+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 10/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: 10/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Loved Mel and Maks' encore. At the end Mel leaned against Maks really hard and he bent way back and she ended up with her chest in his face. lol

Sorta was hoping Mark would survive for another week and Jane go home. Sorry to say but Jane needs another speed.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Jennifer Lopez is sooooooooooo pregnant! She is showing and glowing!
    Peekaboo...I see you!

Quote Originally Posted by memorylane;2626292;
    Cameron has a huge fan base because he's on a Soap. Does anyone really care about Marie anymore? The younger people probably don't even know who the Osmonds are.

The Cheetah girl is VERY popular with the younger generation and Jane has the Dr. Quinn reruns going for her.

As for Mel B. yuck. Helio is not known to many who don't follow racing or whatever he does.

I agree with the person that said that the men aren't very good this time around. There will definitely be a female winner imo. I am betting on the Cheetah girl.
    I vote for Marie... love her.. love her sense of humor, and I do enjoy her dancing but I think she'll need to go in the next couple of weeks and I'll be happy with that. I had already voted for her last night prior to her fainting spell.

Are there reruns of Dr. Quinn playing anywhere? Not around here.... I think she's being kept in by the older generation. I think she's just like all of Tony's prior partners....... very verrrrrrryyyyyyy slllllllllllllllloooooooooowww wwwwwww. Not hard to look decent when you're being lobbed the slowest dances each week. She has beautiful lines and hand movements, but I don't think she's been challenged at all. I would have rather Mark stayed over her.

Cameron definitely has a huge soap base, but he is also improving each and every week. That alone is going to keep the votes coming from the more noble of the audience. Same with Jennie.

Helio didn't come in with a large fan base, but he's simply adorable. He's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Sabrina is definitely the best in this competition. Sabrina, Helio, and Mel B. should be the final three.

FORT Fogey

I'd like to see Cheetah Girl & Helio as the F2 with Cheetah winning...

With Scary Soice in 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2626282;
    I won't be able to see the show because of the fire. I am glued to the tv praying I won't need to evacuate it doesn't look good though.
    I used to live in SoCal. Our prayers are with you (and a lot of our friends who are still there). This seems so much worse than the 2003 (when we still lived in Riverside County)

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2626282;
    I won't be able to see the show because of the fire. I am glued to the tv praying I won't need to evacuate it doesn't look good though.

MsDiva2007Just want you to know my heart and prayers go out to you and those on fighting on the frontlines. And I also pray the winds will die down soon....be safe and know we care
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

FORT Fan

In today's Seattle Times newspaper, page C3, there is an article about Marie Osmond with a little Q & A section. Before they start the questions, it is revealed that Mark Cuban is the next person ejected (their word) from the show. What's with that?

And then she was asked if the chance of public humiliation is so great on a show like this. Does it get to her? Her answer - "Only if you let it. Except for (Cheetah Girls') Sabrina Bryan, the rest of us aren't trained dancers, so, yeah, it's been tough."

In my opinion, if you have trained dancers, the playing field is not level. I felt the same way last year about Joey Fatone. The guy was in a 'boy band' and he obviously knew how to dance, regardless of whether it was ballroom or not. He had plenty of rhythm, something many of the other contestants have to work very hard on each week.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by AllyCat
    I'm sad to see Mark go...even if it was probably his time. I admired the way he put everything he had into it and made it fun despite the fact that he had to be in extreme pain much of time. He took it seriously and had fun at the same time.
    I totally agree with you! I enjoyed seeing him dance... I loved his enthusiasm and determination to try and do his best each week and I will miss him!

Quote Originally Posted by memorylane
    Does anyone really care about Marie anymore? The younger people probably don't even know who the Osmonds are.
    um...I care about Marie......and my 14 year old son knows all about Donny & Marie and did waaay before she ever showed up on DWTS because he's listened to me talking about them being my first concert and watching their show and wanting to be Mrs. Donny Osmond...so I'm sure if my son is aware of them, then there are bound to be other kids who have heard their parents talk about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I vote for Marie... love her.. love her sense of humor, and I do enjoy her dancing but I think she'll need to go in the next couple of weeks and I'll be happy with that. I had already voted for her last night prior to her fainting spell.
    Totally and completely agree with you Broadway...

I happen to like JLo (though I didn't care too much for the performances tonight) and I'm thrilled that she is pregnant!

And I'll also state in this thread, like I have in many others here on the FORT,my thoughts and prayers are with those dealing with the fires and wishing that each and every one of you, your families and pets are safe. and
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by AllyCat;2626213;
    I'm in the minority for sure, but I like Mark! His enthusiasm I think makes up for a lot. I'm just saying...
    I like him too! I can't imagine getting out there and doing that, let alone with just having hip replacement surgery! I like his enthusiam and the fact that he knows he can't do the technical stuff as well as the others, but tries his hardest anyway.

I would rather see more Mark Cubans and less Cheetah Girls on this show. Lets get all celebs who have no dance training and see who improves the most over the season. Or all celebs who have had dance training if you really care about how "polished" a dance is.

+ Reply to Thread