+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 10/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 10/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I didn't see Floyd as being a bad sport. Floyd has the right to get upset if he feels he was wronged. I have to ask Was Jane then a bad sport when she loudly and vehemently denied that her foot didn't leave the floor?Jane's foot was not touching the floor, Carrie Ann was right.

Why is it ok for some to get mad about their scores and others are just to stand there like good little tikes and take it? I am sad to see Floyd go because I think with a partner who was invested in teaching him technique he could have done well.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2616006;
    I didn't see Floyd as being a bad sport. Floyd has the right to get upset if he feels he was wronged. I have to ask Was Jane then a bad sport when she loudly and vehemently denied that her foot didn't leave the floor?Jane's foot was not touching the floor, Carrie Ann was right.

Why is it ok for some to get mad about their scores and others are just to stand there like good little tikes and take it? .....
    I don't recall anyone ever saying it was ok for some to act one way and some another. Yes, Jane was being a bad sport about that incident also. The difference is that Floyd has had a bad attitude from the first day, and blames his scores on everything and everyone except himself. Anyone can have a bad week and be a bad sport once and be forgiven, but when they're like that every week, that's different. Any of them can get upset if they feel they're wronged... it's how they handle that emotion on a regular basis that separates good sports from bad sports. Like Tatum O'Neal saying "I hate those judges, they better hope I never catch them outside the studios", or Floyd huffing "I better see some better scores now!" and stomping off. In my book, that's poor sportsmanship.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I never saw any bad sportmanship on Floyd's part. Floyd has said numerous times his main thing was not disappointing Karina. I saw Floyd like others get frustrated and get mad, get over it and come out ready for the next week.

Floyd could have taken the Master P route and just did minimal amount of work to learn the dances. Floyd worked hard at learning and his frustration imo was with himself and his need to please Karina. I found no "Poor Sportsmanship." I saw a man used to winning trying something new and showing a little human frustration with both himself and the scores. I truly can't say I blame the man frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat3006;2615879;
    What did you guys think of Wade Robson's routine?

I, kind of surpurisingly, loved it. He has always been an amazing choreographer, but after some questionable routines on So you think you can dance I kind of have been a little leary of what he does.

He's back on top in my book I'm so glad we got the chance to see him perform!!!
    I loved it. I had to rewind and go back and watch the routine again when the show was over. I can't wait to see more of his quirky choreography when I go to see the So You Think You Can Dance tour show next month.
    I was trying to see if I recognized any dancers from the show in the group, but with the makeup & costumes, it was too hard.

I thought the song they used was really cool. Anybody know who the artist is?

Lurved me some Robson last night! Did anyone else feel robbed by the camera work in the Cheryl/Drew routine? From what little they showed us, Drew's moves were pretty good. Other than the wonky lift, it looked like a pro-am competitive show piece.

What's reality???

Quote Originally Posted by Swingsongbird;2616125;
    I loved it. I had to rewind and go back and watch the routine again when the show was over. I can't wait to see more of his quirky choreography when I go to see the So You Think You Can Dance tour show next month.
    I was trying to see if I recognized any dancers from the show in the group, but with the makeup & costumes, it was too hard.

I thought the song they used was really cool. Anybody know who the artist is?
    I heard that Travis Wall was supposed to be one of the dancers - but with the costumes it was really hard to tell. I'll have to look online and on youtube.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by tracyann00;2616167;
    I heard that Travis Wall was supposed to be one of the dancers - but with the costumes it was really hard to tell. I'll have to look online and on youtube.
    My wife thought she saw Hok as one of the Jester-type characters

I enjoyed Cameron & Edyta more last night than Monday night. It was nice to see them give the encore to someone who had improved, not just the "best" dancer.

Not surprised or sorry to see Floyd go, but I was very surprised to see Mel B. in the bottom 2. I felt bad for her, she seemed genuinely upset. DH says people are probably put off by her personality, but I find I'm actually liking her.

Loved Wade! I love the quirkiness of his routines, and he's a darn good dancer himself.

It was fun to see Drew and Cheryl dancing again, Drew was really good. They're still one of my all-time favorite couples from this show.

FORT Fogey

Maybe the Spice Girl is just not that popular with the fans.

She is grouped with Victoria Beckham through their Spice Girls connection and no one seems to like her. Plus, there is the whole having Eddie Murphy's baby and running off and secretly getting married to some other guy. Perhaps she just does not appeal to the "masses."

FORT Fogey

She appeals to me - I just didn't bother to vote on Monday. I will NOT be making that mistake again. Nor will I be throwing mercy votes at other couples.

+ Reply to Thread