the WMS? show, you know that with celebs they always spend a few minutes before and after the round just talking to the celeb about different things, too, and during the chat, Tom did also mention the same story you did, about how he used to read morning announcements at school. If I remember right, it was in response to someone asking him if he was the type of guy who was always the class clown or cutup in school, and that's when he mentioned that story.

They showed a pic of Tom back when he performed as a mime, and he did a short bit live on the show for the audience and panel as a mime. He's pretty good, if you like mimes. The panel and the audience were really jazzed about Tom being their to share a secret, since he's loved by so many people.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I realized how much I liked Tom when Marie fainted. He handled it very well - and his line about it scaring the crp out of him was hilarious.

Hi there. I live in Europe so I download both the UK and US shows. Although I normally prefer English over America (my mom is English) , I find Tom a much better host than Bruce Forsythe. The latter really annoys the hell out of me, with his stupid jokes. He wants to hear himself talk all the time.

I like Tom.
    Crazy Foreign Woman

FORT Fogey

Love Tom. He's perfect for this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2660402;
    Love Tom. He's perfect for this show.
    It's amazing that EVERYONE seems to agree on this one! Quite an accomplishment for Tom.

I used to feel that Tom had that lounge lizard cheesiness about him but now I really like him. He has grown on me and it's nice to hear your comments about him to reinforce my new good will toward him.

Here's another vote for Tom! I just love him. What a classy guy. Very quick-witted and the PERFECT host for a live show. If only he had a decent co-host. He and Drew were very entertaining.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Count me in as one who adores Tom. His quick wit and charm add so much to the show.

FORT Regular

How can anyone not like Tom? Nothing more to say...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast