+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 10/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Re: 10/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I'm glad to hear that Marie is okay. Her dance wasn't as good as previous dances - thought she deserved all 7's.

Jane's dance felt like every other dance she's done. It's like she only dances in one speed, and while it looked nice, I nearly fell asleep during this performance. Thought she should have had a 24. (And yes, she did have both feet off the ground last week.)

I have really grown to like Mark, but I can't see him staying around much longer. His dance was entertaining, but not terribly good technically. 21 was probably fair.

Sabrina is just so enjoyable to watch. I love her personality and I love her dancing. I agreed with Carrie Ann about her turns being a little sharp, but on the whole this was a great routine. What a talent!

Jennie is so cute and sweet, I just wanna pinch her cheeks. But just as she was very confident and precise with her paso doble last week, she was equally tentative and uncertain with her dance tonight. She looked like she was counting in her head. Not that I think she did a bad job, but in my opinion, not nearly as good as last week. She looked beautiful in yellow, though.

Helio just didn't flow as he has in all of his other dances. I was disappointed, as I really like him and Julianne - they usually have such chemistry - but not tonight.

Mel and Maks were just hot together! The best of the night along with Sabrina & Mark.

When Cameron dances, I don't believe him. He strikes the poses, but he seems stiff. I think Carrie Ann told Mark (a week or two ago) that he looked like he was imitating a dancer - that's kind of the way I feel about Cameron. Anyway, I thought he deserved a 24. It seemed kind of weird and presumptuous for Susan Lucci to give dance pointers to Edyta.

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

Marie scared me. I've been reading, on the net, how "old" she is and I'm a little offended, she's just a couple years older than me! That's not old. I'm so glad she's okay.

I like Jane, but she's got one speed, one style.

Sabrina is a joy to watch. She is head and shoulders above the others, technique wise. I don't know if her fan base ca carry her past Jane, but she's really talented. She looked a lot smaller last night. I know that dance will make you lose weight. I hope she makes good changes. She carries it in her tummy, which shows up on camera. Still, she's real sized and I like that about her.

I like Cameron. Yes, he is a bit stiff, but others are more stiff.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

FORT Fogey

I think Cam did another good job last night and so did Jennie. They are my two favorites.

Either Marie or Mark deserves to go based on last night. I still do not like Spice Girl or Cheetah Girl at all. Jane was kind of boring. Helio is handsome and I hope he and Julianne can get back that "spark" they had at the beginning.

Split my votes... 5 for Helianne to keep them around to see if Julio can recapture the magic, and 3 for MelMax on the strength of the performance.

I had been solidly in the Jane camp, but something about her last two rehearsal packages has bothered me. Her strength is her ability to hit lines and positions. Of course, the training is going to focus on finding the best lines and positions and "putting her there." I don't get the sudden onset of whining.

My heart just stopped when Marie fainted. I am so glad she is doing okay. Were as her dance is not that great, she is just so cute and fun to watch.

Jane -Are all of her dances going to be slow? It was so boring......
    Jeanie - The music didn't match the dance piece. But I thought she did great.
    Sabrinia - One word, AWESOME!!!
    Helio - I really like Helio and Julianne dance. It fit well with the song.
    Mark - Now this was a cute dance.
    Cameron - They were okay. I was tickled when the judge told Edyta to stop doing those one legged spins. She does that a lot.
    Mel - It was just okay. She got off step quite a bit.

My favorite to win are Sabrina and Helio.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6;2624797;
    I had been solidly in the Jane camp, but something about her last two rehearsal packages has bothered me...I don't get the sudden onset of whining.
    If one's grace and elegance is false, one can only keep it in place for so long before the real personality leaks out. Personally, I've never understood why she's perceived to be the epitome of refinement by so many when I've found her to be so essentially vulgar with a veneer of polish, but eh, eye of the beholder, I guess.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I just saw a bit on Good Morning America with Tom Bergeron via phone speaking of Marie's fainting. He said it's not uncommon for them to come off the dance floor breathing heavily but Marie later told him that she'd held her breath in an attempt to slow it down. When she first fell, he thought for a split second that she was joking because Len was taking so long with his comments. Some in the audience did as well because there was some laughter until everyone realized it was real. As far as her not receiving sympathy points, he said the scores are entered into a keypad as soon as the dance is over, before the dancers even make their way over to the judges. So, the scores were in before she fainted.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Tobi: The music is so bad that I think it affects the scores. How can you concentrate on the dance when the music has NOTHING to do with the dance. I noticed when the music is better the scores are better that is not fair. the music sucks for the majority of the time, really awful, ABC needs to get a clue and change that, it is distracting when the music has nothing to do with the dance. We are worldly, we can understand real Latin music, bring it on to match the dances for pete's sake.

Tobi, Agree. I've noticed the scores too when the music pertains to the dance the scores go up. This show desperately needs Latin music. I'm amazed most of the dancers do as well as they do with the music they are given. It's got to be a real challenge! I would think the professional dancers would point this out to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;2624824;
    When she first fell, he thought for a split second that she was joking because Len was taking so long with his comments. Some in the audience did as well because there was some laughter until everyone realized it was real.
    That's exactly what I thought too. Notice Tony or Tom didn't even think of catching her.

I was disappointed in how she handled it after, though. At first she apologized, which is ok (even though it's not her fault), but then she jokingly started pleading for sympathy votes, going as far as saying she'd love to redo the dance. As if her fainting had anything to do with that boring dance she did.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;2623585;
    7's-They couldn't throw her at least one sympathy point? Kidding, just kidding!

It won't matter, imo, I think the fans will give her plenty of those, I did. Not Marie's best night, for sure, but Mark was still the worst and should be the one to go home, imo. She'll need to do better next week though.

+ Reply to Thread