+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 10/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I wasn't as impressed this week-I guess it's just not my dance. I think Edyta is a beautiful woman. She wears skimpy clothes that drape her, but others do too! I say as long as you can,....do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2623581;
    She's fine and supposedly her first words after coming back were "oh crap".

7's across the board and Sam asks her if she thought she was going to get 10's for fainting... class act that Sam... anyways, Marie says sometimes she gets lightheaded and faints when she gets winded. Yeah, that's normal. But at least she's ok and to be honest those scores were fair. It wasn't a good routine.
    When she said that I was actually wondering if she has the same condition my niece has, where she can be fine one minute and on the floor the next. I don't remember what its called.

FORT Fogey

I think the judges are trying way too hard to help the women stay in, and some of the women are good enough on their own merits. Jennie was horrible last night. Me and my husband do latin dancing, and I am not saying I am an expert or anything, but it was horrid. Her timing was off, and she was completely off tune to Derek. Why Len insists on giving her higher marks than she deserves I have no idea other than she is the only blonde woman on the show. I think Cameron is getting bad reviews for everything. We know his shortcomings, but when there are more good things than bad things like this and last week let the good be talked about and shut up about the bad like you do Jennie and Jane.

I think the judges and the shows plan to have a woman take it is going to backfire if they keep it up. Sabrina is great, but Cam and Helio are going to get the votes if they don't play more fair.

Based on the dancing, I think Marie, Jennie, or Mark need to go they were the worst with Jennie being the very worst of the night.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;2624963;
    When she said that I was actually wondering if she has the same condition my niece has, where she can be fine one minute and on the floor the next. I don't remember what its called.

I have no idea what is wrong, but Marie seems off to me on every show. She is so darn giddy and goofy, and now this. I cannot tell if she is just having fun, is drunk or high, or just does not eat enough to correspond with all the activity.

FORT Regular

I wondered if she is on diet pills. She seemed more hyper than usual last night. Am wondering if there is more to this. Hope she gets checked out by her doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2623825;
    Next up are Maks and Mel. Oh I don't like what Maks is wearing but man he can move. I try so hard to watch Mel dance but I can't. My eyes go straight to him. Finally a real Latin dance with appropriate music. That was a really good routine, although the few times I looked at Mel she looked a little stiff in spots.
    That's one of the things I dislike about Maks. He always outdances his partner and makes the dance about him. He needs to save that for when he's dancing with another pro.

Quote Originally Posted by nliedel;2624751;
    Marie scared me. I've been reading, on the net, how "old" she is and I'm a little offended, she's just a couple years older than me! That's not old. I'm so glad she's okay.
    Old??? She's only 48.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I wouldn't be surprised if the competing couples have access to a steady flow of energy drinks, like Red Bull, which helps to hype them up.

I knew with the heavy thud with which Marie hit the floor that this faint was for real. No one in their right mind would slam themselves down like that.

I've been on Nutrisystem before, and it can be hard to eat all of the food that you are supposed to eat on that plan....so a lack of calories should not be a problem. You eat, and you eat, and you eat, and you eat (and you're still not finished for the day)....and then you need to make sure you get your water in.....and the weight just disappears! It will definitely blow your mind how you can eat so much and the weight just falls off, but in a healthy timeframe! Now, if you're trying to speed things up.....that's just stupid and dangerous.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2624837;
    That's exactly what I thought too. Notice Tony or Tom didn't even think of catching her.

I was disappointed in how she handled it after, though. At first she apologized, which is ok (even though it's not her fault), but then she jokingly started pleading for sympathy votes, going as far as saying she'd love to redo the dance. As if her fainting had anything to do with that boring dance she did.
    Marie dropped in half a second, how was Jonathan (I assume you meant Jonathan, not Tony) or Tom supposed to realize what was happening, react, and catch her in that short time? And even so, Jonathan actually did catch her neck before her head hit the floor. As for how she handled it afterwards backstage, I give her major credit for being a trouper and trying to keep her wits about her and making some jokes (even if they weren't great) while she was still obviously in great distress, being held up by Jonathan. As you said, she was joking.. I see no problem with it, I saw typical Marie Osmond sense of humor trying to minimize an entertainer's embarassment at what happened. And by the way, yes her condition did have a little bit to do with her dance. In the taped after-show interviews, Jonathan said he could tell about half-way through the dance that something was wrong with her. Marie herself said she started feeling lightheaded almost from the beginning when they started the dance.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2625392;
    Marie dropped in half a second, how was Jonathan (I assume you meant Jonathan, not Tony) or Tom supposed to realize what was happening, react, and catch her in that short time? And even so, Jonathan actually did catch her neck before her head hit the floor. As for how she handled it afterwards backstage, I give her major credit for being a trouper and trying to keep her wits about her and making some jokes (even if they weren't great) while she was still obviously in great distress, being held up by Jonathan. As you said, she was joking.. I see no problem with it, I saw typical Marie Osmond sense of humor trying to minimize an entertainer's embarassment at what happened. And by the way, yes her condition did have a little bit to do with her dance. In the taped after-show interviews, Jonathan said he could tell about half-way through the dance that something was wrong with her. Marie herself said she started feeling lightheaded almost from the beginning when they started the dance.
    I wrote this in the Marie and Jonathan thread, too, but I read a quote from Jay Osmond where he said that she has asthma.

In her ET video, she minimized it by saying that she has allergies, but I'm sure that with all of the smoke in the air down there her asthma was acting up, and that probably affected her breathing.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread