+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 10/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: 10/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I think a lot of great dancing comes from within. Some people are naturally gifted, and enjoy (and are not intimidated by) moving their bodies. It does not, necessarily, take "dance training" to bring that out. A dance class here, and a dance class there can just add to your enjoyment of what you are doing. Watching some good and, sometimes, old movies can inspire you to not be afraid to try some of the moves. Now, your control freaks, and those who don't want to look anything but absolutely perfect....you can usually tell those people a mile off....just like you can tell the people who just really do it for the joy that they get from it, in addition to whatever training they may have. Jane is a perfect example of the serious dance training, with the balletic background...what she did required serious discipline. Sabrina's dancing comes from a place of joy, and it doesn't hurt that she is totally turned on by her partner. I'm sure she'd had some dance classes, but I'd be willing to bet that she hasn't been involved in the high discipline classes that Jane has, but she really loves movement.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

AllyCat:
    You and I are on the same page! I truly wanted Mark Cuban to go on for another week...or 3! I think he's so much fun, so entertaining, for a multi-rich geek. !! And Helio is fiiiiiine by me.

bbnbama:
    We're on the same page, too! OK- so Marie is not my favorite of all time, but I just love how she laughs at herself and just tries to have fun...all while working her ARSE off! And JLo is not my favorite of all time either, but I do like her. She is multi-talented (most singers/actors have a few flops here and there), and she *is* simply gorgeous. (Can't say the same for her husband, tho-)

I'm surprised, however (unless I missed it), that no one has made comment on what Mark Cuban whispered in Kim's ear right after it was announced he was leaving. They were hugging and he "whispered" something in her ear which was also a bit audible.
    Did anyone else read his lips as he said: "Thank God it's over!"? I think this whole thing exhausted him!
    Impossible things are being done every day.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2626274;
    Of the seven who continue on, I would like to see either the Cheetah Girl or the Spice Girl go next.
    My favorites!

Without a doubt, Sabrina is the one to beat.

I am sorry to see Mark go and I will be sorry to see Jane go. I don't really feel like a fan of Cameron or Sabrina. I would like to see Helio go for awhile longer and even win but I don't think that will happen. Meh to Marie although I like her I don't like her as the "broad" she seems to think it necessary to portray. She should just be her regular self and not try to be a Sybil Shepard type "broad". Getting older and heavier should not carry a sentence of becoming a mouthy type broad like when Delta Burke got heavy her personality changed into a sassy type of "broad". It's sad that women will do this. I guess it's that loss of self when you don't feel like yourself, like you have to be funny and shocking to stay interesting. Sad....

Go Julianna and Derek. Two of the most talented siblings ever!!! Cute as buttons and talented as can be!!!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2626286;
    The two best dancers in the show??? Won't happen.... not THIS soon.

It'll be Marie, Jane, or Cameron next. And it should be, to be honest. They had damned well better give Jane a fast dance this week if they want to retain any semblance of non-favoritism.
    So then what is it that Sabrina keeps getting the fast ones? Jane was scheduled to do a jive the week her mom died, it was the producers who felt that would be inappropriate to ask that of her. This week she does the jive, so where's the favoritism?

Quote Originally Posted by mary262;2629897;
    So then what is it that Sabrina keeps getting the fast ones?
    She doesn't. She got the rumba, not the samba.

Let's face it....Sabrina is in her early 20s, and can probably dance anything she needs to dance. Jane is in her mid 50s, and there are some limitations tht will probably present themselves. Age does matter, but it's a fact of life!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2630807;
    Let's face it....Sabrina is in her early 20s, and can probably dance anything she needs to dance. Jane is in her mid 50s, and there are some limitations tht will probably present themselves. Age does matter, but it's a fact of life!
    Have you seen Chita Rivera dance? She was born in 1933 and is still performing rings around some younger dancers.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

She's spectacular. Hasn't Chita been dancing all her life? Jane has been acting.

+ Reply to Thread