+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/30 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/30 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;2639483;
    bet there will be a lot of back lash about tonights shows on all the sites that talk about the show and the blogs and entertainment sites....A LOT

I DEMAND A RECOUNT

Yeah, you cant even get on the ABC boards, they are so flooded. It managed to load once in the past 5 minutes and all I see is a page full of posts by p*ssed off people.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;2639486;
    LMAO Army I did my post on this just now and the first thing that popped up was the ones before mine..yours and peek a boo..and I thought..oh crap...I posted this on the bachelor board...lol
    Ha. That's funny I did a double take as well! Go figure!

Oh well, night all. Extremely shocked that Sabrina will not be back.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2639478;
    Why is it wrong? I like Cam and I did not like Sabrina.
    Hey, I base it strictly on who dances better, who has the best performance, not who I like.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by armywife;2639511;
    Ha. That's funny I did a double take as well! Go figure!

Oh well, night all. Extremely shocked that Sabrina will not be back.
    Nite, nite Armywife!
    Peekaboo...I see you!

Ya know, think about it. Like it or not, many of the remaining folks have HUGE fan bases:
    Marie has all the Osmond family and china doll fans
    Cam has his AMC soap die-hard crowd
    Jane has the Dr. Quinn and graceful/elegant "older" generation
    Mel has the Spice Girl/TomKat/Beckham nation
    Jennie pulls in the same Drew/Ian/90210 crowd that's always a hit
    and even Helio is the cute Latin lover athlete that picks up where Apollo and Emmett left off

I know the Cheetahs are doing fine, but it's not like they've reached Spice Girl or even Pussy Cat Doll status. Lots of people don't know her and presume she'll skate thru on *her* fan base (and talent)...so they'll spend their votes on the ones the LIKE (as I did for Mark Cuban- NOT a great dancer).

Then again, many people like to see the left-footed underdog win this kind of thing. (Again, as I was for Mark Cuban!) Sabrina was one of the most "trained" dancers out there.

Watch out, Mel. You may be next!
    Last edited by cubsfan55; 10-30-2007 at 10:38 PM.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

FORT Fogey

The judges are the problem not America. The judges try so hard to manipulate the results that they end up screwing them up. Giving everyone triple 7's for varying performance levels, giving way too high of marks to certain stars each week cough Jennie, and giving a very high score to a star that is in the bottom two to save them cough Mel. Secondly, to compare Sabrina who has experience learning moves and choreography with a 56 and a 48 yr old non dancers is luducrous. They need to make all the stars have no experience with dance or all with experience with dance period.

I thought Sabrina was way too hyper and I hated that she did not have to try as hard as the others. I vote for whom has the positive attitude and who seems to be trying the most. Face it not everyone can learn to do the moves perfectly or have natural rhythm, but smiling and trying is more important. Are Cameron, Jane, and Marie the best no, but they are trying with the obstacles they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2639453;
    If Donny actually said that, he has lost every bit of respect I might have had for him. The powers that be knew just what her experience was when they signed her up, so obviously she wasn't a "cheater". Donny is an idiot.
    I saw his ET segment, I don't believe he said cheater but rather Chetah. As I heard, he said she was not an amateur but has dance training and is a choreagrapher. This is what I heard, I don't have it on tape or anything, so I'm not certain I'm accurate, that is just how I heard it. He also said he thought Jane was leaving. You're correct, the producers knew her background and signed her up. Probably thinking it would draw a younger audience.

He is biased, Marie is his sister. If Jane's husband was on the show he'd say she was going to stay, likewise any family member of any of the contestants. Like us, the celebrities have their favorites too. This really is more of a popularity contest, I didn't think Emmit Smith was very good, thought he lumbered and stomped his way to the trophy. He had an engaging personality and huge fan base and improved so he won. No biggie, it's not like this made or broke anyone's career. Actually, maybe it helped some careers that were dead. What do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat3006;2639495;
    It would be comparable to Joey Lawrence being kicked out before Jerry Springer ... Just plain ole' WRONG!!
    IIRC, Joey wasn't eliminated before Jerry Springer back on Season 3. You must be referring to either Vivica or Willa.

The Cheetah Girl (Sabrina) had the same advantage that Mario Lopez had. I'm actually shocked I just knew and expected the ABC guy to go. But I guess in reality, maybe her audience can only vote so many times. I hate that she was so broken up about it that she couldn't even dance. But it was nice that everyone rallied around she and her partner.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2639485;
    We need to rally the ABC soap fans to vote for Cam next week. No way did he deserve to be in the bottom two tonight.
    I could disagree more. He was the worse of the bunch. I hope they are not doing another Season 1 and voting the ABC guy in.

+ Reply to Thread