+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 10/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2616348;
    She appeals to me - I just didn't bother to vote on Monday. I will NOT be making that mistake again. Nor will I be throwing mercy votes at other couples.
    Are you sure that you aren't a closet Spice Girls fan??

FORT Fogey

Closet? No. I'll admit to having rented Spice World, and actually watching the whole thing. Did they make the best music of their time? Definitely not. Were they entertaining? Sure.

I think Mel has done a great job of adjusting the dancing abilities she already had to the ballroom. I enjoy her attitude, and I enjoy the chemistry between her and Maks. I adored Laila last season, and in many ways, I see Mel as an extension of that pair.

Just because one happens to think that Mel or Sabrina are doing a good job on the show as dancers doesn't necessarily mean they are a fan of their music (out in the open or closet). I happen to like both of them. Never thought I'd say that about Mel but her personality is fun as is Sabrina's. I think they both have good attitudes and good chemistry with their partners. Sabrina acts her age. She's just a kid and I don't expect her to act all elegant and refined like Jane or even mature like Jennie. She's acting exactly like I would expect somebody her age to act who is excited about how good they are doing and having fun.

And perhaps the "masses" who watch this show don't even know about her history, I didn't till everybody here kept bringing it up. I just knew she was a former spice girl. I'd venture to say that a lot of the voting viewers who are not on the forums could care less about her history and just go off if they like her or not. No idea how far she will go but I doubt that her past with Eddie has much say in how she does on this show.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 10-17-2007 at 12:36 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2616360;
    Closet? No. I'll admit to having rented Spice World, and actually watching the whole thing. Did they make the best music of their time? Definitely not. Were they entertaining? Sure.

I think Mel has done a great job of adjusting the dancing abilities she already had to the ballroom. I enjoy her attitude, and I enjoy the chemistry between her and Maks. I adored Laila last season, and in many ways, I see Mel as an extension of that pair.
    I had forgotten about Spice World, lol. Back when they were popular, I remember my nieces loved them and played their CD over and over. Perhaps that's why I am less than fond of any of the Spice Girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2616371;
    Just because one happens to think that Mel or Sabrina are doing a good job on the show as dancers doesn't necessarily mean they are a fan of their music (out in the open or closet).
    Plus (and this is sad), voting for people because you think that they're "nice" or "cool" or "neato" or whatever in their outside-the-reality-show-life leaves the door open for all the fans of the Master Ps of this series to keep their particular favourites in (and you know how much people whined about his prolonged stay). Quite honestly, I don't vote (I've only ever voted for Drew, and that was after his "Save a Cowboy" dance - wow!), but if I did, I would vote for whom I considered to be the best dancer, no matter what I feel about them as a human being. So last year, I would have voted for Mario, revolting as I think he is. This year, maybe Sabrina, though I am a little disconcerted by her alleged level of professionalism over the more amateur dancers. So if I took that into consideration, I would probably vote for Jennie. Mel may be a technically better dancer, but not being a judge, I don't know. I just know that I prefer Jennie's style and I feel that she has made the most overall improvement.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

This season I find myself voting more for the professionals, rather than the stars. In previous years I didn't pay as much attention to the professionals, but this year Julianne, Derek and Mark Ballas are just so good. I look forward to their dances, just to see what choreography they are bringing.

Although I'd fall into the Marie/Jane demographics, I'd rather see the youngsters than the slow (but smooth) oldies.

I think the next to go will be either: Mark, Cam, Marie, Jane and judging by the fan votes, Mel B.

Loved Drew and Cheryl's dance! Poor Wayne, his voice is shot. Was he sick? Or has his voice just deteriorated?

Latin should be fun next week!
    Tahoe bound....

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2616496;
    I think the next to go will be either: Mark, Cam, Marie, Jane and judging by the fan votes, Mel B.

Loved Drew and Cheryl's dance! Poor Wayne, his voice is shot. Was he sick? Or has his voice just deteriorated?

Latin should be fun next week!
    I think Cam and Helio will be around to the final 4. I suspect Jane and Marie are drawing from the same voting pool, so one of them is likely to go next, although I do wonder where Jennie's votes are coming from.

Wayne's voice is gone. That's why he couldn't just switch LV hotels when his closed. IIRC, he was offered a steady show in Branson, MO, but didn't take it.

FORT Fogey

I would say that Jennie's votes are coming from her 90210 fans. Kelly always was better than Brenda.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2616496;
    Poor Wayne, his voice is shot. Was he sick? Or has his voice just deteriorated?
    Both. He's pretty ill this week, he had to cancel his live tour concerts for this week due to his illness, and from what I understand, he's a real trouper who never would cancel a planned live show unless he really was pretty ill. He agreed to perform on DWtS with less than 24 hours notice when Estefan had to pull out at the last minute, but apparently he's seeing a heart doctor this week regarding whatever his current health problem is.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2616556;
    I would say that Jennie's votes are coming from her 90210 fans. Kelly always was better than Brenda.
    I would say that initially, but since she has gotten better since the show began I hope that she has managed to pull in quite a few more voters.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread